Search results

1. mark_eisner

Egr delete

If you're willing to mod the file would you be willing to suggest a suitable cable which won't kill the ECU?
  2. mark_eisner

Egr delete

Will need to be mapped out, some places do it for free if you get a Stage 1 map.
  3. mark_eisner

Timing belt

The hydraulic dampers were on older 1.9tdi engines. My 55 plate ARL engine did not have a damper. Check your engine code with part diagrams on vagcat if you're unsure. Most parts sites will list parts as being from or to a certain VIN code to help find the right kit. Always replace the water...
  4. mark_eisner

Anti freeze

It can happen with air in the system, cavitation at the pump causes serious damage. Using a metal water pump and being careful to bleed the system fully will avoid the pump giving up.
  5. mark_eisner

Anti freeze

I mix it at less than a 1:1 ratio so it stretches a bit further. After changing my radiator I used about 4L but I'm not sure how much you need for a flush with everything installed.
  6. mark_eisner

Anti freeze

I assume it's for your Cupra? Go to any Seat/Skoda/VW/Audi dealer. It's now G13 spec but it's backwards compatible with anything which asks for G12/G12+/G12++. The dealers don't sell anything else and it's the cheapest place to get the real thing. Its currently £11.83 inc VAT for a 1.5L...
  7. mark_eisner

How does anyone clean this ?

Soft paint brush would offer an improvement but I don't think would manage to get everything. Worked with my Cupra.
  8. mark_eisner

LED Number plate bulbs

I concur, was just showing how easy it is to find all the info. tada
  9. mark_eisner

LED Number plate bulbs

Thread here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=149468 I've always bought reasonable quality LED bulbs from ebay [CLICKY]
  10. mark_eisner

Grey 55 Leon FR+

De-badge I debadged the 'LEON' on the rear and the red 'FR's on the wings. The car needs a good clay and polish/wax but for now I've just done the debadged areas. These pictures are by far the best the paintwork is, everywhere else is covered in scratches and rust. Also put on a fabia rear...
  11. mark_eisner

Grey 55 Leon FR+

Radiator and intercooler I've had a fairly self inflicted nightmare. Feel free to laugh. I had just got the car back from having it's cambelt done. Garage managed to break two boost clips, the timing belt cover and my handsfree microphone clip :censored:. I got the car home and changed...
  12. mark_eisner

Grey 55 Leon FR+

Door seals and speakers All my doors were leaking and as a result the aftermarket speakers were buggered. Pulling the door cards off revealed tweeters had been removed and components replaced with more components. I thought it was a little bass-y... The speakers were fairly roughly screwed...
  13. mark_eisner

Grey 55 Leon FR+

More painting I filled and painted the glove box handle and also the front/rear 'S' badges. Just a couple of pictures. Pictures of badges on the car to come. I thought I came up with this idea myself then saw a load of identical paint jobs in readers rides. Sorry to everyone I've...
  14. mark_eisner

Grey 55 Leon FR+

First round of painting and new HU The dash surround was looking a little tatty so I decided on a colour change theme and got started. I know it's the least original choice but I like it. First some things were ripped out: Filler primer was required, there were some deep scratches in...
  15. mark_eisner

Grey 55 Leon FR+

HIDs ditched and a big clean Driving around with illegal headlights and changing them for an MOT is not my style. Also blue lights look gash. Straight out! There was also another HID harness taped to the crash bar from a previous previous owner... Another first move for all my second...
  16. mark_eisner

Grey 55 Leon FR+

I've just bought a 55 plate Leon FR+ TDi. I've so far been fixing things and bringing them up to a basic standard. The more I fiddle the more I find the previous owners didn't care much about proper maintenance and just liked HIDs and £5 aftermarket speakers. Eventually I will be doing some...
  17. mark_eisner

Window Seals for X-Reg Leon?

Post in that thread with pictures: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3255713#post3255713
  18. mark_eisner

Window Seals for X-Reg Leon?

Not sure the door problem is what the OP is referring to. Are you having water coming in through the top of the windows or are your footwells wet?
  19. mark_eisner

Fuel Leak

Picking it up today so I'll confirm it's the right part. Dave@SERE also quoted for the individual line but it was an odd shape for posting.
  20. mark_eisner

Fuel Leak

Ordered the part. ~£17 from main dealer.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.