Search results

1. Crossed over the RWD side

Ooh, a 540 would be niiice. I didn't set out with any particular engine in mind, as long as more than 528, and pre 2001 cos I didn't want to pay £460 for my road tax, I'd had 4 cars in less than 2 years so the wife was putting her foot down so my budget was restricted, in the end I just wanted...
  2. Crossed over the RWD side

Only have to worry about thick snow, I drove mine in light snow, ACS kept me a little straight,though I did overshoot my driveway one day, but I was shunting in case it got any worse as my wife has a RWD too, so we'd have been stuffed if we had to go out.
  3. Crossed over the RWD side

I'm loving mine, got it in Avus blue which is much nicer than the standard navy they do. Mine is a 528i individual, which I assume it specced personally and someone's waited for it rather than just choosing an SE from the floor. It has piping on the seats, which sounds gay, but is actually damn...
  4. Crossed over the RWD side

I know, I'm super anal about mine, having been a biker once, lack of indicator use is one of my pet hates.
  5. Crossed over the RWD side

Would be a good buy too, I thought he might have atleast tried for £1250. I traded it against the BMW so only got £900 for it, which ain't too bad I guess. I don't normally like some beemers either, but E39s are a dying breed, and the shade of blue is not common, and the deep dish alloys make...
  6. Crossed over the RWD side

I love my Toledo V5, in 6 months and 6000miles it never let me down, and despite its 126000miles did not have a rattle, leather still looked new, all the electrics worked, heck, even the satnav could get me do the middle of the boondocks. But, I've just come back from cornwall, the car was...
  7. V5 (10v) Clutch & Flywheel Replacement

I had a problem with them earlier in the year as well. Two different items ordered from carparts4less were wrong, (I even reminded them several times their website was still wrong), they did not pay for my return shipping either, but as it was only a couple of ££s I didn't bother, but had it...
  8. My Toledo V5 20V - LOUD NOISES

If you not sure about a new bumper you could paint/vinyl the plastic on the front lip. I saw a tolly for sale on Ebay and I couldn't place what was different then realized front and back was all silver, looked much better, thinking about it on my car, the wifes car looks ok with black plastic as...
  9. Kumho, Nankang or Falken for 1.6 with LCR Alloys?

I wouldn't have gone Nankang either, they are only economy tyres: Grip78% Wet Grip 58% Road Feedback 67% Progressiveness 58% Wear 77% Comfort 65% Buy again 62% Whereas the Kumho KU31s are: Dry Grip 85% Wet Grip 78% Road Feedback 79% Progressiveness 77% Wear 75% Comfort...
  10. V5 Clutch Change

Exactly, since Renault got involved, Nissans legendary lifelong chains are no longer a guarantee, if you have a K12 Micra then you are almost guaranteed a replacement will be required, sometimes as soon as 30,000miles. I ran a taxi company in NZ for a little while, and 6 of the fleet were...
  11. V5 Clutch Change

If well maintained though, Seat are adamant the chain should be the life of the vehicle. Certainly Wiltshire and Sons in Hampshire took that attitude with me, I'm banking on not having to replace mine, I'm going to assume it is as good as the old Nissan V6 chains.
  12. V5 Clutch Change

Tell a lie, Eurocarparts has the kit for £176, but then I guess you would need a flywheel whilst you are there too, but I can't find a price for that. Musta been something else I saw for £111.
  13. V5 Clutch Change

IIRC, I think I saw a kit for £111 on some web retailer last week, I saw it whilst looking for something else though, but I remember being surprised at the price. My concern is the hours it will take.
  14. Should I Get A Diesel?

I agree with nightflight, will the slight improvement in MPG be that much or a saving and worth the finance. If you're getting 44mpg then that sounds pretty good to me already. If you were getting 38mpg or less all the time then perhaps the difference would be worth it, but I'm not convinced...
  15. Decent tyres for Leon FR

I only paid £10 each tyre for fitting at my local garage, so still only £60 a tyre + £6 delivery.
  16. Decent tyres for Leon FR

I fitted Kumho Ecsta KU31s to the front of my tolly last week, coping with the horses of the V5 very well, even in the wet. I paid £50.30 each from Camskill. I opted for these over Hankook, and even Michelin and Continentals because of price, wear, and wet weather performance. I'm definitely...
  17. Toledo fault code 17559

I would say so. I monitored mine through an app on my phone. If you have android and a spare £15 get yourself Torque off the android market and an OBDII bluetooth connector for the car, it will save you hundreds.
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Chucked some Kumho Ecsta KU31s on the front. Much better than the crappy Triangle Talon sports they came with. There was nothing sporting about the old boots, apart from the tread pattern, recylcled plastic does not a good tyre make.
  19. Toledo fault code 17559

I think, think, it might be connected to the N80 solenoid valve, which is something to do with the cabin filter, maybe it is meant to detect if there is too many harmful gases entering the cabin via the filter? Only a guess though. If that is the case then I don't think that would be the cause...
  20. Toledo fault code 17559

Huh, crossed paths there. If you have some duct tape try sealing the holes, atleast temporarily. The pipe Slimy was referring to is the one in your bottom picture about 3inches right of the throttle body, the one that joins back into the air intake.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.