Search results

1. Front assist bumper - but no benefits...

Yes, it could be that I suppose Being a bit of a DIYer I'm both interested in what "free upgrades" I can perform but also what I can do when the day comes I have to take the bumper off myself. I don't want to go over a sleeping policeman and have the emergency brakes applied(!!) Any insight...
  2. Front assist bumper - but no benefits...

My daughter's Ibiza (19 plate) has been having a bit of work done - but they always say they have to wait a day or so for the AAC expert to check that the bumper has been put back correctly. I believe that AAC is what provides all the "Front Assist" stuff - but her car has none and that AAC...
  3. Ecomotive discs and pads - info please

Hi Can someone tell me what the part numbers and recommended manufacturers are for the front disc+pads on an '08 Ecomotive Ibiza? (also the part numbers for the behind-the-brakes dust shields - since one fell off yesterday!) If there's a recommended (reasonably priced) supplier that'd be...
  4. Jack and axle stands - front axle

Hi I need to change the front brake discs and pads (and heat shields) on my 6L Ibiza I would like to jack the whole front up and support the it on axle stands so I can do the work quicker Does this Ibiza have a suitable trolley jack jacking point and axle stand points? (I realise there is no...
  5. 08 Ecomotive - It really is the buzzer not working...

Sadly, no! I was more concerned about the security issues which it did resolve - it would have been nice if it had fixed the buzzer too I would strongly suggest trying to fix it yourself. Its a bit of a pain getting the lock out and if you can only then send off for the replacement part you...
  6. 08 Ecomotive - It really is the buzzer not working...

Hi I just changed the driver's side door lock mechanism as the courtesy lights were not going off and on as appropriate nor was the "lights on" buzzer The old mechanism did have the worn out microswitch - so I'm glad I replaced it - I wish I'd just bought the microswitch though would have been...
  7. 08 Ecomotive - Acrylic Headlights...

I did it with toothpaste and a wad of kitchen towel attached to my cordless drill I cannot say it is perfect - but its good enough for now - at least it is minty smelling! As to the bumper - yeah! I struggled to get my hands in to change a bulb and ended up taking the whole bumper off -...
  8. Radio DIN

Thanks for the reply - Sadly I ran out of time and I ended up doing a long journey without decent music - I still haven't done it! But I have just approached them for advice
  9. 08 Ecomotive - Acrylic Headlights...

I'm reliably informed by my daughter (who now 'owns' my all time most favourite small car) that the headlights are too fogged up. I believe replacements are £110 each but my pockets are not deep enough for that (or I am just plain mean - I fear the latter!) Is it worth the effort of rubbing...
  10. 08 ecomotive - light buzzer/interior light issues

Hi Over the next couple of weeks I must fix my (now) daughter's much loved Ibiza Ecomotive. The headlight warning buzzer will not sound and the interior light does not go on/off as expected. As I understand it this is most likely a failing microswitch on the driver's door locking mechanism. My...
  11. Radio DIN

I need to buy a cheap bluetooth and aux-in capable radio for my 08 plate ecomotive ibiza So that the remote switches on the steering wheel work what connection (DIN??) do I need? Any recommendations for the radio also appreciated Thanks
  12. So where is my ecomotive's blower resistor pack?

LOL - I thought that was in the pictures! Are these not behind the glove compartment?
  13. So where is my ecomotive's blower resistor pack?

I bought a pack with part number 23044020 but when I took out the top of my glove compartment and pulled away all the insulation I could not see the part where I expected it to be. Being a RHD car I expected it to be "up to the right" and reasonably visible although relatively inaccessible - but...
  14. Blower switch only one setting works...

Hi Over the last few weeks the blower switch on my Ibiza has started playing up First the low setting would not work, then the second lowest, last week the 2nd highest - leaving me with "max" and I have no idea how long that will last I'm guessing this is a problem with the switch - perhaps...
  15. Seat creaking...

Yeah - in the end I pretty much took the seat apart and sprayed silicon lube on all the springs and metal joints I could see - thus far the noise has gone - I will have to wait and see how long this fix works Cheers!
  16. Seat creaking...

This is quite a difficult one to search for... as "Seat Ibiza" and "Ibiza seat" get a lot of hits :-) My Ibiza'a passenger seat has started creaking really badly if you lean back into it the top part makes a creaky noise I've had the seat apart but I cannot see a culprit - in fact, taking it...
  17. Alloy centre caps...Where to buy...

I need to source some nice Seat alloy centre caps. I've recently lost one and, anyway, the colour had all peeled off them all. I need them with an external face diameter of around 60mm and the bit behind the face around 56mm I see them on ebay but I cannot be sure of the quality - can...
  18. Time for new drums and shoes....

So the Haynes manual is over-egging it when they say 'we had to take the hub off to get the shoes/springs off' ? That'd be nice - much easier at least
  19. Time for new drums and shoes....

I bought the drums+shoes, jacked her up again and took one wheel/drum off - I'm getting quite good at that. Only then did I read the next few paragraphs in the Haynes manual.... Do I really have to take the hub off? Do I really need to replace that hub bolt/nut? If I'm going to all this...
  20. Where to buy drums/shoes on the net...

Excellent - thanks
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.