Search results

1. Overcast then limp mode...

I'm gonna get myself a boost leak tester. Be a good investment anyway as I imagine I'll have more turbo cars in the future
  2. Overcast then limp mode...

Only just realised the title says overcast instead of overboots :lol:
  3. Overcast then limp mode...

Thanks for the advice. I think I might just get myself a boost leak tester, been putting it off for too long. Can buy them for about £35 so could just sell it on afterwards I guess. I'll give that a go. Could it be a fault with my N75 valve? I've got a mate with an S3 225 BAM, so could borrow...
  4. Overcast then limp mode...

Bump, anyone?
  5. Overcast then limp mode...

Hello! Got an LCR, completely standard engine wise. It's had a problem for a while, intermittently, where it'll drop into limp mode. I've put my boost gauge back on and have noticed that it exceeds the 10/11PSI standard boost, pulls like a mapped Leon, then drops into limp mode, so...
  6. Absolutely puzzled, overheating

Is the thermostat in the correct way? I made this mistake...put it in the wrong way around, and anytime I put my foot down or went over about 50mph, it would start creeping past 90.
  7. golf r

Lovely cars to drive the Golf R's, fantastic in the wet too given the 4WD! I get to drive one every weekend as my friend has one, but I don't have to pay for it...winner :P
  8. cuts out at junctions in neutral

Stop-start? :lol:
  9. central locking gone weird!!

You are double pressing the button right? First press opens the drivers door, second press opens the other doors.
  10. cupra r 225 traction

I've got budgets (they were on it when I bought it) and they're dangerous in the wet! Thankfully the LCR isn't my daily any more so it's not too bad, but I'd recommend getting your tyres changed. They're the only 4 points of the car that are in contact with the road, so IMO they're the most...
  11. Boost issues

I'm still running the OEM DV, so I guess it is 11years old...would make sense that it's got a bit tired. I'll try get hold of one & do a boost leak test. Not wanting to spend much on it really as I've got a company car coming at the end of the week, just trying to sort a few niggles before I...
  12. Boost issues

Hello! Been having boost problems for a little while, very intermittently. The problem had disappeared for a couple of months, but today it returned. When giving the car some beans, it drops me into limp mode and gives me the error 17963 - charge pressure:maximum limit exceeded. Having...
  13. Overheating after changing thermostat

Totally forgot both times when changing the stat. Whoops! I don't think the head gasket has gone - even if it had I don't think it would cause such dramatic overheating anyway?
  14. Overheating after changing thermostat

So to update this, I've bought another thermostat and whilst it isn't quite as bad as the other one, the car still over heats when I put my foot down. Any ideas? I put the thermostat in boiling water, and it opened as it should do, so I'm guessing the thermostat is fine...it has 88degrees...
  15. Overheating after changing thermostat

I'll check that when I adjust the stat...today hopefully if the weather breaks! When pushing on it does, I can't really put my foot down at all otherwise the temp starts rising. When sat in traffic it doesn't seem to move, just sits at 90 which is very confusing. I'll check that after...
  16. Overheating after changing thermostat

Hot air is definitely hot, and the temperature of it goes up in relation to the coolant temp. My situation is definitely thermostat related.
  17. Overheating after changing thermostat

I'll just twist it round for now and see if that fixes it. The car is still driveable (just about) so that's all I'm bothered about. I think I've got a decent knack for getting the thermostat housing off so should be able to get it done pretty swiftly.
  18. Overheating after changing thermostat

Yeah I used VW spec stuff, G12+. I didn't realise it had to be completely vertical. Maybe that's my issue then, and that's why it seems to be so random? Bit annoying I'll have to take everything off again just to check it's vertical :lol:
  19. Overheating after changing thermostat

So I've had the temp gauge indicating about 80degrees for a while now whilst driving normally, but that would go up to 90 degrees in traffic, or on a spirited drive. Obviously, the two culprits are temp sensor, and thermostat. I changed the temp sensor two weeks ago, and although I...
  20. 630+ miles to a tank - LCR

I understand that from time to time it's good to see what the car's capable of in terms of MPG - I had a relatively relaxing 40 miles drive home yesterday that consisted of 70% motorway and 30% A roads, and I achieved 38MPG on the trip computer. But if MPG was that much of an issue I'd have...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.