Search results

1. DubSteve68

What car insurers are people with?

One of the few perks of being a "mature" driver. We also tend to get less grief from our friends with blue disco lights :D Now, how much do people really want to pay for their insurance? And when I ask that I'm talking about the thing many don't stop to think about, what your insurance will...
  2. DubSteve68

Suction Jet 06A-133-751 - Replace or Repair?

Hi All, After 9 years of ownership the suction jet assembly on my 1.8T has finally sprung a leak and I'm getting the usual System Lean errors in VCDS as well as a nice hissing sound. So the question is obviously replace or repair? The best price I've seen for the full assembly online is about...
  3. DubSteve68

Knock on lock.

Which side driveshaft was replaced?
  4. DubSteve68

Child lock info needed please!

Hi All, This will only take two minutes of someone's time... Can someone please help me by checking the child locks on their Leon and tell me if they are a mirror image of each other (vertical for locked, 45 degrees or so towards the front of the car for unlocked), or if it's anti-clockwise...
  5. DubSteve68

what have you done to your car today ?

After reading about blocked oil pickups killing 1.8Ts (affects ALL 1.8Ts) I ordered a replacement today from the local Skoda guys, oil pickup 06A115251 and seal N0282222, all for just over £14. At that price it seems stupid not to change the pickup as a matter of course...
  6. DubSteve68

Thinking about a Cupra...

45.4 mpg! I managed 44.8 MPG door-to-door on a leisurely amble home from work today, with a peak ave. reading of 45.4. I didn't actually know this was possible until this afternoon, when faced with a 15 mile journey and an indicated 20 miles of fuel left in the tank I knew I had to take it...
  7. DubSteve68

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Hehe no worries mate ;) Might help to take the door card off and sit in the car with the door shut while someone else gives the door a proper good soaking with a hose pipe or even a jetwash, that way you'll be able to see exactly where it's coming in if you still have a leak. Definitely check...
  8. DubSteve68

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Arm like a leg - most amused :) Reckon you may get away with it though as you say you did a decent clean up. Shouldn't be any challenge to drill/extract the old bolt if you need to though ;) Big Eck's post? No disrespect to the big fella but check whose name is at the bottom of the guide hehe...
  9. DubSteve68

Wow... how tight did you do the bolts up? The bolts are M6 if I remember correctly. Whereabouts was the bolt that sheared located? You may get away with having one missing bolt if the seal areas were properly cleaned up beforehand (nothing's going to get past butyl assuming it has a chance to...
  10. DubSteve68

1.8T sounds like a Dyson when starting from cold? A Secondary Air Pump repair guide

Good luck fella, please report back if it fixes your juddering/coughing problem (I suffer those too but I put it down to excess drink and smoke hehe). Cheers, DubSteve
  11. DubSteve68

1.8T sounds like a Dyson when starting from cold? A Secondary Air Pump repair guide

Hi, No it's not really a performance thing. As far as I know the pump is just there to inject extra air to the catalytic converter, in order to quickly bring it up to its operating temperature while the engine is in its warmup phase. DubSteve :)
  12. DubSteve68

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide

Hi. It's vital that all surfaces are clean and dry whatever you use to seal the gap between the door frame and the carrier, but especially with silicone. Be prepared for more leaks elsewhere if you have just put sealant where it's currently leaking. At the very least you should seal the...
  13. DubSteve68

Hi. It's vital that all surfaces are clean and dry whatever you use to seal the gap between the door frame and the carrier, but especially with silicone. Be prepared for more leaks elsewhere if you have just put sealant where it's currently leaking. At the very least you should seal the...
  14. DubSteve68

Hahahahahaha well spotted! My windows are never that clean, must have made a special effort to make it look tidy for this guide ;) Now I remember, I took the pic before realising I'd pulled the door card off without lowering the window, but I definitely put the window down after as it makes...
  15. DubSteve68

Hahahahahaha well spotted! My windows are never that clean, must have made a special effort to make it look tidy for this guide ;) Now I remember, I took the pic before realising I'd pulled the door card off without lowering the window, but I definitely put the window down after as it makes...
  16. DubSteve68

Hi, the window was definitely all the way down in the pic - my windows are rarely that clean... Put the window down before you disconnect the window switches, if fitted, it's simply easier with the door card in place. Having the window down makes the carrier easier to pry open when feeding the...
  17. DubSteve68

Hi, the window was definitely all the way down in the pic - my windows are rarely that clean... Put the window down before you disconnect the window switches, if fitted, it's simply easier with the door card in place. Having the window down makes the carrier easier to pry open when feeding the...
  18. DubSteve68

Did the sub you fitted look anything like this? They are notorious for holding water and it's essential to drain them thoroughly before fitting, otherwise it's wet carpet time ;) DubSteve :)
  19. DubSteve68

Did the sub you fitted look anything like this? They are notorious for holding water and it's essential to drain them thoroughly before fitting, otherwise it's wet carpet time ;) DubSteve :)
  20. DubSteve68

Does your 1.8T sound like a Dyson (or Henry or whatever) when starting from cold? This seems to be a common complaint, and no great surprise given how badly these things are put together. The problem is caused by air leaking from the pump due to it being held together by six rivets which...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.