Search results

1. MR T

Economy

I haven't noticed any difference between modes with regular round town and commuting driving, I'll get anywhere between 20 to 45 mpg depending on traffic and my right foot. I just leave it in sport these days as that's the most responsive setting. I drove to Scotland 400 miles on the A1 pretty...
  2. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

So the woman on the voice control who ignored everything I asked her to do has been replaced. I now have a serious sounding man who still doesnt do what I ask and answers back like he knows better.
  3. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

I probably should but I just use Google maps, in all truth I find the inbuilt sat nav a bit dated looking.
  4. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

It lives! Really quick to update from 1899 took about 20 minutes tonight. No obvious cosmetic changes, will just have to wait and see how responsive and smooth it is over the next few days.
  5. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

So I was still on 1790 and eventually got 1899 onto it tonight after I had to reformat a usb and a few scary minutes of looking at a completly black screen but anyway. I now have CLIMA instead of AC and the screen looks slightly sharper also noticed the short cut to turn off stop start, lane...
  6. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

Ah, thank you so much
  7. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

Sorry, I am confused what is the menu button? Is it the one in the top right corner which looks like a page with 3 lines next to the globe and privacy settings.
  8. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

Is it this screen?
  9. MR T

Infotainment 1969 update

So I have this update got it onto a USB c stick all fine and well. I plug it into the car and nothing? I've checked the stick it has both files on it. I followed the instructions but nothing is loading up. This is the right screen?
  10. MR T

Oil Sensor Fault

This came up on my mk4 leon the other day. I checked the dipstick and it was showing bang centre of the indicator, topped up just under half a litre and the light went. Then randomly the next morning the car a small software update which it installed on the drive to work.
  11. MR T

New OTA update

I'm still on 1760 but got it last week. My car is booked in due to a number of software issues including a fault with wipers, sat nav thought it was in Yorkshire one day, heating controls fail, randomly reboots and android auto was a bit slow to react. Haven't had any of those issues since this...
  12. MR T

Automatic boot struts for estate.

Has anyone manged to find/fit a set of automatic boot struts for the estate so you can hold the boot button on the fob and the boot springs open. The standard struts are weak and it just seems like cost cutting measure not to fit them. I've had them on previous cars and it's more handy than you...
  13. MR T

Brake Assist Slamming On

Mine has done it twice once reversing onto the drive when it was close to some long grass and once pulling out of a parking space with nothing around me.
  14. MR T

Software upgrade

Well mine went into the garage they said they updated it die to the faults listed, however software version is the same as when it went in. Are there smaller software updates that don't change the version?
  15. MR T

Spare wheel size

Gracias all.
  16. MR T

Software upgrade

Mine is booked in to the dealers in a few weeks, list of faults are Sos warning. Popping/crackle from radio. Intermittent fault with the heating screen where nothing works on it including the touch pad buttons below the screen. Autohold is sticking on when I pull away if the car is on even...
  17. MR T

Spare wheel size

Hello troops, just a quick one I have an fr sport estate with 18 inch wheels that has one of those stupid inflation kits. Does anyone have a space saver fitted in their car and of so what size wheel is it? Or does anyone know if all 5 stud hubs are the same across the vw range ie: will one of...
  18. MR T

Keyless fob strange problem

Took myself up to the finest wilko nearby and bought a pack of energiser batteries. Straight in job done both keys work perfectly and the message is gone. I'm guessing these keys are always active or use a lot of power if a less than perfect new battery knackers the whole thing.
  19. MR T

Keyless fob strange problem

Hello troops, I used to own a number iof ibiza's back in the day about 10 years ago due to company cars I've had vauxhalls since. Anyway i now have a 2 year old leon estate which is very nice and all, however it's developed a strange issue. The change key fob icon came on the dash so I changed...
  20. MR T

Pre-painted panels: Anyone used these guys...?

The problem is even if the paint is a perfect match to what was used at the factory you have to consider the fact that the door bumper and bonnet have suffered x amount of years rain and sun so they will be faded not massively so but i would say it'll be noticeable when you swap in a freshly...