Search results

1. G3K

Daytime Running Lights Disable pls!

Fair point. SEAT should have thought about simple things like this.
  2. G3K

Daytime Running Lights Disable pls!

why would you want DRL's disabled anyway?
  3. G3K

oil consumption fix possibility?

If you're feeling brave take the TCS off and have some fun! They aren't anywhere near as fast as the Boc's but to be honest when you're driving it you don't want to thrash it, just a nice smooth drive and the engine sound...can't beat it!
  4. G3K

oil consumption fix possibility?

Do it mate. You won't look back. I'm loving my IS200 and the forum is good too
  5. G3K

another car to avoid LP60 LHJ

I went to pick up the new car on Friday. Gone for something totally different. Got a 05 plate Lexus Is200. The toys that they come with are insane and you can pick them up dirt cheap. Been using it over the weekend and love it. Ok its not a quick car but its a but of luxury and they should...
  6. G3K

another car to avoid LP60 LHJ

Finally had enough of the oil testing every few weeks and not much being done by Seat to resolve the problem. The time being take off work to get to the garage etc is starting to cause problems. I've paid the outstanding finance off and am handing the car back next week. Apparently it will...
  7. G3K

Here we go again.

This isn't good and I bet the dealer will say you need to run it in for a good 6k miles to tell if there is a problem. I never managed to get my oil problem sorted, dealer kept on saying do another 1k miles and we will measure again. Did that 4 times and still problems. I finally decided to...
  8. G3K

Insurance quote, getting better.;-)

Will keep this in mind when I renew next time. Only reason I stayed with Admiral was because of the second car price (nissan micra, wifes car!) They beat everyone else by a long way on that car so off set that against the rise on the Boc.
  9. G3K

Insurance quote, getting better.;-)

Hi sly200sx Does yours state boc on the insurance documents? When I renewed last year I got a quote close to this through admiral but that was through the internet. I checked all the details and it stated cupra. When I phoned them to get boc added to make sure it was all right it added...
  10. G3K

New Bocanegra owner - boot storage

I've got q good system in mine. Back seats always down and shopping and stuff gets thrown in. I leave it to the individual items where they land! Lol
  11. G3K

Another Oil Query.....

He said if mine is buring too much oil they could swap it or I could keep on coming in for more oil every 1k miles....! Don't think I will be topping up every 1k miles if I can help it. Sometimes do that in just over a week! From what I can understand they have re-designed something which is...
  12. G3K

Another Oil Query.....

Sent a strong email the other day and got a call back the next morning. SEAT will now pay for the tests regardless what they find. Think the dealership was just trying it on! The guy from SEAT UK did also say that they haven't got a 100% cure for the problem. Basically some engines for fine and...
  13. G3K

Another Oil Query.....

Top man! Found it. Thanks, will get a letter off to him in the morning
  14. G3K

Another Oil Query.....

anyone??
  15. G3K

Another Oil Query.....

Just heard back from the SEAT dealer in Hatfield and they are saying they can carry out consumption tests on my BOC but if it comes back as within the tollerance levels I will have to pay for the tests......! Nice, thanks for that SEAT My car is currently using about 1L of oil every 1200...
  16. G3K

1.4 TSI Oil Consumption

Looks like mine is heading the same way. I haven't had any other problems apart from stupid oil usage. The garage seems to think I need new piston rings at the least, just waiting for a call back from them. These cars.......!
  17. G3K

mod colour ideas

Orange or red if you like bright colours
  18. G3K

Leon cupra splitter for my Bocanegra

I think everyone that has got a good restult with the splitter has had to heat it and bend it to shape to get the right shape for the bumper. I haven't tried but when they are done right they do look good
  19. G3K

How much oil to fill dipstick shaded area??

Sounds like its excessive to me. I'm keeping a close eye on mine at the moment. Mine uses 1L every 1000 miles which still isn't ideal but don't think the dealers will do anything for me. We all need our own oil reserve with these cars lol
  20. G3K

Front fog lights.

Whatever you do don't wire them up to the dipped beam on the headlights. I did this many years ago and got stopped a fair few times by the police, they weren't too impressed when I had to have side lights only to turn off the fogs!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.