Search results

1. Audio systems iPod Cable with Combined USB Aux Option

There have been many posts to do with the iPod cable options so I've added this to help. This post is for information only and highlights a tested option but does not provide recommendation. For those cars with the factory fit combined USB and Aux (CUP) option installed there is an optional...
  2. Got my FR checked out today for noises but....

That is good, I've had to wait longer than that for a takeaway :)
  3. Need some help please Boca to FR TDI, hmm??

When I had my 1.6CR oil burner over the last 2 years I never had the DPF light on over 17K miles. General commute to work was ~20 miles of which 80 -90% was motorway. At legal speeds I could get in the 50s on a warm days. On A roads where speeds tended to sit in the 50 mph realm due to traffic I...
  4. d day 2moro :)

Looks great, have fun when you get it.
  5. Daytime Running Lights Disable pls!

I have a back problem a trapped nerve that was causing pain getting into and out of the car in the confined parking spaces where I live, not a fault of the car, maybe the 5 door Ibiza with shorter doors would have been better. Having sold my other car a 2002 Mondeo estate 130 TDCi a few months...
  6. Farewell Old Friend

I hope the weather picks up for you Biker with the new bike, a mate has one of those and it looks like great fun. I still have my Yamaha FZ6 S2 although its been in my garage most of its life since I was wiped out on my GSF1250 GT (hit hard from behind, bike a write off) a couple of years ago...
  7. Daytime Running Lights Disable pls!

I now have a 2012 Yeti with Xenons, I can disable DRL via the multi function computer thing by digging into the menu system however Yetis with the normal multi function display cannot without VCDS. It would be nice to just have a switch. The DRLs go out when the headlights are on though, even...
  8. 2.0 cr tdi fr mpg

Just a thought but maybe the fuel computer in the car is working to US gal and not UK gal... might explain the real v display difference.
  9. Farewell Old Friend

After 2 great years the time has come to say farewell to my lovely 1.6 TDI Sport. She will be missed. The time has flown by as it seems only last week that I picked her up new from the dealer. This car is in my vew the best looking car in its class by far. So why have I changed? A couple...
  10. Crazy mpg on 1.6 tdi ibiza 2009

Last week on a 160 mile round trip, mainly A roads with slow village traffic I had over 60mpg, thats not even trying, several spirited overtakes included. Generally at legal Mway speeds ~70 MPH about 90% of my 40 mile daily commute I can get average 55 mpg Odd that a thread about good MPG out...
  11. Trouble Pairing Bluetooth with SE Xperia Play

Welcome to the forum. If I recall correctly depending on the android version make sure that the phone screen stays awake after turning on BT. Keep a careful eye on the status bar at the top of the android screen, something may pop up there that may signal that you need to insert the password...
  12. 1.6/1.9 tdi 5dr Ibiza Sport - Thinking of buying

I have the 1.6CR TDI, economy it's pretty much the same as the post from garybuttle. Its done 12K miles and so far not a peep from the DPF.
  13. No Media on Radio USB problem

Sorry for asking but are you connecting the iPhone using the Y cable with the little box of tricks in the middle? With the iPods you need a connection to both USB and the AUX in connectors. You cannot just use the cable that came with the phone. Sometimes but not always I have to swipe the...
  14. iPod Cable with Combined USB Aux Option

I can confirm that the BMW cable used in the 1st post of this thread works with the 4th gen (current Jan 2012 version) 32G iPod touch. It did not update the head display of the song following the first track with Genius playlists when I tried it though, worked perfect on normal album play. It...
  15. Reverse Light

I fitted mine last night..... WOW... What a difference! I cannot believe the difference this makes. Many thanks Dan for spotting this, a HUGE difference in light output, almost like daylight :) One thing for sure you certainly get the attention of anyone behind you when you snick it into...
  16. Seat Ibiza 1.6 TDI

I'm still very happy with my 1.6 oil burner, on my 20 mile drive to work 90% of which is motorway at normal speeds I get over 55 mpg. On country lanes on a run it's not hard to get over 65 mpg. Problems since new, well a drivers interior door release rattle fixed by the dealer. I've had the car...
  17. Pairing Samsung Galaxy SII to Bluetooth System

I have the Galaxy S2 paired fine with my 2010 Sport 1.6 oil burners factory BT. Keep the phone awake when doing it though, if it goes to sleep you won't see the notifications if I recall, a work mate who has one of the more expensive Audis could not get his S2 to work until I suggested to him to...
  18. Bluetooth Problems

The S2 works fine for calls in my model year 2011. Not really bothered about the streaming bit, I use an iPod cable for that.
  19. Too old for the MK5 ??

46 but I do drive an oil burner. For thrills I have the motorcycle.
  20. iPod Cable with Combined USB Aux Option

Not sure, I know Apple changed some things when they released the iPhone/iPod Touch and as such a lot of docks would not charge the phone (iPod Classic is still OK) but they would still play music. When I got the BMW one from the dealer he said mine was an updated version (but could not specify...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.