Search results

1. matthab

Cupra 300 Tyres

I have continental sport contact 7 all round on mine very impressive tyre. https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Continental/SportContact-7.htm
  2. matthab

Car won't start

Battery flat or old, this can make electrics do weird things.
  3. matthab

Removed Battery & Lost Functions

To fix the window issue roll the window down but keep the switch pressed down for 3-5 seconds. Then raise it and keep the switch pulled up for another 3-5 seconds.
  4. matthab

ACC,lane assist and dynamic roads signs not available.

Those are normally due to the wheel speed sensor, but have some other lights like tyre pressure warning and traction control issue. Do you have a code reader available?
  5. matthab

How is a Leon Cupra as a family car?

As a hatch poor. As an Estate it does a good job, 2 weeks in France it was full to the roof and did it well. My 280 hatch was a pain it could never quite take a buggy whole the Joie spin we used needed the seats forward. Dont get me wrong it will do but expect it to be a squeeze and definitely...
  6. matthab

Crazy Fuel Prices!

Tesco was 166p yesterday for super.
  7. matthab

How do I track down this idiot? What would you do?

The issue with that is even with photos it will be a he said she said argument, unless you have video. You can try but id chalk it up and fix yourself, it should only be a panel respray, which is about £350-400 a panel. You park right at the back and some numpty parks right next to you, doesn't...
  8. matthab

Alternative Brake Discs/Pads - Cupra

If you have ACC it uses the rear brakes for most of the braking.
  9. matthab

Cupra & a baby

Plus we had a dog to fit in, so we just bit the bullet and got an estate. With the SUV craze you cant beat an estate in doing the family grunt work. I skipped the part where we bought an Ateca I found it sole destroying, gave it to my wife and bought a car I enjoy driving :ROFLMAO:
  10. matthab

Leon cupra 300 MPG and value

My 300ST around town high 20s low 30s. When I have to go to the office which is all motorway/dual track it can get near 40mpg. The newer cupras with the GPF and 7speed dsg can cruise very well.
  11. matthab

Cupra & a baby

When my daughter arrived, no chance would we of made it work with my 280 hatch. So bought a 300 ST and it was problem solved. The two main issues we had was a pram/buggy filled the boot and the passenger seat was so far forward due to the car seat it was uncomfortable. People say they made it...
  12. matthab

Bike rack for estate

I didn't risk it with mine and got roof bars. The weight of two moden mountain bikes (29er) would be to close to the limit for a hatch mounted rack. Roof bars are far more safer and secure.
  13. matthab

Full link activation worth it?

Should be standard, but not sure if it varies on country spec.
  14. matthab

Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Thought the issue has been largely fixed, as our Ateca had both updates and it was far better. Its not great and wont be kept when the lease runs out. When you compare the 1.5tsi to the 1.4 and even the 1.2 before it, they were far more lively. The 1.5 takes ages to get going and isnt very...
  15. matthab

Cupra coolant anxiety....

Had two Cupras and never had an issue. Drove 50k on the 280 and at currently 10k on this one. I wouldnt worry about it, it will start as a slow leak anyway.
  16. matthab

Power loss

Check the turbo waste gate actuator. This can cause loss of power and be very random.
  17. matthab

Cupra Sensitive to Road Camber

Mine with the stock continentals does this and so did my 280. Changing to PS4s made it better but I think I just got used to it. Even the lane assist struggles as it follows the camber. If it helps I drove in France and it did the same but the other way :ROFLMAO:.
  18. matthab

Leon limp and oil in pressure pipe

1.2tsi has a common issue with the turbo waste gate actuator, that makes it go into limp home mode. Without much more to go on I cant tell you.
  19. matthab

Power loss

Is this a diesel or petrol? Could be DPF related, what did they use to read the codes? I would invest in OBDeleven allowing you to read the modules yourself.
  20. matthab

Cupra 290 vs Cupra 300?

Well that's very clear... Thanks for clearing that up. o_O:D
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.