Search results

1. J@mes

LCR Clutch Recommendations?

As per title, what are everyone's recommendation for a daily driver LCR stage 2 clutch and where from? CG Motorsport look reasonable, but they don't really quote LB/s ratings. Cheers.
  2. J@mes

Falken 453 tyres...

Hi there, I need to get 2 new rear tyres for my LCR. I have been using Falken 452 for the last few years as I like them a lot, good value for money and all round grip IMHO. The 452 have been now superseded by the 453 and I would like to know if anyone here as tried them? If so what do...
  3. J@mes

HELP... 3" TIP boost surge?!

Hi people, want to pick your brains, I noticed yesterday whilst driving my car since I have fitted my 3" SFS TIP, between 2 - 3k rpm if I floor it in 3rd gear or above I get boost spike, as in I hit about 27psi and the boost gauge needle flickers from 26-28psi really quickly on WOT and you can...
  4. J@mes

HELP; LCR coolant leak...

Hi peeps. I noticed 3 and half weeks ago when I started my car after 20 seconds the temp light came on and was beeping so I stopped the car and checked the manual and it said check the coolant. Sure enough the coolant was empty so I topped it up. I had to put 600ml in to get it to the max...
  5. J@mes

HELP... clay bar has scratched my car!

Hi there, Today I planned to give my car a good clean ready for the winter. I have been planning this for a few weeks now, and thought it would be a good idea to clay my car before waxing it, seeing as I have heard good things about clay bars! My black 05 LCR has never been clayed before so I...
  6. J@mes

HELP... How do you remove the inlet manifold???

Hi peeps. Got a quote of £25 and £20 to polish up my charge pipe and inlet manifold on my BAM LCR. I am going to attempt to remove both parts myself. Im confident about the charge pipe as this should be easy, just awquard at the back! (correct?!) Has anyone got any advice or a...
  7. J@mes

New mods; OMP Rear strut brace, HID fogs & sprayed engine covers...

Just thought i would post up a few pics of my new mods that I have done this week... first the OMP rear strut brace mod which is £55 from strutbracer on ebay (normally £82!)) which RobDon has done to...
  8. J@mes

LCR Tyres... Falken FK-452...

I had 4 new Falken FK-452 225/40 ZR18 92Y extra load tyres fitted on saturday for a very good price of £280 :yes: the next cheapest price i could find was £300 for 4 of them fitted and ballanced! I had the originals on the rear and some yokie prada spec 2s on the front. all...
  9. J@mes

CHEAP & GOOD Cupra induction kit...

Hi guys/gals! Just thought I would make a quick thread re this cold air induction kit i found on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-AUDI-A3-LEON-CUPRA-TOLEDO-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT_W0QQitemZ220097257775QQcategoryZ36680QQcmdZViewItem I fitted one to Craig's cupra last night, was...
  10. J@mes

Thurrock Services Convoy to Brands (1/4/07)...

as promised guys heres a new thread for a convoy to Brands from Thurruck Services. I think we should meet at 7.45 and leave at about 8am what you think?! 1. J@mes (now i wish i chose a stupid user name! :rolleyes: ) 2. s5luf (craig) 3. zippyprorider (andy) 4. Stretch (rob) 5...
  11. J@mes

My new Brembo brakes...

As promised heres a thread re my new brakes. got a fantastic deal from ebay (still cant believe it!) ... £235 for ORIGINAL brebmo drilled discs (which cost £255 (then p&p on top!) from the TT shop alone, which is where i was going to buy them from!) and RED DOT fast road pads...
  12. J@mes

Dash Kit...

Santa has come early for me! :yes: :whistle: after waiting 3 months I have finally got my piano black dash kit! :blink: basically i ordered it through a local car place and they (and me!) got mucked about so much by pre woodec, with promises that it was on the next shipment and...
  13. J@mes

Todays PVW Thrash Day at Bruntingthorpe...

I was invited down by Performance VW mag to join them at Bruntingthorpe Air Strip to do a bit of a thrash day! I had a wicked day! Very early start and feel shattered now! There were 13 of us in total If anyone has this months PVW mag or any other with a thrash day in...
  14. J@mes

Hybrid K04 Turbo Discussion

right! as some you know may know Sie (YerMother) has recently imported a hybrid k04 turbo and has had very good results so far in its early stage on his LCR. as a result mitchy, scott and myself are very interested in importing this turbo as it seams the inbetween of the standard ko4 and...
  15. J@mes

HELP... resetting ECU...???

how do you rest the ECU? (yes iv searched!) ok i know that you can do this by disconnecting the battery but it doesnt seam to work for me! :( can you reset the ECU with vag com?! :shrug: bassically i am playing around with Custom Code software and i tried the speed limiter thingy, so...
  16. J@mes

HELP... which mp3 head unit????

hi there! im toying with the idea of getting a mp3 player head unit that you can use a usb flash stick with or even connect my walkman w810i mob with (via a 3.5mm jack plug)... obviously i want it to play CDs as well! i found these on CAD...
  17. J@mes

k04 boost...

just wondering... what do ppl think the safest highest boost level the K04 turbo can take?! thanks, james :)
  18. J@mes

EIP quick shift...

i fitted my EIP street quick shift today! was a right nightmare trying to get the OE shifter off... took about 1hour to get it off! :-o Mr. Hammer did it in the end! ;) the shift now is sooo much better! far more positive! :yes: worth the £107 price tag! (so if...
  19. J@mes

whats this pipe?!...

i think iv got a very slight boost leak and i noticed a slight bit of oil residue arround this runny shaped pipe! also about a year and a half ago i sware reading on this link http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterhallett/Paul/paulhallett/faq/engine.htm (which no longer works!) that a...
  20. J@mes

My alloys, what to do....

hi there peeps! just want some advice really! :) right... I have decided to get my LCR rims refurbished and I decided a long time ago that I wanted to get them polished, as I think they would look wicked on my black LCR! :yes: :drool: I have started to do some research and have...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise