Search results

1. Broken exhaust bracket

Whoever in Seat that came up with the idea of welding that bracket to the back box needs a kick in the criggs! We have a pile of grippo wire at work, i'll try it.
  2. Broken exhaust bracket

No chance im forking out for that. Been offered £1750 as a trade in today, dont want to spend any more on it at all! lol
  3. Broken exhaust bracket

Started to hear a banging noise from the rear of the car today. Turns out the resr exhaust bracket has rusted and snapped (the one that is welded to the back box). Is there a way to secure the exhaust without welding the bracket back on? (its rotten and doesnt look like welding will work)
  4. New Turbo Needed!

I had the whistle for 5 years, it got louder one day and went bang the next day
  5. New Turbo Needed!

I used to love it until it got loud and expensive! lol
  6. New Turbo Needed!

And the turbo whistle is gone completely (there was always a bit of a whistle ever since I had the car) There must have been a boost leak somewhere which has been sorted as well
  7. New Turbo Needed!

Got a re-conditioned one fitted and all, my mechanic wouldn't look at a 2nd hand one at all due to one failing after a few miles. £650 installed with a service included as well. Its going like a different car now, the turbo kicks in at just under 2000rpm with what feels like another shot of...
  8. New Turbo Needed!

Going for a reconditioned one if my mechanic can get hold of one or else a new one. He wont even consider a 2nd hand one with no warranty in case it packs in again. He said it will b smokey for a while when its fixed because the exhaust is full of oil. Going to fix it and sell it,sick of the...
  9. New Turbo Needed!

The turbo started making a loud whistling noise yesterday evening and this morning I got a lot of white smoke coming out the exhaust and no power at all (MK1 FR150) Where is the best place to get a new one? :cry:
  10. Timing Belt Cover

Ive had it off and on before but cant get it this time at all
  11. Timing Belt Cover

Is there a trick to getting this back on? (on a FR 150 TDI) Im about to loss the plot here![:@]
  12. Insurance Time again, Whats your best quote on modded mk1 Leon?

Apparently it is cheaper if your car is parked on a driveway instead of a garage! (its cheaper for me anyway!)
  13. What pipe is this?

Any links to the end connector and c clips dgjdrummer?
  14. Seat leon FR Engine Code?

Check the bottom right corner of the windscreen (from outside). It should be ARL Edit: sorry, thats for the chassis number
  15. What pipe is this?

Sorry to dig this one up again. I have the same pipe blowing oil out of it. It had been fixed temporarily a few months back (I forgot about it! ) with a screw but its coming loose again now. Will I need to replace the hard plastic pipe that it connects into as well (is there a part number for this?)
  16. MAF Fault

16485 Bouncerbeater Would a split pipe throw this code up?
  17. MAF Fault

Hi guys, I replaced the MAF sensor in my FR tdi 6 weeks ago and the fault code has come back on again. I changed the air filter at the same time so its fine. I used a bosch maf sensor so it should be grand. Is there anything else that would bring the MAF sensor fault code up?
  18. Fault Help!!!

Thanks sockpuppet. Put the new sensor in this evening and the fault has gone. Only problem I have now is I cant the timing belt cover back on! Is there a trick to getting this back on???
  19. Fault Help!!!

Cant get any volume with this at work. Is it just a matter of taking one off and replacing it or do they need to be re-programmed?
  20. Fault Help!!!

Anyone got a picture of where the cam position sensor is on this car? Also, how difficult is it to change and are any special tools needed?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.