Search results

1. welly.

Audi S3 IHI PE1820 build.

I did pass by eventually.... The PE was definitely a slow old girl to get going, BUT this is a symptom of only running it on a 1.8 engine with a large tubular manifold IMHO. Bigger displacement would have given better lower down oomph. On the road, the drive was very different. As Bill...
  2. welly.

Sfs performance 3" Tip

I think that, over time, the results will prove themselves. It really is as simple as that. Currently, it's a new product and everyone is getting hung up on one dyno run, with no real supporting data, during which there were clearly different environmental factors. Doesn't make for good...
  3. welly.

Another long night spent in the garage last night, however it did bear some fruit.... It's done - a few odds and sods aside at least. Awaiting delivery of a few pipes and fittings, however, the bulk of the work is now completed. Usual stuff done last night, timed the engine, fitted the timing...
  4. welly.

No need mate - there is clearance there so why mate it more difficult than it need to be? The ABS pipework will all still be there anyway. Thanks for the suggestion though. :thumbup:
  5. welly.

OK, so had a night on it tonight. Initially concerned that the turbo oil return hose was a little short - however it turned out to be fine. Many thanks to Bill for grabbing them for me today :). So... here they are: Score. Total cost of £136.96 wasn't the cheapest, however they are made...
  6. welly.

Another milestone on the road to completion yesterday - the head. I'm a bit nervous of the 20V heads due to their tightness on the inlet side, so enlisted the help of a friend who has got some reasonable experience with them.... Tufftybloke! All his work on the head, stem seals and cam seals...
  7. welly.

A few bits ordered arrived through the post today - turbo hoses and a few other odds and ends. The inlet manifold is finished, rocker cover repainted, turbo hoses trimmed and fitted, throttle body ported. Awaiting a few bits now and I can start putting it all back together... Some photos:
  8. welly.

Good progress yesterday - a day off (with a few errands to run as well) an the lovely weather made me crack on. Did my most hated of jobs - removed the engine mount, reset the tensioner and installed the new cam belt. Thank god that's out of the way! Started off by taking some comparison...
  9. welly.

A few people on ASN have them - not something that has ever interested me really, and especially not at that cost when the OEM gear is ample IMO. Some people do swear by them. I'd rather spend that money on an SEM manifold.... lol
  10. welly.

Ah, OK. No, not planning on doing an Haldex controller upgrades at all. I don't really see the need for it to be honest - the OEM Haldex controller is perfectly suitable.
  11. welly.

Hello Ted - I didn't know you were on here! I didn't realise that was you the other day on the 38.
  12. welly.

More photos - chronological order.
  13. welly.

I have been running a CR Hybrid K04 for several months now in various atges of tune, from the original after fitment power of ~300 BHP on OEM manifold, through to 340 BHP+ on a tubular stainless K04 Manifold with water meth. I have now decided that, as the hybrid project has come to an end...
  14. welly.

valve in actuator pipe

Not sure with the twin port actuators, however under normal circumstances, the N75 would push the actuator open using boost pressure. I would imagine the same principle applies.
  15. welly.

valve in actuator pipe

Doesn't sound right to me.... Should be just a vac hose from the N75 to the actuator I would think.
  16. welly.

Forge 007p

Potentially - even though Forge say they can be run this way, I'm not sure it's advisable. I used to run mine in reverse but packed it in and turned it back round.
  17. welly.

Ko3 hybrid where to go?

The 03/04 hybrids tend to flow more than the stock K04 equipped cars. Average g/s flow seems to be in the 220/230 region, which is more than an average mapped K04 car at around 200/210. The reason being the K03 manifold flows much better than it's K04 equivalent. 260 is reasonably...
  18. welly.

Forge 007p

Not convinced about running these in reverse - higher boost applications can potentially push the piston back and force the DV open. No other adverse affects AFAIK.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise