Search results

1. Matt-18

Craig's Mk2 Ibiza. NEW CAR Page 20 25/6/12!!

I got the same exhaust as you. I think it suits the car, not to everyones taste though but I like it. Mine sounds quite loud though I think - well it was a lot louder than I was expecting.
  2. Matt-18

Backboxes

Okay, I'll search ebay for a mk3 exhaust then! Cheers.
  3. Matt-18

Backboxes

I thought the mk3 exhaust fitted. Getting one custom made costs about 120-150 and I've got a smaller budget than that! Best place is eBay then? Also do you know anything about brake upgrades? What discs fit straight on with no massive work?
  4. Matt-18

Backboxes

I need a new backbox. What backboxes fit the mk2 ibiza? Also anyone got a link to a wesbite/ebay for one? I don't really want to replace with standard as I have the opportunity to put a sport/aftermarket backbox on. Any help would be much appreciated as I only have 3 weeks til my MOT...
  5. Matt-18

Mk2 speedo/clocks

PM me if you need some clocks as I've got some that I don't want.
  6. Matt-18

Ignition Barrel Issues...

Yeah tested everything and its deffo the barrel. I've hot wired the car for now ;-) so I can drive it to a garage.
  7. Matt-18

Ignition Barrel Issues...

I don't know whether someone has had the same problem or this issue has been covered (if it has sorry!) but the other day I drove to the gym, parked up turned the engine off but I couldn't remove my key? The key turns in the ignition and turns the electrics to the car on but doesn't go far...
  8. Matt-18

grille replacement

I didn't re-heat the plastic I just knocked the plastic off with a flat screwdriver and then pulled the original grill off from the front surround. Then with the badgeless grill I screwed it on using washers to help hold it firm in place :-)
  9. Matt-18

mk2 beeza

I don't know too much about this, but my mate told me today that the 1.4 engine could be throttle bodied which would give it more power and that it would cost around £300-400? Is this right? (Excuse if this is nonsense btw)
  10. Matt-18

spacer question

I've got 10mm spacers, and I got longer bolts, but I know yours is only 5mm but I would get some longer bolts, just to be on the safe side!
  11. Matt-18

Ibiza Mk2...

I couldn't get anymore bad luck with the car at the mo!! I havent been able to take it to the garage as the rear windscreen shattered on Monday night! I think it must be done to the change in temperatures? Got a quote 100+VAT for a new heated rear windscreen fitted tomorrow.
  12. Matt-18

Ibiza Mk2...

I know, I am taking it back to the garage tomorrow. The head gasket went last december. This time around it seems to be leaking coolant fluid from the HG area and there is white gunk under the oil cap which isn't right. Im not 100% its the HG, it could possible be plugs etc. but we'll see...
  13. Matt-18

Ibiza Mk2...

Cheers Craig. Tinted lights were easy with the fly eyes kit and only cost about 20 quid i think? I know, I am saving but my head gasket has gone the 2nd time in a year so thats my priority at th mo. Right pain in the ass :(
  14. Matt-18

Ibiza Mk2...

I don't wanna remove the rear wiper, its to useful in the winter! So aero wipers, I assume I can do that front and back? Have you got a link? I can't, I just bought 2 new tyres for them and I was given them, I think it would be a bit harsh if I sold them, when he gave me them for free. Also...
  15. Matt-18

Ibiza Mk2...

Yeah they are quite big, there 195/50 16. The reason for that is that two of the tyres were like brand new on the alloys and two needed replacing, and I didn't have enough money at the time to replace all four of the tyres for low profile ones, so I just bought the two the same size as the ones...
  16. Matt-18

Ibiza Mk2...

I then fitted some new pedals, simple mod just improves the look. I was then given a set of 16'' BK Racing eclipse alloys for free. I had to buy 2 new tyres for them. I also bought 10mm universal spacers all round with longer studs. I know people say hub centric spacers are vest due to...
  17. Matt-18

Ibiza Mk2...

Hello, joined a while back now, so I thought I would show you the small changes I have made to my ibiza. The car was brought brand new by my mum in 1996, and she gave it me for my 17th birthday, and I've had now for nearly 2 years. Its a 1.4 engine. First thing I did was to buy some simple...
  18. Matt-18

Arial - How to get it off!!

I only want to change the aerial part cus I think the stubby aerial looks a thousand times better! Its my job for this weekend....
  19. Matt-18

I will, I'm gonna order a stubby arial off ebay now!
  20. Matt-18

I did try unscrewing it, to the point I thought I was gonna break it! I'll try when its not so cold, I think you're right its just frozen. Cheers i'll search ebay now
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.