Search results

1. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Finally there, sub is installed and working like a dream. Big thanks to everyone who came back to me. I'll write up a quick guide over the weekend to help fellow newbs :-)
  2. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Cheers Weedall, what would you use to hold the earth in place if I sandpaper down the metal? EDIT - just had a look on youtube, seems to be consensus to drill a hole and use multiple screws to hold it in place.
  3. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Yer we checked the remote, my mates bringing in another amp to test that (sub is active). I will get some sand paper tomorrow! Cheers again wenman!
  4. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

New Day new problem. So last night we changed over the phono cables, because the ones that came in the 'Autoleads' set from Halfords were complete crap (the pins fell out, wtf?). However, we couldn't get the sub to then work, checked power etc. but nothing. We should be able to fix this, but I...
  5. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

haha awesome, thanks again guys!
  6. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Hi All, Success (almost) - I found a couple of bidding helpers at work today (I actually live in Buckinghamshire) and we managed to get the power cable through the gromet at the top right of the engine bay and then removing the side panel when the door is open (near the air vent) was able to...
  7. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Also do you need anything special to make the single din stereo sit flush in the dash as at the moment you can see about 1/2inch of metal, and no matter of pushing will make it 'click' into place.
  8. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Does anyone have any pics of the engine bay where they fed the power cable through? Still struggling with this aspect.
  9. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Thanks Wenman, just ordered!
  10. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Ignore the glovebox for now lol, has anyone else installed a MVH-8300BT into their car, if so what did you do about the arial connection on the back, I assume you need some sort of adapter?
  11. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Thanks for your replys all! Ill try unscrewing the glove box tomoz and giving it another go. Wasn't aware of the suspension part (if anyone could post a pic that would be amazing). I'm deffo going to be making a guide for complete newbs like myself! On another note, have been playing around...
  12. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

If not, if anyone can suggest somewhere to go that would be helpful also! And yes I could google but recommendations based on service is a lot better. Also halfords won't install because I didn't buy the units from them!
  13. Anyone in Norfolk area help with sub/head unit install

Hi, Having trouble Installing new head unit and sub and thought id asked someone on here as know how friendly most are. Got everything I need, sub has been tested and works. Tried installing myself with a mate but struggling with both cables from head unit to boot and also getting power from...
  14. Fitting AMP/SUB with alana factory HU

Thanks for getting back to me Packham. Any advice for the removal of the alana unit?
  15. Fitting AMP/SUB with alana factory HU

Ok so had a look around the car tonight, and I can't seem to find a way in from the engine bay into the glove box/passenger side. I would really appreciate someone posting some pics of how they did this?
  16. Fitting AMP/SUB with alana factory HU

Hi, I bought this cable and now want to install my sub but I'm a proper proper newb. Do you need to enter a code before removing the Alana stereo to get to the back? Also how would you suggest removing the stereo because I tried using some tools and noticed I was scratching the plastic at the...
  17. What oil do you use for your Cupra TDi?

Sorry to jump in but if anyone can suggest what to us in my 1.2 ref sport 5/7 plate I would appreciate it.
  18. STOLEN Ibiza Cupra

Sorry to hear this mate, this world is just ****ed up now. So is this a claim on car insurance job?
  19. 350 bhp IHI "rash cupra" bought today

IHI? sounds mental
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise