Search results

1. Fr 150 dumping boost randomly

Just in case anyone else has the same issue, the cause was a split along the seam of the plastic boost pipe that runs from the egr to the intercooler around the front of the engine
  2. Fr 150 dumping boost randomly

Thanks Ted :) anyone else have ideas?
  3. Fr 150 dumping boost randomly

Hi all, looking for some ideas here. My 150 TDI seems to be dumping boost while cruising along. Under load it seems alright, maybe lacking power slightly but not the same symptoms as cruising. I can here it boost with a bit of a whistle then dump and repeat all while at steady throttle. Standard...
  4. Lc/LCR vs fr

Awesome reply, thanks buddy. Gives me some idea of what's interchangeable
  5. Lc/LCR vs fr

Hi all, I am returning to the fold after moving on my LCR 18 months ago for a fabia vrs. I am returning to a 55 plate Leon fr 150 and want to know how similar the underpinnings etc are too an LCR? Looking for value for money mods etc. Any useful info folks? Thanks
  6. Buying JOM Coilovers...

Or use mondeo drop links, I have on my VRS and they're fine
  7. Quattro Cupra R Mk2 Project

Can't believe I have only just come across this!! What a project!
  8. benifits of removing n249

As do I!!
  9. removing climate unit

Headunit out which exposes screws, to allow the facia to unclip, then more screws to remove the CC unit. You will see as you go, it will become clear. Remember they are torx screws!
  10. Removal of front number plate panel

Thanks Matty, didn't think of searching 'big mouth'
  11. help

Does it seem to be using too much fuel? Maybe a perished pipe!
  12. Removal of front number plate panel

Afternoon all! I have seen somewhere on here and now cant find an FAQ type write up on relocating the front number plate and creating a 'bigger' frog mouth opening by removing the part of the bumper the plate screws onto. Does anyone know who this was or where I can find the info? Thanks
  13. Torque steer

Morning all! I went and got my 225 LCR remapped yesterday to stage 1 so is now running lovely. However the torque steer is fairly bad, are there any mods to try and counteract this?
  14. Turbo issues

Haha that's cool! I have got to be honest I don't know what it is made from, you would like to hope they are metal! My mate took the picture when we were stripping it down, I didn't look at it very closely. It had cracked then in turn lost grip on the splines so was fine at low revs because it...
  15. Remap and MAF question

I will also need to change the spring in my 008 I assume?
  16. Remap and MAF question

Well it holds at 12 (ish) and will peak momentarily at 14. Its off the bottom at tickover, I know I don't have a leak, its been smoke tested etc recently by my trusted VAG man
  17. Remap and MAF question

Lol fair enough! Will see what its like after mapping then, any idea what level of boost will be at stg 1? I am currently peaking at 12psi
  18. Remap and MAF question

I have read several times about people putting them the other way around, not really sure why though?!
  19. Remap and MAF question

I must have swapped it around at some point! lol Is the general consensus to have it 'nipple up' then?
  20. Remap and MAF question

As in the way the instructions say to? With the little nipple thing to the side?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.