Search results

1. bazmac28

led side light bulbs

There is a thread on here which recommends a set for side lights interior lights and numberplate lights for 20 odd quid . Have them myself and they look good but the bulb out warning light comes on when you turn the ignition on and goes out when you turn the lights on . they are the right ones...
  2. bazmac28

Bulb out warning light .

Cheers will check it out when I get a moment which is any ones guess lol .
  3. bazmac28

Bulb out warning light .

Strange problem here guys wonder if anyone can help . When I start the car the bulb out warning light comes on . If I leave it for a few seconds and turn my lights on it goes out . I have led side lights interior lights and number plate lights . These are the ones that were recommended on here...
  4. bazmac28

speedo callibration

my speedo reads 6mph under which i find a bit excessive . is there any way of getting it re callibrated . stylance 1.9tdi running standard 16'' wheels and tyres . i know you cant have an over read by law but 6mph under is excessive . any ideas .
  5. bazmac28

Squeak

Thanks guys much appreciated
  6. bazmac28

Squeak

I have noticed recently a squeak coming from what sounds to be my front offside wheel . Its not there all the time but seems to appear when I turn right . It does it some times when I turn left and occasionally when going in a straight line . Does anyone have any ideas ? Any help would be...
  7. bazmac28

Got new wheels boys

Are your mirrors electric folding and if so where did you get your chrome mirror caps from , and how much . Also the chrome trims on your door handles ars they the ones of ebay . Your car is looking good .
  8. bazmac28

Thirsty Altea 1.9 TDI

I just fuelled up today with a quarter of tank left and just over 400 miles done . This is mainly on round about town with a run to Edinburgh and back from Glasgow . Hope this helps . :)
  9. bazmac28

double din head units

Double Din I have a pioneer AVH3200BT and certainly reccomend it , great piece of kit . It is running Focal speakers which are awesome as well . The speakers are fitted in mdf rings and not the plastic adapters of ebay . These were made by and fitted by the guy who supplied the speakers . The...
  10. bazmac28

Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

Speakers I would go for the focals . I have them in my Stylance and they are AWESOME . the are fitted with MDF rings and not the plastic ones of ebay . These were fitted by the guy where I bought the speakers from and he had the rings knocked up in no time and the speakers fitted not long...
  11. bazmac28

Pioneer f9110bt in seat altea

I have a pioneer AVH3200bt in mine running focal speakers . Absolutely awesome sound that seems to get better with time . Eventually going to add an amp and sub when finances allow . There is plenty of info on here regarding these topics you just need to search . Hope this helps . Baz
  12. bazmac28

Turbo to Intercooler Pipe

Bought the car in June . I thought the same about it being really difficult to get damaged . I need to get the address or email for Seat UK so I can write them a letter , all I can do is see where I get with that . The car is an 05 plate with only 46000 on the clock and I think this is a...
  13. bazmac28

Apparrently the bit that the pipe goes onto with the lugs on it had part of it missing so the pipe would not go back on propery and the clip to hold the pipe on and stop it blowing off again . It's just the type of luck I have . It was a main Seat dealer I took it to and also where I bought the...
  14. bazmac28

Wish it would have only been £90 to fix . Try just short of £500 the actual intercooler needed replaced and was not covered in the named components warranty . To say I am well pissed off is not even getting close . Cheers for the replies anyway guys . Baz
  15. bazmac28

altea freetrack tsi or tdi

Get Foc al speakers AWSOME . Mine are hooked up to a Pioneer AVH3200 ,well worth it .
  16. bazmac28

Thanks for the replies . The pipe that has come off on mine is located at the front nearside behind the bumper . I am only going off where the AA man was working and don't know if there is more than one pipe here . Could not even tell you what to look for as , as I saaid I am only going of where...
  17. bazmac28

Brought the new year in getting towed home by the AA . Just going up the slip road onto motorway and a loud bang , sort of popping noise . On this happening a loss off power and car sounding if exhaust is blowing badly . Phone AA out get towed off motorway so they can look at it . Turns out the...
  18. bazmac28

Foreign object between backplate and disc .

Thanks for the replies guys . All is original alloys etc . As for removing the backplate is it not there to keep all the crap out of the brakes . Would rather leave it in place , as I'm sure if there was no reason for them car manufacture's would not go to the expense of designing and fitting...
  19. bazmac28

Foreign object between backplate and disc .

Has anyone else had this problem . It has happened twice now both times the AA fixing it . It seems some object of some sort , I assume it's a stone or something similar gets wedged between the disc and the back plate . This time it was on nearside rear , but can't remember what side it was on...
  20. bazmac28

Altea double din???

Sorry I must be thick or something but for the life of me I can't get pics on a post . I've got them onto photobucket but thats as far as I can get . I will get my son to give me a tutorial .:think::think::think:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.