Search results

1. CH1

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

very nice Which derivative is this? I had a loan car last week a 2018 Reg Leon FR in white with same black wheels and rear tints, it was a 1.8TFSI but I'm unsure what power mine was. What is yours? Looks good.
  2. CH1

My new MK1 Leon

Welcome to the Club! Mk 1 Leon's a great car, had mine almost 12 Years its that good! Nothing nowadays seems to compare... almost all new cars are so similar with mod cons that you hardly feel you're driving the thing! Enjoy!
  3. CH1

Car Brand loyalty - do you have it?

was reading through this of last month.... as the last 12-13 years been loyal to the Seat brand, my current and last Seat is still the Mk1 Seat Leon. But fancied something different to Seat and its been so hard looking at the current modern automatic cars; they all seem the same. Prior to...
  4. CH1

Which TYRES 225/45/17

5 years on... (and this thread) this car still going strong! Just my tyres are worn again..this time all 4, any suggestions? Although I've had the Good Year Assymetric 1 Or is it Assymetric 2's now? Thinking of trying something different...didn't like the Hankooks that I tried once How do...
  5. CH1

Brake Pads Rear -, Bosch, Delphi Pagid, etc

Bosch or Delphi? Thanks for replies. I have eliminated Blue Print (and amended my original title as understand its not Blue Point maybe the fitter sent me wrong info. ) I have now found another garage who can supply any make of pads/discs. Any preference between Bosch or Delphi...
  6. CH1

Thanks, yeah I know its front whl drive so my thinking was whenever the fronts go I'd replace them with the same compound (make) I choose in the rears. Really strange about Blue Point..only place I can see them on is Ebay..no where else... but local fitter whos recommending them says their...
  7. CH1

Firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR Guys!! First Day of 2015 and I'm thinking about my baby still working beautifully after over 9 years.... He needs some rear brake pads and discs any recommendations? A local dealer can fit me Paid or Blue Point atm...heard of Pagid, but not Blue Point...
  8. CH1

whooshing air sound Mk 1 petrol

I think it was stiff but had ease of movement too when pushed.. but I didn't test it myself
  9. CH1

Finally with a mates help found the dump valve last night :) (thanks tramapat for the guide). It was dark and raining by the time we got to it...once open it was perfectly clean, all seals ad pipes were intact and didn't look like there were any leaks. The piston was moving up and down with...
  10. CH1

Thanks traumapat. Yes, car pulls away ok from idle. Just when accelerating working up gears theres the whooshing sound and I feel loss of pressure and power is not enough, turbo lag, but I never used to have this problem it's been fine for 6 years without servicing the dump valve.
  11. CH1

The Dark Night

Looks mean!! Love it. Is it lowered? I don't know what it is about the Mark 1 Cupras and FR's they look so much more aggressive than the newer models which to me atm look so similar to many other moulds of new cars out atm..
  12. CH1

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Thanks, I better look for a Used one that someone's already kitted the car out with...but still happy with my old Seat (Mark 1) for time being...but maybe time to change before it becomes 10 years old! Thanks
  13. CH1

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Do any of the new Leon FR's or Cupra's come with side skirts or a body kit? like the old FR's or Cupra's?
  14. CH1

Thanks for the internet guide. I've ordered a service kit from Forge Motorsport (took 2 days to come) Can anyone tell me where the dump valve is located in the engine?? Is it under the hoses, do I need to unscrew hoses? --------------- Car had major service last week on way back...
  15. CH1

I'm still struggling with this.. been so busy that not had time to sort it, so going to order a 007P service kit from Forge £14.29. Can anyone help/fit this for me? I'm not familar doing it myself. I am willing to pay for the time, but some local tuning garages are quoting ridiculous prices...
  16. CH1

No the dump valve hasn't been serviced. It was checked 2 yeas after fitting by Forge and was found to be ok, but not since. Is this something I can do myself (sorry not familar with it) or would a Seat garage check for me as its due its service soon..
  17. CH1

No, I don't..unless anyone in (uk) Leicestershire does.. (pm me) Its been on a while more than 5 years..had it fitted a few years ago at GTI (Inters) by Forge The sound doesn't stay forever just when upshifting and accelerating.
  18. CH1

Thanks for reply. No don't have an open cone. Only thing thats modified is I have a Forge dump valve as this was considered better than the standard and Revo Stage 1. Nice car btw nd-photo-nl.
  19. CH1

I wonder if anyone has heard like a whooshing sound when accelerating working upshifting through gears? Its like some air is escaping from dump valve or nozzles, don't know... well that's what it sounds like. It's due for a service soon but just for them to diagnose it during a service they...
  20. CH1

Leon/Toledo HID Headlamp Guide/FAQ

Well this HID kit is still serving me well after all these years, Question: which bulb can I buy that will match the white light of the Hid's as below What size bulb is it called? (forgot!) any makes suggested and any photos on the colour of light? Thanks
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise