Search results

1. what have you done to your car today ?

I'd have thought a resistor would be the best way forward for this??
  2. Mk5 Ibiza Cupra TDI CR 170?

Nice! :D Thats given me summat to think about, mpg on motorway driving should go up too right?
  3. Mk5 Ibiza Cupra TDI CR 170?

Already got the Ibiza FR TDI 143 mate. Was only a thought I had a bit ago, many things have changed now. Still, is that the main difference? Are injectors the same? I'd need it mapped too then???
  4. Mk5 Ibiza Cupra TDI CR 170?

Ah, I thought the 2.0TDI 170 was PD and the 143 was CR. I've Had a YRV Turbo (only cos they're so rare) and now a Civic type r since the thought like and the FR has become more of a mile muncher so I'd not upgrade now anyway. Cheers for the info like.
  5. what have you done to your car today ?

Just a wash, waffle and wax
  6. Mk5 Ibiza Cupra TDI CR 170?

Aint been on here for a while and seen I put CR 170 on this thread. ooops! PD170 is what it should be.
  7. Carbon door wrap on LCR

Nice! The real deal!
  8. Black Oil

When I buy cars under warranty I dont do it as I have the cars serviced by the main dealer but I always do it on the cheaper cars I buy and the difference is amazing, I only do it because I was advised to do so by a family friend who owns his own garage. It helps to break down sludge and...
  9. Black Oil

Nice to find this post as we have had a service and the oil has done the exact same thing. The dealership said it was normal but I have never known this. We had a Toyota Yaris D4D and the oil was always golden in colour, never black, so the reason for the colour can not be the fact that it is a...
  10. Help identifying strange

Only time i have ever had this is when the drive shafts were worn and needed replacing, this was on a Toyota Yaris T-Sport though.
  11. blackmagicibiza's 1.2 mk5

Nice work, glad you went for a Seat bumper instead of some ugly after market part. My FR is in black so it's been nice seeing the front end work on yours.
  12. Black smoke please help

I have had this a couple of times and it's after our lass has been driving, she drives it on low revs most of the time. If she hasn't pushed it in a few days and I get in, the first time I push it, it leaves a cloud of smoke behind but after that it clears up. It has been the same with every...
  13. Changing from a 1.4 to a 1.6

Agree, pointless, you can spend less on mods making the 1.4 quicker than the 1.6. Filter, exhaust, Cams, polished/ported/gasflowed head and a remap. If you are defo going down the engine swap road then look at the 1.8 20VT engine as it'll give you more options for upping the power down the road...
  14. First SEAT

Nice colour, same as my MK4 Cupra 20VT, I loved the colour gone back to black with the Mk5 FR :( :lol:
  15. help needed ...if poss :-(

Go for a forge 007p recirc valve with an open cone induction kit and you'll find it's much louder, the split arse is ****, i had one a while back!
  16. Opinion please

I'd go smoothed air box and panel filter instead of induction kit. Also the car won't last the same number of miles without issues as in standard trim, obvious I know, but after reading a lot of posts on here I'd say they are pretty reliable and should be especially on a newer, low mileage...
  17. Suspension Rattles

I used to think summat was wrong with my clio suspension for this reason but learned it was just the way it was. If it feels ok when driving, could be normal.
  18. Coolant issues..

I had this on my MK4 Cupra 20VT. It was the coolant reservoir (plastic bottle). I never did anything about it, just kept it topped up. It would only require topping up once every few months though. I think it was just a poor seal on the cap maybe!
  19. Cleaning and Looking after Your Car

It's nice to see the effort people put into detailing there cars, they look awesome. I am a lazy get and a rinse, wash, rinse, dry and the occasional wax is all I bother with these days. It gets a vac and a dust once every three months lol
  20. 2011 Winter Tyres - What are you opting for?

Do they really make that much difference? I'd have thought snow chains in the boot would have been a better idea but if winter tyres are so good, i hold my hands up and should really give them a go.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.