Search results

1. J@mes

LCR Clutch Recommendations?

Anyone used CG Motorsport?
  2. J@mes

LCR Clutch Recommendations?

As per title, what are everyone's recommendation for a daily driver LCR stage 2 clutch and where from? CG Motorsport look reasonable, but they don't really quote LB/s ratings. Cheers.
  3. J@mes

Changing rear wheel bearings Guide

Cheers for that link :)
  4. J@mes

Changing rear wheel bearings Guide

Removing old bearing? Just found this thread, need to replace my rear bearings and I'm thinking about doing it myself but I am concerned that I may get stuck (no pun intended) when it comes to removing the old bearings! Can they just be hammered off the stub axle, and then it's a case of...
  5. J@mes

Good Rubber?

The 914 looks like a good tyre... http://www.falken-europe.de/?q=en/reifen However I think the 453 is their flagship model, but tbh they all cost roughly the same from what I have seen. Also with regards to grippy.co.uk who quoted me online £89.49 per tyre all in fitted for the 453 (thats...
  6. J@mes

Falken 453 tyres...

For reference I found tyretest.com which lets people leave reviews on hundreds of tyres! From 3705 reviews the FK-452 got average score 2.25 out of 6 (the lower the number the better)... http://www.tyretest.com/summercar_tyres/falken_ohtsu/fk_452/index.html From only 38 reviews so far, the...
  7. J@mes

Good Rubber?

Hey Andy, I'm glad I saw your link above for www.grippy.co.uk as they are quoting £89.49 all in fitted at my front door for Falken 453! Best fitted price I have seen online so far, though blackcircles.com is £80 delivered, but would obviously need to find and pay someone to fit 2 of them.
  8. J@mes

Good Rubber?

I'm on the look out for 2 new rear tyres. Has anyone tried the new Falken 453? They supersede the 452, which is the tyre I have been running on my LCR for the last few years.
  9. J@mes

Falken 453 tyres...

That's good to hear mate, thanks! =) Anyone else know about/used the FK-453?
  10. J@mes

Falken 453 tyres...

Bump.
  11. J@mes

Falken 453 tyres...

Hi there, I need to get 2 new rear tyres for my LCR. I have been using Falken 452 for the last few years as I like them a lot, good value for money and all round grip IMHO. The 452 have been now superseded by the 453 and I would like to know if anyone here as tried them? If so what do...
  12. J@mes

HELP... clay bar has scratched my car!

Ok guys thanks for the response, will prob grab a Megs kit when I get a chance and give it another go! :)
  13. J@mes

HELP... clay bar has scratched my car!

I'm thinking of giving claying another go but with the the Meguiars Quik kit... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-Quick-Quik-Clay-Set-G1116-/350617807625?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item51a2732b09 Do people think this is a good soft kit? Am I likely to get scratches again, even...
  14. J@mes

DaNnY_LaD's HTA-Gt2868R Big turbo Build(Now @ AKS Tuning)

damn, and theres me thinking there was a nice little upgrade in disc size! =( lol
  15. J@mes

DaNnY_LaD's HTA-Gt2868R Big turbo Build(Now @ AKS Tuning)

where did you get your 330mm EBC discs from mate? I searched for some the other day but no joy! =/
  16. J@mes

HELP... 3" TIP boost surge?!

8bit... I finished installing my MBC this eve, went for a drive and after stopping and adjusting it half a dozen times I have managed to set it up so the turbo no longer flutters/spikes to 27/28psi. Its now hitting a max of 25psi (when loading up in 4th) but I will trim it back ever so slightly...
  17. J@mes

Funnily enough I am planning on fitting it tomorrow! As it is only capping boost (for arguments sake lets say at 24psi) performance wise when going flat out through the gears it shouldn't effect the performance at all as you wont boost as high as that when the revs really build up, but when...
  18. J@mes

Also Bill, when fitting a MBC in parallel, once plumbed in is it just a case of driving the car and looking at my boost gauge, and then adjusting the MBC until I cannot boost more than say 24psi if that's what I want to cap it to? Just wanted to double check! Cheers.
  19. J@mes

Thats what I thought. The explanation I read was because the MAF reads more air than what the turbo is getting so over fuels?!