Search results

1. Seatmann

Can’t drive due to code and engine shutting down

Not sure on that one but the previous model it was under the carpet behind the drivers seat, black access panel held on with a few screws. Be worth a google though as there's mention of a fuel pressure sensor and also possible chain stretch on petrols.
  2. Seatmann

PD150 hybrid "lag/hesitation??" I don't know...

Haha its the stupid little things, happy days though lol
  3. Seatmann

My impeller hadn't hit the housing so was able to rebuild it, got the parts from turbo rebuild. Worked a treat
  4. Seatmann

Some oil in the boost pipes is normal, comes from the ccv but if it's a lot then yeh, pooped lol
  5. Seatmann

Maf maybe? Even without throwing a fault code they can cause random power issues. One off any PD150 should fit straight on to try
  6. Seatmann

Seat Leon Mk1 TDI 110 Power Increase Help

The injectors are pricey but they're the biggest part of your power increase, you want decent quality properly fitted for the best results. Your stock are good for maybe 145/150 tops. I was £300 for a set of nozzles fitted and set up ready to fit, went with bosio PP764 but they're not big enough...
  7. Seatmann

Seat Leon Mk1 TDI 110 Power Increase Help

150 turbo bolts straight on, you can clock the outlet to suit too. Could fit the intake and boost pipes, intercooler too and air intake and maf. You'll obviously need bigger injector nozzles but not sure what size off hand. United diesel and dark side developments used to do nozzles...
  8. Seatmann

Vinyl/rubber steering wheel repair

Anyone had any luck with one of those repair kits off Ebay or that for making your steering wheel look good again? Just seeing if I can improve this one. Cheers
  9. Seatmann

Wooing noise when changing gears

You're hearing the turbo I expect, some people fit a straight through exhaust to make it louder. It's a normal sound though.
  10. Seatmann

My 1st alhambra

New brake discs and pads arrived today, trw of course, not keen on cheap rubbish when you have to stop in a hurry
  11. Seatmann

Mk1 seat Leon won't start after new sump

Probably not, just some stupid simple hard to pin point sort of thing lol
  12. Seatmann

Nah doubt it, belt is driven by the crank still so shouldn't matter. Timing could be out but you need vagcom/vcds to check it.
  13. Seatmann

Down the front, gear box end
  14. Seatmann

Yeh or borrow some, I've never bought them cause i couldn't justify it but i keep a towing bar in the boot lol You could charge the battery overnight too
  15. Seatmann

Need really good quality jump leads to get enough poke to get it really cranking I find. But they can be bizarre, I reckon your engine is a PD, they're even fussier lol
  16. Seatmann

Yeh the oil warning is just because of the long cranking I reckin, a red herring lol. You could pop a boost pipe off a give a little squirt of easy start or that. It should then fire briefly. I actually read that fixed somebodies car with the same problem lol
  17. Seatmann

Does the oil warning come on after cranking for a bit or straight away?
  18. Seatmann

Is the glow plug coming on with the ignition as normal?
  19. Seatmann

If it has a level sensor it's in the bottom of the sump, you would've had to unplug it to get the sump off so it maybe doesn't have one. But then why would it say there's not oil? This gets weirder lol Is it the ALH or ASV engine? Or is it a bit newer with a PD lump?
  20. Seatmann

Strange breathing noise

I've got the 2L TDI PD140 Alhambra and it makes a breathy noise as the boost climbs, goes quieter once its passed the initial surge. Personally I'm wondering about a possible heat shield maybe vibrating slightly at a certain point. Might be worth checking too. I'm thinking resonance noises...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.