Search results

1. 285cupra-matty

Changing master cylinder

Hi all, Does anyone know if there is a guide to change master cylinder on an lcr. Went to bleed my one today and one of the nipples snapped off, tried extracting what was left but then snapped the extractor off so picking up a new master cylinder tomorrow. But it looks like a pig of a job...
  2. 285cupra-matty

Gearbox, diff max power

Depends how it's driven mate. A friend of mine has an s3 running 500hp on standard dmf and its ok. My engine cme out of a car with 420hp and that was on standard clutch and flywheel. But my previous flywheel give up at 300lbft but I drove it hard. Done 2 track days and 2 rwyb days.
  3. 285cupra-matty

Gearbox

I don't think the cupra gearboxes have a shim on the input shaft as they run am o2m I do believe is it 6speed? If it's thrust bearing then there isn't any need to change box surely?
  4. 285cupra-matty

Wmi

You can run just water to reduce your intake temps or run water meth and that reduces intake temps and reduces the risks of det allowing greater timing adjustments.
  5. 285cupra-matty

Wmi

Hi all People running wmi what kits you running? Anyone running this one 221511834805?
  6. 285cupra-matty

Upgraded clutch

There are a few out there it just depends how much you want to spend. You can go for ones from awesome gti or psi tuning or helix Sachs luk standard replacement or Valeo do a Smf conversion for good money. Like I say depends on what you want to spend. That's the biggest part in buying a new clutch.
  7. 285cupra-matty

Removing oil cooler

I think you can be fiddly but if you unscrew the ac from the rad and support it you should be able to get to the 4 clips and remove the rad through the engine bay. You will need to remove think in he fan surrounds first though.
  8. 285cupra-matty

Removing oil cooler

Yer that's the ac condenser
  9. 285cupra-matty

Removing oil cooler

If its a cupra r the only form of oil cooler they have is on the oil filter housing you can see 2 ter pipes going into it. I have had the front end off of my car and can promise there isnt a front mount oil cooler so to speak unless someone has fitted one. Which would be about 200 mm long by...
  10. 285cupra-matty

Removing oil cooler

Sounds very much like the ac to me oil coolers are normally a lot smaller than that.
  11. 285cupra-matty

Removing oil cooler

Hi when you say oil cooler is this the larger radiator style item bumper side of the radiator, if so that's not an oil cooler it's your air con condenser. Removing this will require the air conditioning gases to be removed by a professional with the right equipment. As venting this to atmosphere...
  12. 285cupra-matty

Battery in boot

Hi all, I'm looking at putting my battery in the boot to allow me to get a feed to my new turbo. Basically I'm looking at getting a power cable from say a BMW 3 or 5 series. But my question is where does the small fuse box thing in the battery go? And also he best way of joing the...
  13. 285cupra-matty

550cc injectors

I got them from psi tuning so they only go up to 550cc. Ok thanks I shall have a look. Thanks for your help.
  14. 285cupra-matty

550cc injectors

I already have 550cc but I can send them back. Where's best place to get the 750 cc?
  15. 285cupra-matty

550cc injectors

What about if I was going to run a walbro 255 or similar. And a 4 bar fpr? Thanks Bill.
  16. 285cupra-matty

550cc injectors

Can anyone tell me in 550cc injectors are big enough to run around the 400 - 450 Hp?
  17. 285cupra-matty

garret v borg warner

Evening everyone I got another question/s. If looking for around 400 Hp do I need to do anything to the head ie valves/springs? I've read only the exhaust side need doing? Also I have a agu bottom end ready for building and again I have read that they have a different cr to bam pistons will this...
  18. 285cupra-matty

garret v borg warner

Thanks guys. I shall have a read up. I was thinking hybrid but the kind of money it costs and then limits you to around 370hp. You never know one day I might wake up and think oh I need more power then need to spend a load more to get it. (I'm sure you know that feeling grahams81 I've read your...
  19. 285cupra-matty

garret v borg warner

I have heard that to. But I'm thinking big turbo like an efr range turbo. ☺ but I think they require a different manifold to a garrett.
  20. 285cupra-matty

garret v borg warner

Hi all Just seeing what people's views on these to makes. I know garrett are the tried and tested but borg warner seem to have a very good name and now come standard on a lot of cars I'm thinking maybe a gtx28 or gtx30 for mime just looking at borg's but not sure what the equivalent...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.