Search results

1. Cos

Loud rattle from engine bay

Cool thanks, I just found it's 12 lifters for the inlet side and 8 for exhaust. Prices seem to be just over £100 for a set. Gonna have a go at removing cams later and see if I can pull one apart and clean
  2. Cos

Alrighty, update time! Over Christmas the car has just been sitting in the garage, a bit useless. I took it to a mechanic initially who reckoned it was the oil pump or hydraulic lifters (the 'buckets' as he called them). I've managed to narrow down the problem though - It's definitely not the...
  3. Cos

Thanks for the help all. The noise has changed a bit, it now sounds like there's something stuck inside the engine which is causing the rattle. I think it probably is engine rebuild time, which is bloody annoying because I've only had the car about a month! I got it because it had an insane...
  4. Cos

Still rattling..
  5. Cos

Ok, got the bugger off. Wasn't so much sludge but there was some slightly more viscous oily stuff at the bottom of the sump, along with 112k miles worth of metal shavings which most likely clogged the pick up pipe. I image once the oil pump is activated all these shavings get stuck in the pick...
  6. Cos

Trying to get this last f&^king sump bolt, the one under the gearbox.. Any suggestions? One of them came out with a ball headed hex key but the other is stubborn and I feel I'm just rounding it..
  7. Cos

Thanks for your reply, was hoping not to but I will whip the sump off and see what's up. Also got a new symptom - the alternator is making a ticking noise even when the engine is off and the key is out of the ignition. Not sure if it's related.
  8. Cos

Hi all, My Cupra R has developed an odd rattling noise yesterday, about 3 miles from home. I took a video of the rattle which you can see below. The oil warning light also flashed and beeped at me as well. I checked the oil level, it seemed a bit low so topped it up. On the way home it...
  9. Cos

Uneven coilpacks

It's harlequin themed right? ;) Thanks for the peace of mind everyone. As it's not too urgent I'll get the 2.0tsi upgraded set when I can and stick them in
  10. Cos

Uneven coilpacks

Hi everyone, I've returned to the wonderful world of VAG with the purchase of an 03 LCR (AMK) after spending a year or so with a Subaru Legacy GTB and then being car less for a horribly long year! It popped up on ebay and was well priced so I decided to take the plunge. It's a good example...
  11. Cos

Decat......help.

It will come on until you have it mapped out. It will still work fine when you put the standard DP back on, it's just a way of having it running without the light coming on. PS, I have a piper decat downpipe for sale, only done 500 miles :)
  12. Cos

6l, 6n, 6k... HELP!

A fixed drop shock and spring kit is better tbh, unless you want to spend lots of high quality coilovers
  13. Cos

FR TDI Stage 2 Turbo Options??

Don't skimp on turbos mate, if you're gonna go stage 2 make sure you invest in quality components not just the cheap stuff
  14. Cos

Ibiza Coilovers

I've got some heavy stuff in the boot in this one. It's also a little lower at the friend
  15. Cos

Ibiza Coilovers

Spax 50mm shock & spring kit (Ignore the dirt!) It's A LOT better than standard, and the perfect heigh for handling and being able to navigate pot holes and speed bumps
  16. Cos

Forge strut brace. For show or do they work. knowhow needed cheers ??

Might as well go for it as it's cheap. If anything it makes the bay look a bit nicer
  17. Cos

Forge strut brace. For show or do they work. knowhow needed cheers ??

1. Yes 2. Shouldn't do 3. Apparently they do, but I didn't notice much difference. Each time I added one I had also just added a different handling mod so probably couldn't appreciate it 4. Not that I've heard of. For the Forge brace you'll need slightly longer bolts, and be careful about...
  18. Cos

They now finally sell a honey cone mesh grill

If only it had the S in the middle. Not fond of badge less grills on this car
  19. Cos

How much is my car worth?

Trouble with ebay is you'll always get people offer silly amounts. You should put an ad up on Pistonheads and Autotrader too
  20. Cos

Lowering mk 4 fr

Yeah you can. I got mine from MotorsportWorld as it was the cheapest. They do a 30mm kit or a 50mm (I'd go 50 personally). They have adjustable dampers too
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members