Search results

1. GoogleBear

Hi, relive my youth

even though it was full of water and had very questionable brakes i really enjoyed the 3 hour drive home with it , quickly remembered how nice they are to drive
  2. GoogleBear

Hi, relive my youth

Ha I've actually just done this also, had a 2004 yellow one about 10 years ago and just ended up with another yellow 2004 ! Although this one is wildly modded compared to my old one
  3. GoogleBear

Old Member , I must be mad !!! MK1 Seat Leon Cupra R project

Hello again , thought id checkin to the forum again; used to own a Mk1 seat cupra R maybe 10 years ago , well ive just ended up with another , same colour aswell , i must be absolutely bonkers, ive got plenty to do with this one , its looking very sorry for itself and im hoping the engine...
  4. GoogleBear

Oil usage!

This is normal for me also, I keep it topped up with the remaining oil from the 5l bottle then when it runs out I change it
  5. GoogleBear

Tyre advice for mk1 Lcr

I had hankook winters on before then, and my summer alloys had rs2 on the back and falkens on front
  6. GoogleBear

Tyre advice for mk1 Lcr

I fitted two RS3's to the rear wheels on Saturday, has anyone else found them to be very noisy???? They where that bad i thought all my wheel bearings had gone at the sane time!! Done about 150mile this weekend and I think they are getting quieter, well at least I'm hoping they are
  7. GoogleBear

Lights Question?

I had 6000k H7r when I first changed to hids, but ended up changing them to 4300k as I thought they looked a bit chavy, they where quite blue 4300k is standard colour temp for most factory fitted headlights in new cars 5000k might be worth a go if u want to keep a fairly low profile Sent...
  8. GoogleBear

Tyre advice for mk1 Lcr

My god, that is a pretty impressive wear rate, u did mean to say 1000 and not 10,000 ????
  9. GoogleBear

Tyre advice for mk1 Lcr

Nice treads on those RS3, there is a fair amount of rubber on those tyres isn't there I dropped off my alloys this morning and ordered two RS3's As soon as my car has its track rods fixed and tracked up again I'll be fitting them
  10. GoogleBear

Tyre advice for mk1 Lcr

Might give them a go.....the other option i thought of was the continental 5, lot of good reviews on them apart from the fact they don't last long, which i also heard about the RS3,
  11. GoogleBear

Track rod ends - LCR

Thanks very much Chris, star man :):thumbup:
  12. GoogleBear

Tyre advice for mk1 Lcr

How are you finding the RS3's, I am thinking of getting some fitted tomorrow as i have 2 RS2 already, the garage has them in stock. they also have Goodyear eagle assy2 and the bridgestone re050a but obviously the RS3 are a good 20 cheaper for two?
  13. GoogleBear

Track rod ends - LCR

nice one bud, that price is per side yes??? what details do you want from me
  14. GoogleBear

suspension

That's what I was trying to say, cheers Andy. I had them with the original springs at first, then I had a spring snap so I changed to the eibachs, which felt much much better
  15. GoogleBear

suspension

Have a look at the eibach sports shocks and the koni fsd shocks. I have the koni's and eibach springs much improved over the standard setup, however my original shocks where well worn so I guess anything new would of been an improvement. The fsd's stiffen up the more u drive
  16. GoogleBear

Track rod ends - LCR

Cheers bud, I'm guessing you get some discount
  17. GoogleBear

Track rod ends - LCR

I think that's pretty much it, I only found out when I took it to get tracked Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
  18. GoogleBear

Track rod ends - LCR

Yeh my nearside is worse then offside.... The lemforder items are same as original equipment, those are the best ones then
  19. GoogleBear

Track rod ends - LCR

"Think it might be a case of buy cheap, buy twice" That's what I was thinking So obviously I need to get some new ones....which ones are the best ones to get??? Or should I shell out for proper SEAT/VW parts
  20. GoogleBear

Track rod ends - LCR

hi apparently my track rod ends are knackered again...... What sort of mileage you guys getting out of these parts?? I got less then 25k out of a set! All be it they where pattern parts not SEAT but even so. The car is only on Eibach springs and poly bushes on the wishbones etc;