Search results

1. qifop

LPG conversion

Im not looking into because of a shortage of oil specifically. The potentially savings (even if my car has 1/2 decent mpg). The way petrol prices are on the increase LPG is not to be smirked at (until the government wack aload of tax on it!)
  2. qifop

LPG conversion

With the impending doom and gloom of rising petrol costs and shortages of fuel I am looking seriously into converting my car to LPG. Anyone else done this as yet? Also does anyone know if the SEAT 1.4 100bhp engine has a plastic or metal inlet manifold because I am told it costs a fair bit...
  3. qifop

service light

Spanner came on before mine needed service. Word OIL did not though. However few months previous I did have OIL come on. This was when engine was low on OIL and had to get dealer to reset the fault after it was topped up. Use the seach function
  4. qifop

Calling all 1.4 Owners!!!

1.4 sport here (100ps version)
  5. qifop

MK4 Ibiza Cupra Head Unit Removal

I used credit card. Dont need any ISO adapters however you will need to swap the 12v feed and ignition feed over (most aftermarket stereo's come with bullet connectors on these to easily swap it as common). An adapter for powered aerial amplifer will also be required. About £5 from halfords at a...
  6. qifop

Ibiza Side Light Bulbs

Remove the 2 screws then pull like hell. They are really tight. Like the front bulbs, once in and out a few times they soon loosen up a bit...like most things in life.... :)
  7. qifop

Twin Headlamps

£120 for the pair? I have one that has got scratched quite badly. Would a replacement only be around the £60 mark then? Thought it'd be more for some reason.
  8. qifop

Auto Un-Lock Question

Yup and the hazard lights switch themselves on.
  9. qifop

Tools for removing Aura Cd Unit

I cut up a credit card and stuck them in. Did the trick. Otherwise Halfords monkeys are usually quite helpful.
  10. qifop

Ibiza/Cordoba 2005 restyling?????

I agree its nice having something slightly different. Yea its a Polo underneath but for the cash I spent I doubt a Polo of the same year would have had aircon, let alone climate control, ABS, TCS, disk brakes all round, metallic paint, trip computer, electrics not forgetting the lovely...
  11. qifop

Door card removal guide...done in 2 minutes!

What about the rear on a 3 door?
  12. qifop

esp/tcs

Usually features like that actually perform worse in the snow because they work on the basis of there being at least some grip. I know ABS makes your stopping distances dramatically longer in snow/extreme ice conditions as the build up of snow in front of a locked wheel slows you quicker.
  13. qifop

esp/tcs

Who really cares anyway? heh. I prefer to drive the car myself so have the TCS off all the time. Pain in the backside though, does anyone know if VAG.COM can set the TCS to be off when you start the car? I drive a Passat quite often and although I'm sure ESP is a valuable safety tool, it more...
  14. qifop

Mk4 Ibiza 1.4 Sport (100bhp) Induction?

They only appear to be for the 1.2 on that "green site"?
  15. qifop

Only guessing but I would think the 100ps version airbox is different to the 75ps. Sounds like it has an induction kit on it already? Maybe thats how they squeezed the extra 25 horses along with a few other tricks?? Talking of airbox's, mine doesnt seem to have one. Under the engine cover...
  16. qifop

Hi Guys, Searched through forums but cannot see anything. Has anyone fitted induction kit to this car. I know they didnt make all that many of them and presumably its already tuned somewhat to get the extra bhp over the std 1.4 but is it possible and what kit do I need, oh and where the hell...
  17. qifop

Anyone got heated washer jets ?

Bodge it and wire them to heated mirrors?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise