Search results

1. GrayT

Empty Slot in Boot Tool Kit

Very slightly off topic I would swap that kit out for the spacesaver wheel kit. I never trust tyre weld. There is still room to retain the compressor and store it in the tyre recess area.
  2. GrayT

Speeding !!!!!!!!

If you were only going at that speed for 20 seconds I don't see how he could have got an adequate timer on you. He would have been going a max of 60. He has reaction time to you going past and then he has to check it is safe for him to manoeuvre out and then accelerate by which time you would...
  3. GrayT

Hose/Spray Symbol On Scuttle Panel

Ok. I stand corrected. I think my symbol isn’t in the corner like that. I didn’t notice the strike through when I looked. I guess it’s like a no entry type symbol but I would have thought an angle or a cross would be better if it’s that essential but I was just curious. Given all the dead leaves...
  4. GrayT

Thanks for the reply. Not sure the answer was quite as obvious as your lol implied as I would have thought it would be better to have a hose symbol crossed through rather than one with no cross?! If that's the case it's presumably because it's near the ECU. The ECU on my A4 was positioned low...
  5. GrayT

On the perforated section of the bulkhead scuttle panel to the rear left of the engine bay (as looking at the car from the front - so I mean the drivers side), there's a hose symbol with a water spray pattern embossed on the plastic. What does this denote? I don't think the cover provides access...
  6. GrayT

Sat Nav Problem

If you bought from a dealer or used car place they should source one at their expense. This happened to me. At first they provided me with a replacement card that had no codes and it didn't work. They then sourced a brand new card from Seat complete with the various codes required. This still...
  7. GrayT

Foot rest cover

I would really like one for my right hand drive dsg. I haven't even bought a set for the brake and accelerator pedals yet as I want to know i can get the dead pedal too. Given the rest of the kit I'm surprised SEAT didn't supply these as standard given the sports appeal. I made a custom dead...
  8. GrayT

buying a Mk3... but which one?!

The 1.4 ACT is extremely versatile and does very well with economy. Coming from a 2.3 litre Mazda mps I do notice it running out of legs and lacking the oomph at overtaking speeds but it's not too bad. You really wouldn't think it's a 1.4. People make a lot of it not having the bigger brakes...
  9. GrayT

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I plastipped the front orange reflectors on my Mazda 6 mps (they were just that - reflectors not indicators). Only had 3 coats and being at the front would have been prone to weather and grit. I also had occasional roller washes and plenty of jet washes. Good as new after 5 years. It's a very...
  10. GrayT

Annoying Rattle / Clicking from Rear (Interior)

I have similar. Sounds like it’s from the offside on mine. I have an SC. Wondering if it might be where the split/fold seat catch is but I’m going to have to get my Mrs to drive some time while I try to narrow it down! On mine I think it’s worse from cold as I only notice it in the first couple...
  11. GrayT

Chip to alloys, unlucky or bad quality finish?

In fact looking at that first chip again I would use a little alloy wheel filler before the touch up.
  12. GrayT

Chip to alloys, unlucky or bad quality finish?

Yeah I think you've been unlucky. Mine are two years old and still mint - not the slightest mark. I agree this wasn't caused by pressure washer but it's never good to use a pressure washer on full strength on alloys or accidentally on tyres. I find citrus wheel cleaners pretty good and wax...
  13. GrayT

What alloys are you running?

Yeah and what looks good on the screen or on the page doesn't always look best on the car. It's always good to see examples. I'm partial but I do think the oem performance alloys are some is one of the best suited designs I've seen a manufacturer come up with. When I was sourcing a used FR I...
  14. GrayT

Has anyone got the SEAT space saver spare wheel kit?

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a feeling the 18" is intended for the cupra but I don't see it having any downsides on other models. As you say though Steve if I have a space saver is on speed should be restricted to 50 and I would be taking corners slower so I don't see an issue with 16's...
  15. GrayT

Has anyone got the SEAT space saver spare wheel kit?

My used 1.4 ACT FR came with 18" performance alloys, although I know some have 17's or 16's. My question is - is the rolling radius of the 18" spare the same as the 16" spare but the 18" just has lower profile tyres? I'm guessing the 18" space saver is really designed to fit over the bigger...
  16. GrayT

Changing color of footwell lights.

Does using a red sharpie result in a true red glow or does it result in pinkish light? I quite like low level ambient light in the footwell - there's more distraction on the media system. I wish you could set that to go to clock standby screen by default rather than have to go through the menu...
  17. GrayT

16" Space saver recommendations

Check out this thread. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/spare-wheel-kit.433741/ There are links in a post on the second page. New kits aren't exactly cheap but I'm getting one myself soon. You can get 10% off kits ordered via Horton Seat via the code from this site.
  18. GrayT

Disappointed with the look of Standard 17” FR Alloys

I bought my FR 7 months ago. It was advertised as having 17" alloys although in fact they are 18". I held out to find a car with the performance alloys as i really didn't like the standard ones and i think they suit the Leon really well - more so than the latest version, bit it's all personal...
  19. GrayT

1.4tsi act cambelt

5 years or 150k does seem to be the norm, but given what's involved I believe it's normally a case of replace anyway isn't it? Water pump too.
  20. GrayT

Glass scratch but not a scratch as such

When I picked up my used 16 plate last year I noticed several very fine scratches. I happen to have just had my screen replaced after a lorry threw a rock at it during the winter weather. I know autoglass use their own glass but I'll be treating this one carefully. I tend to use the ice clearing...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members