Search results

1. 09 facelift changes

Where are you based? Have you checked the sales section of this site? ;-)
  2. 1.2TSI or 1.6TDI MPG?

I had a 1.2 tdi ibiza as a courtesy car. The engine was ruined by the overly long gearing imo.
  3. Leon fr cr+ diesel

Sat at 70 I normally see mid to high 40s, I've used a fuel app to compare with the trip computer and found it to be pretty accurate maybe reading 1-2mpg above calculated values.
  4. What 18" tyres???

I think it's mainly for wet running. More tread on the back means less chance of aquaplaning off the road backwards. Understeer's considered more manageable than oversteer I guess.
  5. tyre presure.

I run 35 front 32 back in an attempt to even out the tyre wear on the fronts, gives better feel and fuel consumption without compromising the ride too much.
  6. FR 170TDi - how do you use the gears?

Normal driving around town I change up between 2 and 2.5k, cruise at 60 / 70 in 6th. Haven't had any DPF issues as such (never had the dpf light on), but do find that sticking to legal speeds in 6th doesn't always seem to generate enough exhaust heat to allow a passive re-gen. I have on...
  7. Not happy at all !!!

No problems for me, had mine replaced under warranty by SMC Exeter.
  8. Cost of first service

Yup mine was £159.
  9. leon cr fr tdi 170..problems from new!!

I've had a few problems with mine, first was a boost leak soon after I bought it (10 months), next was a dash rattle. Both were sorted by the dealer under warranty. Then more recently it's been stuttering under low loads - thought to be a software issue - now sorted (I think), then finally I...
  10. Rattle N/S Behind Dash Over Bumps

There's a rattle on mine from what sounds like behind the glove box. I hear it the most when driving over really broken / rough road surfaces. Though the whole dash sounds loose when driving over larger bumps!
  11. fr badge on front

Comes Standard.
  12. Cupra Depreciation

You have to take these depreciation figures with a pinch of salt. They're all based on list prices - anyone that pays full list price for a LCR deserves to be broke! From what I've seen on here they can be had for just over £20k - around 5k less than list! That makes the depreciation in real...
  13. Would you trust a SEAT garage to...

Would probably trust them to do it, but wouldn't fancy paying the premium they'll charge.
  14. CR170 Stutters Too?

Just a quick update - it might help someone else down the line. Well I've had the car back for over a week now, and I'm glad to report that there's no sign of the original stutter, or any warning lights on the dash. It looks like there were two unrelated problems with the car - the...
  15. tyres...yeah i know been done before but..

I just replaced two Pirelli PZero Rossos with some Bridgestone S001's. Wanted Goodyear F1 assymetrics really but didn't have them in stock, the bridgestones were a good price and came recommended. Looking at reviews, looks like they might be ok. Initial impressions are they're quieter than...
  16. CR170 Stutters Too?

Limp mode again this morning :censored:. This is starting to do my head in now. Again, going up a slight incline, increased the throttle, car felt un-responsive - boost didn't kick in revs reached 3k then bing! coil light. Garage still suspect it's a turbo issue, they've ordered a...
  17. CR170 Stutters Too?

Well, there's been another twist. I phoned yesterday to check when they were expecting the new turbo to arrive, to be told the turbo hadn't been ordered, since they now believe it's OK. I don't know the full ins and outs, but it looks like some parameters that control the turbo were set...
  18. CR170 Stutters Too?

Well, just heard from the garage, apparently the turbo is stuffed. :think: Thank **** it's still under warranty. It's a little bit worrying it's knackered after only 20k miles. They're ordering a new one first thing tomorrow, fingers crossed they can get one in before the end of the week. I...
  19. CR170 Stutters Too?

I think I may have spoken too soon. Today whilst driving up a slight incline probably in 3rd around 2.5k rpm, not giving it too many beans (heavily pregnant wife in the car!) The car went into limp mode for the first time ever. Coil light was flashing. Turned engine off, then back on no light...