Search results

1. Vipers_Venom

noisy, screechy LCR

Hmmm......Looks like a warranty claim is in order!! ;)
  2. Vipers_Venom

noisy, screechy LCR

After doing a search on the forum, it could even be the Alternator pulley bearing.
  3. Vipers_Venom

noisy, screechy LCR

I am getting a similar screeching noise when moving off when the car is cold. It gets very faint as the car warms up. Am thinking its the Alternator belt, so will be having it replaced in the coming weeks. The car had its Cambelt and tensioners changed in March this year. As for the carbon...
  4. Vipers_Venom

Help - First Gear Judder

Yep, the temp was fine on the dash, so looks like it was the ECU signal at fault. Glad its sorted now though.
  5. Vipers_Venom

Help - First Gear Judder

Update - Gotta love these engines - Before leaving work, I gave the sensor a wiggle and hey presto no more juddering! Likely cause - WITCHCRAFT.
  6. Vipers_Venom

Help - First Gear Judder

Hi, Was driving home yesterday and the Engine management light came on. Got VAG COM out and it appeared to be a Engine Coolant Temp Sensor fault. So, went to Eurocarparts just before they closed and bought a replacement. Fitted it (green one instead of the OEM black one), and now i'm...
  7. Vipers_Venom

Kat's Leon Cupra - Front End Resprayed

Cheers. Will get myself some of the polish. have got some Carlack 68 and Collinite 476s so will use that afterwards. If it ever stops raining!! :(
  8. Vipers_Venom

Kat's Leon Cupra - Front End Resprayed

Looking very impressive. :thumbup: What polish did you use to get such a good finish?
  9. Vipers_Venom

How does a Civic Type R compare to a mk1 LC?

LOL - That pic just says it all - Quality!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  10. Vipers_Venom

Spark plugs

Great stuff. Amazing what a big difference it can make! Dont think i've noticed any change in mpg
  11. Vipers_Venom

Spark plugs

I recently changed my spark plugs and coil packs, and it made the engine idling a lot smoother. I went for NGK Platinum.
  12. Vipers_Venom

LCR 210 vs 225

Guys, I dont think its missing.....If you look very closely, there is a piece of plastic sitting just below the port (upper left part of the gearknob)......Looks like they took it off for something.
  13. Vipers_Venom

LCR 210 vs 225

Hello Mate... Have a look at this post - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115851 Cheers.
  14. Vipers_Venom

thinking of getting a cupra

Hello mate, I'm on my second FR. Previously had a Yellow FR, and a Silver Cupra before that. I doubt you will find anything better for your bucks. Engine's are a little gem, if taken care of and maintained properly. Power delivery is very smooth and all in all the car wont let you down...
  15. Vipers_Venom

how many miles has everybody done??

49k on a '05' plate FR 1.8T Have recently noticed a rattle in the engine when pulling away in first. Sounds a bit like a bird tweeting. Quietens whe car is warm and has been driven, but is still there. :(
  16. Vipers_Venom

COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

Hello, Yes, i have the USB Vag Com cable.
  17. Vipers_Venom

COOL remote windows feature available now!!!

I did this on the weekend. Worked first time! Lappy has Win 7 64Bit. Had to download some FTDI USB to Serial drivers though.
  18. Vipers_Venom

have just bought my first leon......

Welcome Mate. Lovely colour....Had a Yellow FR myself a while back. Regret selling it for a dam Ford!! Now back to a Lovely Leon :)
  19. Vipers_Venom

New tyres time

Hello Suggest you take a look at the following website before committing to a purchase - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ Also the following website is sometimes cheaper than Camskill - http://www.allnewtyres.co.uk/index.asp cheers.
  20. Vipers_Venom

GlanzaV - My VAG History (the abridged version)

Very nice motors mate. Particularly like the Black Ibiza and the LCR. Tough question though - To Mod or not to Mod ;)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.