Search results

1. Im not saying it doesnt start but... (please read)

so to update: got her started this morning, first time no issues.. got home, stopeed the car tryed again same problem, fiddled around with some of the cables in the engine bay (near the drivers side headlight [big wiring loom]) and it seems to go every time. however now when i turn it over she...
  2. Im not saying it doesnt start but... (please read)

i have read your thread but im not having any mechanical problem, car runs fine just have and intermittent connection, which died yesterday
  3. Im not saying it doesnt start but... (please read)

oh god, this looks like a horrible job to do argh.. dashboard off is it? **** sake..... ill try the earth connections first hopefully dont find anything like that, good job though man! again thanks for helping so quickly!
  4. Im not saying it doesnt start but... (please read)

"If you turn the ignition on and no lights come on at the instrument panel means that there is no power coming from the battery. It could be a dead battery or often a bad ignition switch could cause this. Turn the headlights on, if they work, means the battery has power, so the problem could be...
  5. Im not saying it doesnt start but... (please read)

lol funnily enough, when its been raining hard when i dip the clutch pedal i get a wet foot... also found this:http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=88846 kinda simplifies to problem but its the exact same symptoms... thanks for helping so far man.
  6. Im not saying it doesnt start but... (please read)

ok, i was thinking could be a dodgey earth too.. the battery is pretty strong, and as i said it does turn over which making me think mechanicaly its sound, however the electrics seem to be fooked... will check the battery cables tomorrow first thing, ill have to try and get a multimeter. do you...
  7. Im not saying it doesnt start but... (please read)

Well, i have posted this issue before, a long time ago, since then ive lived with the problem and dubbed it the cars "Period". every month or so she just wouldnt start, what would happen is, i turn the key to the igniton point and nothing would happen, all the ignition/dashboard lights stay...
  8. Another Pedal Box issue..

hey guys, so to add to the seemingly never ending issues im having.. ive read a few posts about a cracked pedal box... well mine is shattered, the clutch cable section moves there is about a 8mm gap between brake and clutch brackets.. all i can say is fook. to top it off the bracket that hold...
  9. body panels

yea it should do the front end of the car is the same, just the doors are shorter and you obviously have a different rear quarter
  10. 8 or 16 valves Thoughts please

i got the 16v i get around 25mpg around town, its strange though it seems that it gets a better mpg when i boot it than when im in "fuel save mode" ie dipping the clutch on hills etc. but it is my daily car and i love it, plenty of poke when you want it
  11. Floor pans?

nah didnt fit mate, its taken a while but ive had a cat back stainless installed ;) gave them a back box i had for the car and the old powerflow centre box off my golf, cost me £100 for piping welding and fitting, bargain!
  12. Wheel spacers

Hmm I'm still unsure cos alot of people say if u do it to the right torque it's fine.. Tbh I'm just gonna wait n buy the hubcentric ones because I'd rather be 100% happy than 50/50, thanks for the comments though, dya think 25mm will look alright or should I go less? Ive got 17s with 205/40s..
  13. Wheel spacers

So, my mate has offered me 2 25mm for £15, bargain I here you say.. One issue they aren't hubcentric. Views?
  14. Floor pans?

cool, thanks for that, i have got the mk3 cupra tail pipe on i just didnt know if the whole system fit, been offered an exhaust system off a mate with a mk3 cupra that hes breakin so might go for it.. will see if the golf one fits first tho save me some dosh
  15. Floor pans?

Hey i was just wondering if the mk3 ibiza has the same floor pan as the mk2? im looking to get an exhaust done but im finding some nice ones on ebay... i do have a scorpion cat back which i had fitted on a mk3 golf.. will that fit? could save myself some money...
  16. Marmite's Blue Beauty (Ibiza GTI Cupra Sport 16v)

Ok so changed the wheels and sorted out some of the rust, added new leather gators and put in a new steeringwheel... HID's, LED sidelights not much else i can think of... heres the new pics :) - (again not great quality cos i took em on a stupid iphone [camera sucks]) thats all for...
  17. Amp voltage issue?!

Sorted, for some reason the earth wasn't working well enough, although it worked fine before, anyway changed the earth position and it works ok now. Thanks for all the help
  18. Amp voltage issue?!

What my idea was is to use my live and earth And just connect it to a friends set up, in bournemouth at the moment tho visiting my girlfriend, will doni when I get back
  19. Amp voltage issue?!

It's a 2000w cable so it's definatly thick enough, I will replace them to see I have changed the fuse but not the main cables, it's just £20 that I don't wanna spend lol, before I buy it I'm gonna see if my cables work on a different car and set up, thanks for all the advice, I'll keep updating...
  20. Amp voltage issue?!

All these readings are off the amp live and earth, I've done readings on the battery and alternator they were fine, I'm really stuck now..
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members