Search results

1. mcdonald

MAF Cleaned !

If you want to do some more maintenaince replace the hydraulic oil for the steering pump. I used this How-to: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/250562-power-steering-fluid-flush-DIY The recommended oil is Pentosin CHF 202. The benefits are less noise from the steering pump and...
  2. mcdonald

removal of battery/ drainholes

The drains have some kind of funnel in it (part 8D0 819 419 A). I lost the one under the battery unfortunately. The good thing is that the drain is bigger now. :D
  3. mcdonald

Exeo side light problems

You'll need to put a resistor parallel to each LED bulb or buy plug & play canbus LEDs.
  4. mcdonald

Retro fit Rear LEDs

You can't fully program the rear LED lamps with VAGcom (VCDS) beside dimming the intension of the LEDs. I've tried VCDS and other programs like VAG-Commander without succes. You'll need VAS-PC for this. It has an option to switch from bulb to LED and vice versa. The only thing you have to do is...
  5. mcdonald

Front Brake Pads

Only the front pads have a wear sensor.
  6. mcdonald

Transmission oil change?

We're talking about transmission oil, not motor oil. Transmission oil is avaiable as 70W75, 75W80, 75W90, 75W140, 80W90 and 85W140. (not all meet VAG specs) See here for VAG oil specs: http://www.oilspecifications.org/volkswagen.php
  7. mcdonald

Remapped but want more power, so what should i do next?

I assume yours is a petrol engine. What you can do: - Use good quality petrol, RON98 or higher - Add bio-ethanal (1 liter bio-ethanol for every 10 liter petrol). This will give you an increase of 10-15 hp. - Good quality exhaust with 2 mufflers (ie Milltek) - Replace TIP (hose between filter...
  8. mcdonald

Transmission oil change?

You can suck a little oil from the reservoir, fill it up with fresh oil, run engine, suck oil again, etc until the oil you suck out looks clean. On Youtube you'll find a lot of videos about changing the steering oil: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=steering+oil+change+audi
  9. mcdonald

Transmission oil change?

I bought 2 cans of 1 liter each and that was more than enough. The power steering system doesn't take much oil. Put the front of the car on 2 supports so the front wheels are free from the floor/road. Make sure the steering wheel is in centre position. There's no need to move or remove the...
  10. mcdonald

Transmission oil change?

I changed the steering oil at nearly 84.000 km (52.000 miles). There's no interval for this oil change. Some say you never have to change it which I don't believe anymore after the steering oil change from last year. An interval of 2 years or 30.000 km (18.000 miles) should be fine. Be...
  11. mcdonald

Transmission oil change?

I replaced the steering fluid last year. What I noticed was less noise from the steering pump and turning the steering wheel was smoother. You'll need Pentosin CHF 202 oil for this. This oil is mentioned in Elsawin too. For flushing the power steering fluid I followed this How-to...
  12. mcdonald

Transmission oil change?

Not sure what transmission oil the 2.0 TDI use but I guess it's 75W90 too. You might want to try 75W80 (Castrol Syntrans V FE 75W-80) instead to solve the sticky gear issue with low temperatures.
  13. mcdonald

Chrome bezels for front fogs

I ordered those rings a long time ago but never fitted them. The rings have a slightly different shape than the bezels. You just click these rings on the bezels of the fog lamps. You have to use glue to put them on. Think guys on the Spanish Exeo forum added this mod to their cars.
  14. mcdonald

Re-setting the Service Indicator

That's for the fixed interval indeed. I always use vcds to reset this after doing the oil change and an autoscan. The values of the settings that kblackburn mentioned above can be found on this German website (use Google Translate if needed)...
  15. mcdonald

Re-setting the Service Indicator

If you want to reset the service indicator with VCDS all you have to do is: [17] Instruments -- Adaptation -- Channel 2: Service interval --- 0 = reset --- 1 = due
  16. mcdonald

"Cleaner" shown on service invoice; what is it?

I think 'Cleaner' is an additive like Wynn's Engine Flush that the dealer add to the engine prior to the oil change. Do you know if the Quantum oil has the same viscosity as the Castrol oil? Maybe the Quantum was 5W30 and the Castrol 5W40. I use Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel 5W40 without problems.
  17. mcdonald

Bluetooth Module repair guide

Part numbers: Bluetooth module: 8P1 862 335 A Bluetooth antenna: 8P0 035 503 M The manual says: - Switch off all electrical components - Remove ignition key - Remove A-pillar trim (right side) - Remove front seat (right side) - Seat belt at seat frame does not have to be unfastened -...
  18. mcdonald

Dashboard and door trim

Think the inserts were later available with a carbon look as an upgrade too. Instead of buying new ones you'll might think of wrapping the inserts or spray them with Plasti-Dipp.
  19. mcdonald

Bluetooth Module repair guide

The bluetooth module is under the floor under the seat on the right according to Elsawin. To reach it you have to remove the trim and the seat. I would suggest to disconnect the - pole of the battery for at least 10 minutes first to do a proper reset. Leave the door on the drivers side...
  20. mcdonald

Steering rack replaced, big difference...

Earlier this year I flushed the steering fluid after 85.000 km. After the flush the pump is more quiet and steering is smoother. I used this how-to: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/250562-power-steering-fluid-flush-DIY You need 2 liter Pentosin CHF 202 oil or 2 liter OEM oil...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members