you manage to get people in back?
  2. Silly Design Flaw

don't blame you pal, filthy habit
  3. Annoying bit of plastic behind handbrake

I used a self tapping screw into the chassis
  4. Silly Design Flaw

that slots for your 20 l&B
  5. Seriously considering converting to the DERV side! Advice needed

you can't beat it for economy, I can get just over 300 miles to half a tank, and the economy on the mway is great, coupled with the power you be hard pressed to find a better car.
  6. Scuffed my Wheel

get sum body filler, put in scratch allow to harden. Rub done with very fine wet and dry until smooth, reapeat filling stage for imperfections etc. Get down to halfords ask them to find paint that resembles wheel. Touch up. Job sorted. Them Seat alloys corrode after a few years so nowt to...
  7. reset ecu is a must

does the ecu run windows? is this why it needs rebooting at intervals? is there no service pack out for it yet or a million hotfixes? ;)
  8. Common Mk4 Problems

being built !
  9. car shuders when stud

prolly a substandard engine mount
  10. Squeaky noise

yes the squeak from the suspension is a 'feature' of the car, always happens when wet or damp, or icy. Shocking if you pardon the pun.
  11. Help, gearbox and suspension problems?!

the 'cnuts' should have a recall for the suspension clonking and something positive should be done in getting this issue sorted. As it stands now, I will not purchase a VAG based car for the fear of something not getting sorted satisfactorily.
  12. No engine cover?

yeh it might be so that they can keep up with other manufacturers decreasing 0-60 times lol
  13. No engine cover?

at the end of the day, the model is due for replacement soon, so the parts bins are prolly running low. There are benefits of having less parts - lighter, means faster !
  14. No engine cover?

its only there imo to hide the fact the engine is a 8 valve not a 16 valve. If you didnt know anything about the car, and saw the engine with the cover on, you would think it to be a valver.
  15. Seat don't do sound deadening...

did you find anything in those quarter panels that could potentially work loose, and cause a knocking sound?
  16. MK Ibiza TDI Sport 130bhp

Hi Does anyone know what the torque settings should be for the top strut mount please on a rear shock abosrber. The one that fastens the mount to the shock. thanks very much. Jim
  17. Front Grille Upgrade

just leave it be, it'll start rattling and falling apart in no time on its own! 20K in on mine, and its frankly awful.
  18. Why can't the solution to the rear knocking be found?

Sometimes I like to drive round in peace and quiet, looking at changing my car for a Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI, had Honda's in the past and never had an ounce of trouble, apart from refuelling, consumables and servicing. I shouldn't need to be replacing exhaust rubbers, shock top mounts at 21K...
  19. Why can't the solution to the rear knocking be found?

thanks for the replies and help. The car is neither lowered or had an aftermarket exhaust on, its totally stock. I will look into the exhaust and see if it is banging on its mounts, if it isn't I will replace the shock top mounts and see how that goes. thanks again
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.