Search results

1. IainW

When do the dials light up?

Sometimes I notice they light up when you don't have the headlights on and other times they aren't lit up at all. Does anyone know when they light up? It's just something I've noticed recently. I know I've not worded it very well!
  2. IainW

Exhausted

Looks like my exhaust has seen better days? What are my options here? I've honestly never had to change or fix an exhaust on my previous cars, as they've never been as old as this one, which is six in November.
  3. IainW

A blast from the past - Racing Rivals!

Found this on Youtube there. Somebody has uploaded the penultimate episode of Racing Rivals, when reality TV and motorsport came together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0XsXS_c_A I quite liked it, all the off track stuff was interesting and there was good banter between drivers. The...
  4. IainW

Red Bull to demo in Milton Keynes

http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Article/Mark-and-Sebastian-Confirmed-For-UK-December-Event-021243113523076 This should be some event. RBR will be bringing both Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel to MK on December the 10th to do demo runs down Midsummer Boulevard. Might be a bit...
  5. IainW

Amazed at the difference in ride quality between pre and post-facelift

An old workmate of mine has just bought a 6 month old FR TSi and I met up with him the other night to see it. He took me for a little run in it for about 10 miles or so and I couldn't believe how smooth it felt on our roads round here compared to my pre-facelift version. If I had fillings, most...
  6. IainW

Can you get a Cupra TSi 211?

A mate of mine called me at the weekend and told me he has done a deal to trade in his MK2 Fabia vRS for a 60 plate Leon Cupra TSi 211. It's only just occured to me that this can't be right? Did a Google there and found the review for the Cupra TSi and it says the Cupra has 237bhp. Are Arnold...
  7. IainW

We almost had a new SEAT in the BTCC this year...

Stumbled across this on a motorsports forum. In a snippet from an online motorsport tech magazine, they were doing a feature about the aero testing on the NGTC cars. In a small section about Welch Motorsport who are running a Proton, it said they were due to run an Exeo, but it fell through. :(
  8. IainW

One of the best touring car races you'll ever see!

Finally somebody's uploaded the full video onto Youtube of the 1992 ToCA Shoot Out. Lots of placeswapping, some nudging, no really blatant contact and the best touring car circuit there is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6nef0nDO3s Oh and listen in to Robb Gravett complaining that "Matthew...
  9. IainW

DIY mirror cap painting

Anyone done this? Bought some second hand gloss black mirrors from a member on here, but they're a bit too chipped for my liking. Would I be able to tidy them up and paint them myself, or would I be better off getting them done professionally or even getting selling them and getting some primed...
  10. IainW

My 2007 Leon FR TDi 170

After 6 years of driving MK4 Ibizas, I decided to take the plunge and move up to the Leon. I wasn't really looking seriously for a car at the time, but passed the dealers one night last week and saw a car I really liked. Went in the next day and done a deal. Exactly the same as I had done with...
  11. IainW

Hello I'm new

......to this section. :D After 6 years of owning Ibiza MK4s, I've finally decided to grow up and get a Leon FR TDi. Take delivery of it on Tuesday. :D Having to wait a week to pick it up because I'm working this weekend and it's agony! First mod has already been done - I've ordered some...
  12. IainW

Anyone else running a Kenwood HU with iPod lead?

I've recently bought and had one installed. The iPod lead worked fine with my friend's one and also with my new one for the first few times. Then last weekend it took a while for it to read before it worked and the next again day I could not get it to recognise it at all. It just says 'NO...
  13. IainW

A SEAT in the VW Cup!

Came across this news story earlier on today. Interesting to see how it compares to the other cars. www.vw-cup.co.uk
  14. IainW

Wheel bearing problems - a strange coincidence...

I had problems with my wheel bearings at the start of this year. To cut a long story short, the garage had trouble finding which one it was, but it got fixed eventually, and turned out to be the left rear. My dad has an 06 plate Ibiza too, a 1.4 Stylance. Both registered within a month of...
  15. IainW

Speakers crackling in cold weather?

My driver side speaker is working intermittently at the moment and sometimes it crackles. At first I thought it was the snow on the roof affecting the aerial, but it does it for CDs as well. Told my dad this (he has a 1.4 Stylance) and he has had the same thing happen to him. Is it just the cold...
  16. IainW

Iain's MK4 Ibiza FR TDi

After nearly 5 years on the forum and having had 2 SEATs, I thought it was time I had a thread. Not done too much to the car so far in the 3 years I've had it, apart from minor cosmetic things. I did have a 2.0 Sport Ibiza from July 2004 to June 2006, but it was costing me a fortune in fuel...
  17. IainW

FIA GTs at Silverstone

It's been years since I saw a GT race in person, so myself and my friend went to the FIA GTs at the weekend, as we've getting more into endurance racing these past few years. It was amazing, from GT1 to GT4. Ok the races aren't as frantic as the BTCC races, but the cars that were taking part and...
  18. IainW

More proof that the 2.0 Sport is unloved!

I had a 2.0 Sport for nearly 2 years. It cost £9000 new in July 2004 and when I traded it in June 2006, I only got £4500 for it. The dealer's reasoning was that it was a 30k mile 2 year old car and Arnold Clark (who I bought it from) was still selling them with delivery mileage on them for...
  19. IainW

Difference between 1.4 SC SE and 1.4 SC Sport

A friend of mine is looking at new cars and wants to know the difference between the Sport Coupe 1.4 SE and the 1.4 Sport. After looking at the seat.co.uk site, all I seem to be able to see is that the Sport has sports seats and sports suspension. Anyone know more? :)
  20. IainW

Bathurst anyone?

'The Great Race' is live on Motors TV tonight from 9pm, all the way to 8am in the morning! :D I can't wait, especially to see how poorly a certain tall double ex-BTCC champion does. :lol: It's a track that can bite and it started off badly with a crash in practice...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members