Search results

1. doug2001leon

runs like crap with MAF plugged in but not the MAF faulty???

nope checked all charge pipes / intake pipes and even replaced all the vacuum hoses too. yea deffinatly richer im getting 22mpg on a gentle run and 16-18 normal driving. not good lol
  2. doug2001leon

yea they have, what im saying is the car runs prefect with the MAF unplugged. only when its plugged in it wont rev and misses like hell. damn thing is taking the pee now lol
  3. doug2001leon

thanks for the replys, as i say vagcom only says multiple missfire, when unplugged its fine. Have tried the BOSCH refurb unit from Camberly auto factors costing £90 and also tried the one of my mates ibiza cupra which works fine on his as does my old on on his. Coilpack have also been swapped...
  4. doug2001leon

Anyone got any idea's??? Baffled here, lol.
  5. doug2001leon

Hi all, I have swapped my leon for an ibiza now and it has a strange problem... Basically when the maf is plugged in it missfires and wont rev passed 2500-3500 rpm. When unplugged it runs fine. I bought a new mass air flow sensor (propper bosch one) fitted it and still the same problem...
  6. doug2001leon

strange turbo noise.....

true that son! To be honest i think you will find that the bolts are loose somewhere in there, i have heard that its normally the bottom row on the inlet plenum / manifold. Try and get to them mate it will save alot of hassle if it is them.
  7. doug2001leon

Phil-B's Mk3 Flash Red Ibiza Cupra R -28/6/11 Last update, now for sale :(

nice motor mate, What n75r did you go for? i know you said a race one but what one is that? Ta
  8. doug2001leon

Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

From what i have heard you will need to keep the original one plugged in otherwise faults will show. as far as the bypass i would like to know aswell.... Anyone help?
  9. doug2001leon

Turbo Pressure?

no worries mate. good luck, takes about half hour or so, can replace but if your modding best to remove :)
  10. doug2001leon

Turbo Pressure?

there is a removal guide on here somewhere. best way mate.
  11. doug2001leon

Turbo Pressure?

i had this, its the n249 valve messing about it opens the dv when it shouldnt mate
  12. doug2001leon

laying to rest the faded ovni paint myths

my boot has faded too, rest of car is fine.... Strange. Anywhoo, anyone know whether its cheaper to get the car resprayed the same color? or if i was to change the color. Reason i say is that some horrible little sh**s have keyed my baby all over and the wife is saying she doesnt like the yellow...
  13. doug2001leon

Red oil light flashing, 3 beeps, won't start

hmmm, im guessing you had propper antifreeze in it yes? other thing i can think of is crank pickup sensor but would normally throw up management light. Good luck bud keep us updated.
  14. doug2001leon

Red oil light flashing, 3 beeps, won't start

sounds like an issue between the main loom with the oil temp / presure sensors on it and i would imagine it has melted through somewhere, also check the earthing cable, am i right in thinking it turns over fine just not fireing?
  15. doug2001leon

i have a 2001 leon cupra what turbo do i have?

thanks guys i thought so just someone told me tonight that they were ko3 not the ko3s. not to worry thanks all
  16. doug2001leon

i have a 2001 leon cupra what turbo do i have?

Hi all just wondering if anyone knows whether i would have the ko3 or the ko3s turbo? i would of thought it was the ko3s but wasnt sure. :-)
  17. doug2001leon

Boost levels on a leon cupra k03s

just thought i would let you guys know, my leon (2001 AUQ 180bhp engine) Boosts standard at 7psi peaks to 9 max and settles between 7-8 in 2nd and 3rd and bang on 7 rest..... Hope this helps some of you.... i have been told you can run safely 13psi with a max peak of 15 before the standard ecu...
  18. doug2001leon

engine temp 1.8 20vt

ah ok sounds to me like the thermostat has gone again, wouldnt supprise me, if there is not enough coolant in it that will knacker it up or if you have mixed them ect... its not water pump its thermostat / temp sender.
  19. doug2001leon

Painted starfish alloys

hi bud, i have seen them in white on a black leon and they actually looked brilliant :-) Try the spare one if you have one mate :-)
  20. doug2001leon

where do i put the oil temp sensor? just got a new gauge :-)

brilliant, thakns guys for all the help.... Anyone know what size the 2001 leon cupra AUQ engine one would be? i mean the sump plug adapter. im guessing its 14ml but didnt want to take it out to measure rather just do one oil change :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members