Search results

1. the_fbi

Faulty Electrics (immobiliser issue)

I'd say that suggests a short between the pins relating to the immob and screen wash, are they close or opposite ends of the connector? Also, I know when I did mine, I didn't quite reseat the connector onto the back of the cluster properly (its got a weird over centre latch jobby as you know)...
  2. the_fbi

Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Are you going to seal the floor first with a upva mix? You would normally but it may be different with your particular floor paint. I can't imagine it would do any harm either way. upva is peanuts for a 5L bottle and you dilute it so use very very little for a garage floor.
  3. the_fbi

If you look closely, the wood has been cut, not the metal beam :)
  4. the_fbi

In case you're not aware of them, http://www.suffolkflockingservices.co.uk are worth a go.
  5. the_fbi

Diesel from a drum.....?

Yip, it blocks off the air supply so the engine will stall, or not start if its closed.
  6. the_fbi

Diesel from a drum.....?

Check the anti-shudder valve is working smoothly and all the vac pipes around there are OK and not split. ASV will close off the intake to stop the car cleanly, possibly its a bit clogged up and not opening cleanly for an instant restart, but after a few minutes its crept open and allows the...
  7. the_fbi

Diesel from a drum.....?

Its quite likely that it could screw them up, but what is in your favour is that you removed their "refurbished" injectors and fitted another set (making no other changes), and the 2nd set worked straight away. This points directly at their "refurbished" injectors being the issue and proves that...
  8. the_fbi

With regards to weight, have you relocated your battery to the boot? There's a good 5-10kg there which you can stick to the rear of the car, I don't know if you've already done this though. If you can find somebody with access to a proper set of corner weight scales then all the better, stick...
  9. the_fbi

Worth looking at the front end geometry. How parallel are the track rods to the ground in both neutral and compression situations? Have you been on a decent laser alignment system? It may be worth checking how its setup against Seats specs. I know you're not saying its not sticking, just...
  10. the_fbi

Difference between FR TDI and Cupra TDI

Apologies for this but I just don't know Leons. What's the difference between a Cupra TDI and an FR TDI? Did the Cupra turn into an FR (around 2005/6?) or? Which is the better car? Thanks.
  11. the_fbi

Annoying intermittent immobiliser fault

Its also worth checking the multiway connector which goes into the back of the dash panel. The top row of pins can "pull" out slightly even with the latching connector firmly in place. Either take off the fuse box cover (the one on the end of the dashboard which you can only get at with the...
  12. the_fbi

My Leon Tdi Sump plug was stripped !!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310146295471
  13. the_fbi

Air Con pressure, what should it be?

Which is what I got at the weekend, which read the 90 psi, so I didn't put any more in. £40 now btw :(
  14. the_fbi

Thanks Nick.
  15. the_fbi

Anybody know what the low pressure side of the air con system should read? The port which is just above the alternator on an ASZ. Mine's reading around 90psi which, according to the refilling system, is too high.
  16. the_fbi

what are the best budget tyres?

Your profile says you have an FR, if you do, you're mad to put on budget tyres. Even a decent set of tyres will struggle with the weight of the TDI front end, let alone the power/torque on anything other than a perfectly straight/dry road. Best tyres I've found so far (and I go through a...
  17. the_fbi

do i have to remove battery to fit new head bulbs

The offside is easy enough, the nearside however is a bit of a pain to get the metal clip back over the rear of the light. What I ended up doing was putting a cable tie around the middle of the metal clip and doing the cable tie right up. Then you can use the tail of the cable tie to pull the...
  18. the_fbi

Broken Spring

Both my fronts were broken (52 plate TDI Sport 130) which was part of the reason I changed to coilovers. Sounded like somebody had left a spanner in the scuttle area, which then fell out on a corner one night. Turned out to be part of the spring. I guess its a very heavy front end with an...
  19. the_fbi

removing egr valve

How the heck are you guys getting the 2 bolts which join the smaller pipe from exhaust into the EGR off? I had a go at this a couple of weekends ago but with any combination of wobble extension or short socket I couldn't get access to either of these bolts, and clearly one of them blocks...
  20. the_fbi

130 tdi test drive with strange figures

Definately worth a scan with VAG-COM, so many things can be wrong without the EML coming on (check the EML comes on with the ignition too, not unknown for the bulbs to be removed so errors aren't visible).
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.