Search results

1. 53 Leon SX

My first VAG...

I must admit when you titled your thread my first vag I was a little disappointed to not hear an epic tale full of sexual innuendo and double entendres! :( Just kidding dude, nice work and welcome to the forum!
  2. 53 Leon SX

Kumho, Nankang or Falken for 1.6 with LCR Alloys?

I didn't get a price for the Kumho 31's as when I was looking they were apparently sold out everywhere sorry Alan!
  3. 53 Leon SX

Any decent HID kits ??

^^Amen. Can't help you with your question though OP sorry!
  4. 53 Leon SX

meh, made my decision and I'm pleased with it. Been over a month since I got them, made it through various conditions including ice as has everyone else I hope without any worries. Not regretting my decision in the slightest. Agree with you about the kumho's though although they can get a bit...
  5. 53 Leon SX

Brake lights???

Its probably the sensor on/or connected to the pedal that has gone or is going rather than the bulbs themselves. Same thing happened to me late last year, I had the car scanned and the fault code cleared which got my lights back working again.
  6. 53 Leon SX

Skimping would imply that I had a bigger budget and just bought the cheapest tyres I could which is not the case. £600 for tyres is great if you can afford that, and I don't doubt that is a justified purchase for yourself mate but neither can I afford that nor do I need to spend that amount...
  7. 53 Leon SX

The ZE-912's are apparently a slightly longer lasting compound then all of the tyres on my list...but I don't know how trust worthy those wear ratings are A valid point indeed but I really don't need continental tyres on my car, would be overkill to say the least. I did want the falkens...
  8. 53 Leon SX

Cheers for the advice mate went for the nankangs in the end as I couldn't find Mohawks at similar prices.
  9. 53 Leon SX

Some advice please, I need 4 new tyres for my car, of which I have narrowed down my choice to: Costs including delivery, fitting & balancing. KU37 ECSTA XT KUMHO KU 37 £289 NANKANG NS2 £273 FALKEN ZE-92 £319 My current tyres are Kumho KU 31's which came on the wheels and they are...
  10. 53 Leon SX

help please! leon mk1 jerks badly at 70mph

If u can ring up some of your local garages and ask if they can scan the codes for you for a fiver or tenner or something, it is easy money for them as it is not even a 5 min job then post up what they give you if u find someone to do it.
  11. 53 Leon SX

If your putting it on and its not staying on then something is either missing or damaged because mine is an absolute b*stard for me to tug off. I would hazard a guess and say yes. When your working the engine hard it will be sucking in more air to burn more fuel and produce more power. I...
  12. 53 Leon SX

The cover really needs to be covering the that opening, as that's your throttle body (someone correct me if I'm wrong) as without it your sucking in all types of crap into your engine. From memory I think that your cover is missing some kind of rubber seal or something which keeps it in place...
  13. 53 Leon SX

Windows down, doors unlocked, key's don't work in door!

Sorry mate, meant to put contact cleaner i.e. isopropyl alcohol but put carb cleaner as at the time of writing I was looking into cleaning my injectors. :doh: Thanks Lee actually looks like a fairly easy solution just long and tedious.
  14. 53 Leon SX

Remapping a 1.6

Lol! No probably not that either. Performance mods are not worth the cost in relation to the "performance" gain on the 1.6...unless you really want to do those things or have money to burn (in which case you should have a cupra or something) stick to maybe handling mods and aesthetic...
  15. 53 Leon SX

Buying my first Leon - need some advice!

TDI looks like its been lowered as well.
  16. 53 Leon SX

Buying my first Leon - need some advice!

You haven't said what colour the tdi is btw. The mileage on the tdi is not an issue if its had its due maintenance. I and one of my mates both own black 1.6 sx's. They are good cars, and great as first cars, needing only minimal changes to make major aesthetic improvements imo (alloy wheels...
  17. 53 Leon SX

Right it was scanned for fault codes and nothing came up, so now only got the carb cleaner left to try. If that doesn't work I'll just have to replace the barrel. :-(
  18. 53 Leon SX

OK so faulty door lock module or barrel, but try contact cleaner first. cheers. are the module/ barrel cheap/expensive?
  19. 53 Leon SX

not sure mate I will try it though, although not sure that explains my doors and windows opening themselves overnight
  20. 53 Leon SX

Right just been alerted by my neighbor that all my windows have been down since he woke up at 8 am this morning (thank f*** it didn't rain and that my my area isn't too bad). I've gone outside and my doors are all unlocked plus neither my main key or spare will lock or unlock the car however...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.