Search results

1. High mileage Cupra, when to start expecting repairs?

15 plate, 66k miles. So far not had to do anything outside of normal servicing and consumables. Front pads needed doing at about 50k. Rear pads still have 4mm left at 66k miles so probably need doing around 90k! Uniroyal RS3's last about 14-16k on the front and 3x that on the rear.
  2. Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

When you sit on the seat the material creases where the split is. Over time it goes from being just a crease to splitting. Nothing to do with getting in and out. Maybe a smaller bottom is required! My passenger seat is creased in exactly the same place at the moment but it's worn thin and I've...
  3. Cupra 290BE Bucket seat white trim cracked!

Mine have done exactly the same thing in exactly the same place. Passenger side is slowly going the same way. SEAT Derby passed it off as wear and tear and as it's outside of the 6 months / 6k miles they cover wear and tear, refused to do anything about it. I argued it wasn't acceptable for a...
  4. Cupra 280 average miles per tank

About 300 before the display tells me I need to fill up usually. Journey to work is 50/50 back roads and dual carriageway. Journey home is all dual carriageway and motorway. Crawling in traffic with lots of start stop seems to completely screw it though. Last tank the light came on at 250 miles...
  5. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Had Asy 3's on the front of my 280 for the past 12k miles. Far far FAR better than the OEM Bridgestones and would definitely recommend them. Have just swapped them onto the back with about 3mm left with the intention of killing the 2 remaining Bridgestones before changing all 4 at once.
  6. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's

Have 2 assy3's on the front of my 280. Far far better than the OEM bridgestones they replaced (no wheel hop under acceleration any more!) and would definitely recommend them. Initial observations were that road noise was a little quieter but that might just have been from the bridgestones being...
  7. [Sticky?] Name and shame your dealers

Used them quite a bit for my Mk2 Cupra and use them now for my 280. Always done a decent job. Current crop of courtesy cars are Mii's which are pretty ropey.
  8. Dealer RANT%!$%"$&%$&!$

This is my local dealer and I avoid at all costs. They have a reputation locally for being rubbish and while I'm sure some people have had experiences which have been fine, I know many who've had issues. I use Derby Seat instead (although I work round the corner which helps!) and haven't had an...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise