Search results

1. PompeyPete

TDI Problem

Dawesy, I did have a leak of oil at christmas, but my mate discovered that was the rocker cover not being tightened correctly by a garage...!! Since then though, nothing. I am confused..!!
  2. PompeyPete

Altea FR- fumes in car

Turbo clip Hi Mate, I had the same thing in mine it turned out to be a faulty TURBO CLIP located under silver gauze at the top of the engine bay (by Windscreen) pop the bonnet and start the car. if you see a black puff of smoke and it stinks particulary at idle/standstill then you might have...
  3. PompeyPete

TDI Problem

Oil smell and strange noise Hi, If i work my car hard sometimes i have a similar smell as well as a noise when you rev at the point when you remove your foot from the accelerater (similar to a "Buurb") any ideas or can you tell me more about the possible easy fix with the turbo..? Thanks, Peter.
  4. PompeyPete

Leon 18" wheels for winter

15 Inch Steels + Winter tyres. Hi All, Does anyone know if i can run 15 Inch Steel wheels on my 2007 (1P) Leon FR...? The reason i ask is that i am posted to Germany in Oct this year and it is now LAW in Germany to have winter tyres on!! I would be interested in straight swap tyres to go on my...
  5. PompeyPete

tdi smokey/ rattle on start up

Hi, Just wondered if anyone could help me with a small issue...I recently drove about 30 miles (mainly motorway) and when i arrived at my destination there was smoke coming from under the bonnet[:@], behind the engine block at the turbo/exhaust bit. I did have a problem at christmas when my mate...
  6. PompeyPete

Vagcom

Vag com- "DH Gate" is a good place!! DH Gate is where i got mine with 10.6 software......£22 all in and will work a treat no doubt when i actually know what the F@ck i'm doing with it...!!:blink:
  7. PompeyPete

Honeycomb Grill Fitted (+ fitting guide pics)

Leon Grill Baggy, Trust me when i say that i was nervous when removing it as i did not want to explain to the wife that i had ..err.....broke it!! But as long as you have removed the 2 lugs at the top (£.41 Pence each...!) then grab the grill evenly through the front bars at the sides and...
  8. PompeyPete

GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

Vag Com 10.6...!!...help..!!! Hi Guys, I have recently purchased the above cable and software from DH Gate....Plugged it in tonight for the first time....and i can't understand what i'm doing wrong. I can see all of the usual stuff like centr elec/conv e.t.c but cant work out how to change...
  9. PompeyPete

Vag Com 10.6...!! Hi all, Just to let you know that i have just recieved my VAG COM 10.6 Disk and cable.......:clap: Happy to lend a hand to anyone who needs it, although i feel i may need a hand using it myself...!!!:doh:
  10. PompeyPete

Turbo noise after throttle release..?

Greetings Loved ones..! Can any one shed any light on a noise that sounds like it may well be coming from the Turbo when you take your foot off of the accelerator pedal. The noise reminds me of the "Haaaaaaaugh" that Darth Vader makes in Star Wars!! Lol (only way i could describe it!!) I think...
  11. PompeyPete

Honeycomb Grill Fitted (+ fitting guide pics)

Looks good!! Now, so does mine!!! Cheers for the pic's.....How i do any tasks best :-)
  12. PompeyPete

Dip stick oil level

On the "Using Oil" front.....I think i may have a drama...:(! I parked on my mums drive tonight and as i pulled away i noticed some fresh oil on the drive....I then went to my brothers and pulled away and guess what....even more this time...:cry:???? + strong smell of burning oil. Can anyone...
  13. PompeyPete

Oil Leak on Tdi FR

Can anyone help, I have just discovered for the first time 5 or 6 blobs of oil on the drive and a strong smell of burning oil as I pulled up to Park it. It did have a new clip around the turbo a while ago and I noticed a couple of days ago that the oil is quite low. Any suggestions would be...
  14. PompeyPete

Starting, or barely, in the Cold. (CR)

I am inclined to agree...although it has started slightly better these last few days but that is due to the natural increase in temperature, so maybe i have a similar issue. I'll let you know as soon as i get the Vag Com Nath....Investigate we will..!!! I have recently started to use the...
  15. PompeyPete

All DPF Owners

:confused:Not wanting to sound like a "Party Pooper" but i have had my Mk 2 Leon TDI FR since October of this year and so far touch wood, I have NEVER had my light on. I dont know why, as sometimes i'm a lazy git and take my car to work and back which is less than 1 mile each way..! The only...
  16. PompeyPete

'57 TDi 170 FR Mods, Tips, Help etc

The Chip i have just ordered is from "Tdi Tuning" who i spoke to at great lengths in order to make sure i was getting the right one for the Pump Duse rather than the FL model which is a CR diesel. I have been told a thousand times by them that if it does not do what i says on the tin to simply...
  17. PompeyPete

'57 TDi 170 FR Mods, Tips, Help etc

Hi Slicky, Welcome..! Nice choice with the FR TDI: Speed practicality and er...economy when not booting it..;-) Lets start with DPF: I drive less than 1 mile a day and i have owned what is now my second FR with no issues whatsoever regrding the DPF clogging. Secondly Tyres: Bridgestone...
  18. PompeyPete

Should i buy an FR TDI 170

DPF : Not an issue..! Hi. Don't pay too much attention to the "Horror Stories" you may hear about the DPF as they aren't always true. I have had my 2nd TDI FR now since October and travel less than 1 mile each day to work.....!!.......Guess what, i have never once seen the DPF light come on...
  19. PompeyPete

Hi Guys, Please can someone tell me if i have ordered the correct cable...? There are lots on here but they are from old posts, so of course i expect there to have been updates over time. Anyway the one i have just ordered comes with the following description: super 2010 HEX USB CAN VAG 10. 6...
  20. PompeyPete

Leon 1P Vag-Com Cable ** Canbus OBD Diagnostics**

Damo, Which one from my link do i need please. Thanks, Peter