Search results

1. mister.c.

Help Needed With Colour Choice - 5 Door Cupra 300

Stick to mystery blue BH!
  2. mister.c.

what have you done to your car today ?

We have agreed, with a heavy heart to sell our Mk1 Cupra 52 plate, to my brother in law for a nominal fee. 142k miles, and it will go to him at the end of the month. We have had the car since 24/09/2002 and it still runs very well. It had a near death experience in December 2014 but we rode...
  3. mister.c.

Selling a nearly new car?

Are you thinking different in the new year? Or is it operation get rid!
  4. mister.c.

Its par of the course with these threads for you to attract an insight from some, more of their inability to interact with others, and consider anything other than their own insecurities. But I've found, over all these years SCN folk are outstanding peeps, who are so infrequently warriors...
  5. mister.c.

12 years, just got to 140k miles, and then a prang..(now saved from the scrapyard!)

Thanks Mark - to avoid any potential issues then I think I'll ask the garage to take it there (its only 2 miles away) though I have to be there at the time of inspection. Insurance now say all they need is a valid MOT which I have For anyone else in the same boat reading this, you may...
  6. mister.c.

My mistake in transposing information from the first post where it said FWD. I should have said no wheel drive. Thanks.
  7. mister.c.

12 years, just got to 140k miles, and then a prang..(now saved from the scrapyard!)

Heard back from the VIC folk - this Thursday. I've been ill the last day so not spoken to the garage repairing today but understand it should be fixed. So fingers and all sorts of stuff crossed..
  8. mister.c.

I think its pretty clear from the thread. He thought it would grip. Corner entry is daunting in his car. He thought the 4 wheel drive would be more effective, esp in the rain. He thought the MPG would be far nearer to advertised. He thought the steering would be better. The test drive didn't...
  9. mister.c.

I suppose it all pretty simple in the scheme of things. And fair play for saying it out loud. Many wouldn't admit as such. You bought a car you don't 100% like for various reasons. Mainly in part due to you not doing your research fully. Not that you have bought a poor one. And likewise you've...
  10. mister.c.

I would try the dealer for starters. They may be the best place to mimimise your loss. Not knowing exactly what you will change it for, I'm not sure if hanging onto it for px for the next car would be an option. I'm not sure how good Autotrader would be, or what the second hand market would...
  11. mister.c.

Just got a 55 plate leon tdi 150 Jabba sport tuned to break need advice plzz

I would suggest (if you have not done so already) to invest at least a couple of hours or more on Ebay. My car almost got written off. I did said research and saw pricing for a number of parts on ebay - bumpers, panels, all sorts. Front bumper ranged from £70 - £100 if I recall. But they...
  12. mister.c.

Written off received and accepted. Vehicle taken this afternoon by repairing garage. Will speak with Gvmt about VIC tomorrow. Read up on that https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-identity-check/overview Insurance say I need a valid MOT alongside the VIC. I said I have a valid MOT. They say I need a new...
  13. mister.c.

Cheers Yes - I have done. Awaiting in writing a verbal offer of £1400 which I intend accepting. It was the 30 minutes of preambling and battling to get a decent offer which I found tiresome. But I guess those are the terms of engagement in the insurance industry. I'm glad I was prepared and...
  14. mister.c.

Well everyday is a school day, when dealing with the insurance industry. I was offered £1013. Apparently they use Glasses Guide. And the above Glasses guide information I got is in no way applicable to their Glasses Guide information. In true car industry style, they lived up to being able to...
  15. mister.c.

Still awaiting the insurance folk, which should be Monday or Tuesday. Has anyone got any views/thoughts on what a 140k good nick FSH Cupra 52 plate value would be valued at? I mean to my satisfaction, as opposed to what the Insurance Company might think! Glass' free guide, not adjusted...
  16. mister.c.

Much obliged Ross. I can understand the basis on how Insurance companies cost things and how that differs to our expectations! Appreciate your thoughts. The non insurance repairer has come back with a price similar to yours - a little lower but it may end up at that if one or two other things...
  17. mister.c.

The insurance garage (as you would expect) knows other local repair outfits. Who, of course know, it is worth their while to have a professional relationship with the insurance garage. I imagine an amount of work goes their way, and why not, given the nature of the costs in the Insurance world...
  18. mister.c.

Good point - I'll see if they can tell me what definitely needs doing to get it on the road, and what doesn't need doing. Its a Cat C so it will need an MOT and I need to find out what else. Also want to grasp any issues with it being a Category C should I want to sell it in years to come. In...
  19. mister.c.

Thanks for that - I had a quick look last night and couldn't see any bumpers on ebay that fitted the bill. But I'll have another look and also look for full vehicles being broken before the weekend.
  20. mister.c.

Thanks for your thoughts. it has been classed as a write off. £2.2k of damage. Managed to stop it going to the salvage folk who were coming for it tomorrow. So have some thinking time. But doing anything to do with cars more than the absolute basics of adding oil is beyond me, believe me. So...