Search results

1. pbirkett

Thinking of returning to the darkside

Yep, I guess you lads are right. I've already lost quite a bit of money on cars lately. I got my Fabia vRS for £12k brand new. Kept it a year. Lost £2k (could have been worse). Then got an old Golf GTI Mk2, cost me £950, sold it 6 months later on ebay and got a paltry £400 for it, so lost £550...
  2. pbirkett

Yeah thats true, I do like it, saying that, I had some saxo up my chuff today and I was struggling to pull any gap at all on it. God knows what he had under the bonnet. To be honest, its not THAT fast, i suspect your cupra would probably be about as fast, but its the way it does it that makes...
  3. pbirkett

Oh, in case anyone is interested, here is my slag.
  4. pbirkett

Yes thats the thing isnt it.... and the thing is I *can* afford to keep it, but obviously I could pay my debt off quicker if I didnt have the running costs, but then after all of that, as you say, the depreciation will have cost me. I think part of the problem is, I seem to like changing cars a...
  5. pbirkett

Hi all, I dont know if any of you on here remember me, I guess probably not as I was not a big poster here and I actually owned a Skoda not a Seat. However I am thinking of returning to the sooty side, I have not made my mind up yet and that is why I am here, to see if anyone here can give...
  6. pbirkett

New Skoda Octavia VRS vs Ibiza FR

frboyz - you are losing your touch. :p
  7. pbirkett

Clio 182 vs Tdi Thread...

Agreed, theres not going to be much in it really on the road. You need a huge amount of extra power to significantly pull away from any of these cars. And although the Clio handled a lot better than say, the vRS, the latter could still be hustled around quickly with good technique...
  8. pbirkett

Clio 182 vs Tdi Thread...

As a 182 owner, I feel I should defend it somewhat :D First off, I admit yes the diesels are quick. However, I dont think even a remapped TDI 130 / 150 is really any quicker in a straight line. At best, I would say they would be fairly equal, in all honesty TBH. As for fuel consumption...
  9. pbirkett

Had a test drive of an Ibiza Cupra 1.8T: TDI would be better

I would only consider a diesel if / when i ever want a more refined, practical car for sitting on a motorway. Not as a driving tool to be enjoyed, no offence to anyone - its not that they cant be enjoyable, just that they dont particularly float my boat. Focus ST = too expensive, and like a...
  10. pbirkett

True... my mates FR seems to handle alright, he's put some decent suspension on it and its fast and sounds pretty good... I think i was so disappointed because i expected a cupra, being the range topper to be sorted out of the box. I got the Clio because its good out of the box, its just a...
  11. pbirkett

Yesterday, amongst other things, I had a test drive of an Ibiza Cupra 1.8T, as I was possibly looking to replace my Clio for something a tad more reliable. I got quite a big run out in it. Without wanting to appear to be trolling, I am not that impressed with it. The handling is understeering...
  12. pbirkett

Clio 172 Vs Leon Cupra TDI

^ Amen ^ At the end of the day, I get sick of people going on about speed as if its the only thing that matters. My Clio handles very well and is fast enough for my limited ability, and although there are faster cars out there, if I could do just one mod to my car, it would be to make it...
  13. pbirkett

All i'll say is WOW!

Thats the impression I got as well... but I think he was just trying to justify buying a new car to himself! :whistle:
  14. pbirkett

Anyone on here got a Leon Cupra V6?

I'm sure there is a V6 model of the Leon, but it must be very rare as nobody ever seems to mention it - has anyone tried it, or own one on here? Whats it like?
  15. pbirkett

New ibiza fr or fiesta st

Someone always uses the tuning argument... its all very well getting a diesel tuned, but then the rest of the car is not up to the performance. Some people do actually prefer a car to be good out of the box rather than feeling the need to spend thousands of pounds extra to make it as good as...
  16. pbirkett

New ibiza fr or fiesta st

Peak torque figure yes, but on the road, presumably the 20VT has shorter gearing due to having more revs to play with (not to mention a flatter torque curve), and the difference at the wheels is not that much in the real world. Back to the topic, FR or ST ? Depends what you want. The Fiesta...
  17. pbirkett

Fabia VRS Brakes - Rubbish?

That was you??? Yes it was me! Lovely car you've got btw :) Mine was filthy.
  18. pbirkett

Fabia VRS Brakes - Rubbish?

They arent terribly good brakes I'm afraid, but they do need a while (as in thousands of miles) before they show their best. Eventually mine werent that bad, but it did take time. However, they're never going to be as good as the ones on your Leon I'm afraid. The pistons are too small, and...
  19. pbirkett

Revod FR tdi Vs Buggati Veyron

That would be a laugh, until the veyron applied the brakes! :blink:
  20. pbirkett

PD150 standard power?

They feel quicker because the owners think they have more power under the bonnet than what they really have ;)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.