Search results

1. TTX

Anyone get a text

I had my recall letter today, booked in for next weekend.
  2. TTX

Opinions on "tribu"

Here's a quick photo of mine, not long after a quick wash today. The only editing done here was to blank the number plate, crop and finally scale to 50%.
  3. TTX

Fan Washer Jets - SUCCESS!

I've just fitted mine and WOW, what a difference! :D
  4. TTX

Fan Washer Jets - SUCCESS!

I had two pairs of jets arrive today, one set for me and one for CandyWight. I'll be fitting mine after work tomorrow! :)
  5. TTX

Ibiza - 1st service

Mine was £140 at my local Snows Seat/BMW.
  6. TTX

Wipers seem dangerous!

Mine does it too, at least on normal speed continuous mode. Try it again, but with the wipers on high speed and see if they just slow down to normal speed continuous when stationary.
  7. TTX

mk5 ibiza stainless steel sill plates/protectors

It does indeed look loads better with the black, but I wasn't going to tell the salesman that! ;)
  8. TTX

mk5 ibiza stainless steel sill plates/protectors

I've got the official stainless steel ones on mine: I asked for them as compensation when the car turned up with standard dark grey dash & door plastics instead of the white ones I was expecting. The salesman was getting a bit frustrated when I kept on refusing Supagard as an alternative...
  9. TTX

Tribu Colour Shots.

Here's my 5DR Tribu SE, I bought it almost a year ago: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290478
  10. TTX

New colour on the Seat configurator

There's another new colour only available on the ST - Balea Beige. Looks quite nice.
  11. TTX

Trip 2 resetting itself

I've only ever used trip one, I can't remember how trip two is supposed to work! I do know that trip one "rolls over" to zero when it exceeds 2000 miles...
  12. TTX

your fuel/mpg info.. please add yours!

My best mpg so far was achieved on Monday's commute to work, about 10.5 miles. It peaked at 65.2 and finished at 60.0 when I parked up. Max speed was 50mph, mostly 30/40 on A roads with some town driving thrown in for good measure. Apart from one occasion, I've always used Tesco Momentum (not...
  13. TTX

Under seat storage boxes

Ah, so that's what the little black control box is for! :)
  14. TTX

1,2 TSI Clicking noise from the dash (relay sound)

1.2TSI manual here, I also get the click. It's never really bothered me but I'd like to know exactly what the relay in question is controlling. I thought it was to do with the energy recovery feature but it can't be if the DSG version also does it. It does indeed click at about 2000 RPM and is...
  15. TTX

Has anyone got the 1.2 TSI 105bhp?

When ESP is active (default), no light shows up on the dash (unless it intervenes at any point.) Holding the ESP button down for a couple of seconds will disable ESP and result in a blinking yellow light on the cluster. I think a subsequent quick press will turn it back on. Best to leave it on...
  16. TTX

I'm pretty sure that Hill Hold Control, Emergency Brake Assist, Tyre Pressure Monitoring and XDS (electronic diff lock, fitted where engine power >= 100PS) are all components of the ESP system. No ESP, no extras. If yours is a 1.2TSI manual then it should have ESP (∴ HHC + EBA + TPM) & XDS...
  17. TTX

1.2 TSI Economy?

It took a couple of weeks but I think that was just me getting used to driving it. Got just over 1800 miles on the clock now.
  18. TTX

1.2 TSI Economy?

My 1.2TSI manual normally does between 50-55 on the daily commute, 10 miles each way of town and undulating country A-roads. My personal best so far is 56.7!
  19. TTX

As techie says, it's an awesome engine! I got my 1.2TSI late October last year, it came with rear discs as standard. At the time, the brochure stated that ESP was only standard on models with Start/Stop, which was the 1.2TSI manual and the 1.2TDI Ecomotive. XDS was also standard if the engine...
  20. TTX

Still waiting on my new tsi...

Hmm, I can't say I've noticed any hot/burning smells coming from mine. Maybe I'm not pushing it hard enough!!!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.