Search results

1. Traction control light on whilst driving after remap

Traction control has nothing to do with how much power you have, that's plain ridiculous. All that it cares about is the throttle position and how fast each of the wheels are turning. If both rear wheels are turning at 50rpm, the front left wheel is turning at 250rpm and the front right wheel is...
  2. 1.6 TDI Ecomotive MPG

I didn't think there was a DSG version of the 1.6tdi As for MPG I can easily get over 55mpg on my drive to work which is only 4 miles and a mix of 30mph and 40mph with a lot of start and stop (depending on traffic lights). On my last big run, up to London and back (before we hit the M25/etc)...
  3. Had my first proper drive of the FSI

I drove a TFSI FR, quite a bit different to a 1.6 derv, every time you accelerate in the first two gears you get a flashing light on the dash, very odd :D
  4. misted windows - revisited

Does your air conditioning work? The best way to avoid steamed up windows is to try and keep the inside of the car as dry as possible. If you jump in the car while it is raining, you are taking a lot of water into the car with you, on your shows, your clothes, your hands etc. Try your best to...
  5. Auto Dimming rear view mirror

Random fact - the auto dimming function is disabled automatically when you put the car in reverse gear :)
  6. Bulb help

First of all bear in mind you can be fined £30 for having your fog lights on if it is not foggy. Secondly the beam pattern is COMPLETELY different to your dipped headlights and they are near enough useless if you are using them in place of dipped.
  7. what does your leon do that annoys you?

Keep air conditioning on, it dehumidifies the air. I have never had a problem with windows steaming up in the rain, even with passengers. I have the small MFD and mine can show the time and temperature at the same time :)
  8. lock car without alarm

Press the lock button twice, it says this in the instruction book
  9. Blind spot mirror

Do you mean non-aspherical?
  10. Where's my Hill Hold Control?

I have it, just come to a complete stop on a uphill slope in 1st gear (or a downhill slope when in reverse), then take your foot off the brake and it will hold you for a couple of seconds or until you engage the clutch. I've got so used to using it now it's just natural, I'm not used to rolling...
  11. ESP just saying "NO!"

If it's only 1 of the front wheels spinning fast it will apply the brake on that wheel to force the other wheel to spin. This is a system that VAG calls Electronic Differential Lock (EDL), it is a part of their traction control system. If you have the button which has the picture of the car...
  12. Auto headlights need an eye test!

My auto lights are on pretty much all of the time during the winter, except at the very brightest point of the day. During the summer when it's much brighter all day, they rarely ever come on, even when going through shaded areas like under trees etc. There's a low bridge I go under every...
  13. Launch control as std :-)

My 1.6tdi has it, and if you turn the traction control off it disables it so you can rev normally
  14. Seat covers

You can get seat covers which are compatible with side airbags but you need to make sure you look for those specifically
  15. Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror

The auto dimming mirror is fantastic you just don't notice it because it does such a good job! I've turned it off before when I've had headlights shining in from behind and it does make a lot of difference
  16. what is this?

It houses the interior temperature sensor for the climate control
  17. FR wont rev above 3000rpm

Mine does it, extremely stupid feature, I have traction control and barely over 100bhp, I can't see myself accidently doing burnouts while leaving traffic lights etc.
  18. Aircon doesn't seem to switch off?

Actually you'd be surprised how fast the vent air temperature rises when you turn the A/C off, depending on the ambient temperature of course. On a warm/hot day (22c+) you can almost instantly feel the effect of it switching off. The fridge comparison is useless, a fridge will maintain its...
  19. What's the difference between TCS and ESP?

Watch the last 3 minutes of this video (should start at the right time if I got the link right): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hHWSQhKuc&feature=player_detailpage#t=395s :)
  20. What's the difference between TCS and ESP?

Plain and simply TCS (traction control system) is designed to prevent wheelspin. Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is designed to assist the driver in stabilising the car in situations where understeer and oversteer occur. TCS uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to judge when one or more wheels...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.