Search results

1. graemebillo

Cupra 300

Also. The temp gauge can also run quite hot, double check the fan is kicking in when you stop. Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  2. graemebillo

Cupra 300

Hey. I've got same year model. You may have the very well documented thermostat housing problem that plagues the 2l engines. Give it a research on the forums. Definately take it back if you got it from a garage it would likely be under warrenty if its so soon. But if they can fix it stay...
  3. graemebillo

insurance as modified vehicle

Same. With Adrian flux for past 2 years Costs went up £200 this year. To £770 Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  4. graemebillo

insurance as modified vehicle

I have my cupra with a painted roof down as modified, so I guess anything custom paintwork. If that helps. Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  5. graemebillo

Will we loose the feeling.

I agree. I think a good balance of the investment in the bio fuels, hydrogen etc. But having electric as an option if people want it. Electric for vehicles such as trucks, vans delivery type vehicles I think should be priority. Where they are in and out of city driving all day. There does...
  6. graemebillo

Will we loose the feeling.

Hi All. I'm sure may a discussion had been had around this subject, especially over the last year or so. But... I was driving home from work yesterday and was thinking about cars and the future with EV's. Aside from the general differences and eco friendly side and the arguments for and...
  7. graemebillo

Windscreen washer problem

Update on this. It went to the dealer for diags. It was definately the washer pump. They tried the fuses and tested the wiring. Luckily I had bought the seat all in one plan a month or two before out of fear of the thermostat housing issue coming back again. The had the washer pump replaced...
  8. graemebillo

That's an interesting one I did have it at the dealer a few days ago. Defo not the fuse. I also Checked that and I guess they just confirmed it. They have booked it back for a few days, hopefully on seats Dime as I have the all in one service warranty thing. But I might call back to them and...
  9. graemebillo

Ooh. Good call. Nope. I'll give that a try. Cheers Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  10. graemebillo

Hi all. Just after a little advice. Noticed a few days ago that my window washers have stopped working. Can't hear the pump going so I think it's broken. Just thought I'd check to see if there's anything abvious to look at before I start trying to book it into a garage. Also yep it has...
  11. graemebillo

The dreaded Ea888 thermostat timebomb

I wonder if one of the fourum mods could bump the post to see if we can gain a little traction with this? Maybe get it out to other members for a poll or something to see if we can get a number of affected people or something. Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  12. graemebillo

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/volkswagen-audi-defective-water-pumps-class-action-settlement/ Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  13. graemebillo

Yeah I had the same. Seat helpline seemed all nice about it but was like... Oh it's down to the dealer. Went back and forward for ages. Never got anywhere. It was so annoying as for mine as they had already replay Ed the thermostat housing under warranty but never replaced the water pump or...
  14. graemebillo

TLDR. make sure to get a new seal between the housing and water pump too. I find it mad how many people are getting caught out with this issue. Seat just literally deny there is a problem. Had mine fixed in warrenty but then had to get the whole thing done again as they only replaced the...
  15. graemebillo

Seat service discount.

Hi all. Not sure if anyone has posted this yet. Spotted on Hot UK deals that VW group have discount on their service plans. https://www.hotukdeals.com/share-deal-from-app/4026317 25% off 2 year seat service plan. Think it's about £406. Direct on website...
  16. graemebillo

The Dreaded Water Pump Problem!

Yeah same here Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  17. graemebillo

The Dreaded Water Pump Problem!

I feel your pain on this. Had my thermo housing replaced under warranty. It was the seal between the two on mine that went. The bit that annoyed me was that I went to. A garage and they phoned the dealer about the part and were told that they should buy all of the assembly Inc the water pump...
  18. graemebillo

Water Pump/ Thermostat housing

Hey. Sorry to hear about your problem. This does seem to be a common issue with these. Happened on my cupra. Mine happened under warranty and seat replaced it. But only the thermostat housing. 14 months later a seal went between the thermo housing and water pump. Seat would not help at all...
  19. graemebillo

Leon additional ambient lighting 😍

What's the cost for something like that Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk
  20. graemebillo

Cupra 300 Manual

I have had my cupra 300 auto for about 4 years. 33000k miles 67 plate. Lovely car, definitely makes you smile to drive. I'm sure everyone would agree. One thing to look out for is the water pump and thermostat housing, this has had to be replaced on mine after only 28k miles It seems to be a...