Search results

1. new2this

hoover noise from cupra

what does it do though? why does it suck the air from the the air box? it sounds rough when it kicks in. what would happen if i disabled it?
  2. new2this

hoover noise from cupra

sometimes when i start the engine, theres a suction noise from the hose that clips onto the side of the air box, ive traced it back and it goes to a black pump like thing on the front of the block quite low down. why does it sometimes operate and sometimes not? whats it purpose? its...
  3. new2this

pic of std cupra intercooler?

i think i have a golf intercooler on my cupra as its a square one and i think i saw a picture of one a while back which was more rectangle. can some one show me what a standard one looks like. cheers in advance
  4. new2this

help needed for mk3 cupra, all sorts of probs

if i took it to the dealer they would rape me with the amount of faults this thing proabably has. speedo/abs/traction/gear box shaped light is on. stupid max power air filter which has probably munched my maf plus more i havent found yet. PhilW was going to bring vagcom down last night but i...
  5. new2this

South Wales Cupras Chat

wheres my vag.com phill!!!!!!
  6. new2this

right can anyone bother to help me!!!!! if i leave the car idle, after 2 mins the abs and traction light comes on. why is it doing this? (i will check that the abs sensors are ok and are plugged in, but would this lead to the traction light coming on.)
  7. new2this

speedo sender? how does it work

how does the voltage from the spinning shaft travel to the cap? does anyone have a etka diagram of one or a breakdown of the assembly
  8. new2this

South Wales Cupras Chat

hello chaps, well i read the first 4 pages and thought bugger this so jumped to the last page. i see you mischiefious lot have a fast n furious nite in some locations now and again, i would like to pop along and see some of you blast down the strips as well as show up in my golf once its...
  9. new2this

speedo sender? how does it work

my speedo is broken as it doesnt read anything. i have removed the sender from the gear box and had a look how it works, i can see the shaft is driven by a cog but at the top of the sender where the cap clicks on and the plug clips to it, i cant see how the signal goes from the spinning shaft...
  10. new2this

Air bags

ok cool. do you knoe if dash removal is a pain or is it just a load of screws and lift off
  11. new2this

Air bags

is it just one main cu or one per bag?
  12. new2this

Air bags

bump. both my air bags have gone. what do i need to get? obviously 2 new bags and a dash, but do i need new modules and any other stuff.
  13. new2this

what do i need to have vag.com

i just want to be able to read fault codes and clear them on my car if and when i get some. what lead do i need to buy and where from/price etc i have a lap top where do i go for a free version or a demo or trial version etc do i need anyting else to be able to read codes and clear them...
  14. new2this

speedo gone dud

i did have a sneek peek but i couldnt see it, i will have a good inspection after. would this effect the fuel gauge? and would the speedo being unplugged cause the computer readings to defualt to 0
  15. new2this

speedo gone dud

ive bought a cupra and the speedo isnt working at all. the rev counter and temp gauge work. the speedo is dead and doesnt move at all. and the fuel gauge goes buzurk when its empty. i filled the car up and the gauge went to max and slowly crept down to empty as the distance increasesd, but...
  16. new2this

RECALL: Brake Servo Hose

same here who do you ring to see if the car has been back for its recalls? and can you still take them back after this length of time? could i just pop to a dealer and ask?
  17. new2this

central locking woes mk3

sorted, thanks mate, i went striaght out and tried it 2nd time around it worked. central locking is back up and running. nice one.
  18. new2this

central locking woes mk3

the central locking wont operate off the fob, it will open and unlock using key in the door but will not respond to pressing the button on the fob. the fob is working as the red light on the key flashes when its pressed. where is the reciever located? and can anyone recommend a solution...
  19. new2this

just bought a x plate cupra and it has a few niggles which i need sorting. the speedo isnt working any common probs with this and what can i do to fix it or test it?. tcs and abs light comes on when i brake a coulpe of times after just starting. i can turn the car on and the lights are...
  20. new2this

Air bags

can you not just buy new air bags and dash and use the old control unit?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members