Search results

1. _Steve

custom TomTom mount

its £350 RRP, and includes 1:50k maps of all the tourist areas, but as its a product developed by www.memory-map.co.uk i'm presuming you can upload other OS base maps for the area your "exploring".
  2. _Steve

custom TomTom mount

Ted johnsons in Barnsley were waiting for the RH drive version of the cradle to fit to thier showroom Altea XL as it was missing from the car supplied - they were going to jot down the part number as it arrived so they could order me one - i must give them a ring to see if it ever turned up...
  3. _Steve

Altea Raised Boot Floor

I've had about 6 crates of beer on top of the cover, and whilst it did flex a small amount it held up pretty well to the load. The hassle with the floor, is that you return to the car with a trolley load of beer from Costco, and have to decide if its worth trying to lift the false floor out, as...
  4. _Steve

Listing contacts with bluetooth kit

for frequent numbers its always best to store them in the car with the voice-dial, i've had a couple of near misses whilst navigating down a huge contact list with the right hand stalk, so have made a rule to get the most frequent numbers into the car memory, and answer calls, but only use the...
  5. _Steve

Altea-Special Edition

re the leather trim - have a look at the following post: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110792 Jennnings Middlesborough doing it for £899 inc vat fitted, and from the pictures on there the quality looks great.
  6. _Steve

retro fit sat nav

yeah - on ebay at the mo there are plenty of nav units, some are the newer VW ones with silver buttons, that play audio cd's rather than needing a cd changer. most appear to have blue menus from vw cars, there is one with green menus that is the Skoda colour, plus the writing on the buttons...
  7. _Steve

retro fit sat nav

Thanks Tell - the upgrade is popular amongst the Audi A3/A4 owners, and it looks simple enough, with the adapters for wiring available readily, perhaps the only complexity is the vag-com programming so that the nav instructions appear on the "hi-line" mfd in the instruments. A user of the...
  8. _Steve

retro fit sat nav

Has anyone here retro fitted the factory colour sat nav into thier Altea? if so was there any problems or issues that made the job difficult?
  9. _Steve

Altea-Special Edition

very nice :) looks like my car with the 17" alloys. :) Wish leather was an option at the time when i bought mine - the seats with the plastic strimmer wire sewn into the fabric are one of the things i've never really got on with. I may get a quote for a local auto upholsterer to re-trim the...
  10. _Steve

Rough steering

mine got swapped out last week, and has been fine since (well a quick re-visit today to get the steering wheel aligned properly - it was a few degrees out) steering is smoother, and no noises when doing 3 point turns :)
  11. _Steve

Rough steering

There is a batch of steering racks that have "faulty seals" as i was told by my dealer - i complained of crunchy grinding noises when doing car park manouvres, with the steering going heavy at times, they checked the steering rack against thier list and its one of the dodgy ones - now awaiting...
  12. _Steve

Altea Handbrake Problem

I can see how you think that a ratchet clicking would make it wear, but that's simply not the case, otherwise ratchet spanners would be worn out so quickly :) In the graphic above the handbrake in both cases could have been applied with the button depressed, without the driver knowing...
  13. _Steve

Altea Handbrake Problem

The problem with the bootlid is down to a dent master removal of the trim to remove a ding from the metal - somehow the re-fitted trim is pressing differently on the boot surround - i'll get round to fixing it soon. in the meantime i just have to put a few extra kgs into lowering the tailgate...
  14. _Steve

Altea Handbrake Problem

i've had a Jaguar X-type, and a Focus 2 roll down the company car park because of handbrakes failing, but these were after a period of time - ie the rear discs cooled and contracted slightly, reducing pad pressure and letting the cars roll. I've got the DSG box so can't offer Seat Altea...
  15. _Steve

TomTom Go Mount

don't know how alike the ends of the Leon & Altea dashboards are - but have a look at Seats answer to the TomTom issue: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1098975
  16. _Steve

custom TomTom mount

i don't worry about the security issue - i've hard wired my tomtom into the car and simply cant be bothered to remove the sucker, hide away the charging lead, clean the marks off the windscreen, and then go through all the fuss in reverse to get the mount stuck back in place, to avoid the oinks...
  17. _Steve

custom TomTom mount

the first pic came from http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/gcf/newsID/2060921.003/seat/seat-altea-xl-to-be-unveiled where they say: and from TomTom's site :http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=298&Year=2006&Language=1 the last paragraph suggests the whole kit...
  18. _Steve

custom TomTom mount

found another pic showing the custom startup logo Seat have got on thier "factory option" tomtom - looks nice :)
  19. _Steve

custom TomTom mount

i've just found an answer to my vibrating TomTom problem :) - the new XL will have an option for a TomTom mount to be fitted, which will both power a newer TT and link it through the car speakers (just like a normal TT with a car-kit) - here's a picture of it in LHD version: The kit will be...
  20. _Steve

New tyres question?

29,000 miles - well done :) mine have just been replaced at 8600 miles - and that's with a DSG gearbox - i can't wheelspin much with this car! I had dunlop SP sport 9000's on from factorym and they've been replaced with Dunlop SP sport Maxx's which i think will last even less as these have...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.