Search results

1. secret.squirrel

Full circle return

Many moons ago I had an Ibiza FR, the past of the PD130. That met its end when I speared into a tree driving like a ****. Sad times. Fast forward and 8 years and as many cars later I’ve found myself this time in a 67 plate Mk3 Leon FR. Looking forward to getting involved again and making a few...
  2. secret.squirrel

My Ibiza is ver-y sick! :-(

I'm having issues with a Polo GTI with the oil consumption issue at the moment. This had lead to it eating a spark plug and dropping compression in one of the cylinders. This is slightly beside the point, but I have done a bit of research into my legal standpoint on it, and found these two...
  3. secret.squirrel

My New Love Interest

Well it's with a heavy heart I had to say good bye to the dear old diesel. It was my own fault but long and short 40mph into a tree about a week ago has written the car off. The lesson here? Don't swerve for animals, just speed up. As it stands I'm waiting for the insurance cheque in the post...
  4. secret.squirrel

9 inch rear wheels (Poke)

It would make more sense to put the wider ones on the front from a performance standpoint, more contact with the road on the working wheels. Just my 2p. What alloys do you have for the summer?
  5. secret.squirrel

Brake Fluid

I only flushed and bled the front set up, and got through about 2 and a half 500ml bottles. Gonna pick up another 2 litres at some point and redo the whole system front and rear.
  6. secret.squirrel

Brake Fluid

Cheers for the responses guys, I did the swap over last night with a couple of mates help, went for Pagid 5.1 in the end! Just going through the bedding in process so I can enjoy them properly :) Squirrel.
  7. secret.squirrel

Brake Fluid

Good shout, didn't even think of them! Cheers! Squirrel.
  8. secret.squirrel

Brake Fluid

Fair enough. Dragging back to topic though, dot 5.1 a good name and supplier? Squirrel.
  9. secret.squirrel

Brake Fluid

Haha what do you have against Swindon? (No I'm not there or from there or anything to do with there...) Squirrel
  10. secret.squirrel

Brake Fluid

I'm after dot 5.1 brake fluid, I'm gonna need about 3 litres so I can do a full flush and fill when I fit my 312mm kit next week. Anyone recommend a good name and supplier? Tried some of the local motor factors without much success really! Cheers, Squirrel.
  11. secret.squirrel

Decat

Get the cat cut out, strip out the centre of it and reweld it in place... o_O Squirrel.
  12. secret.squirrel

Brake Conversion

Good shout, didn't think of those to be fair! Squirrel.
  13. secret.squirrel

Brake Conversion

Just the standard 288mm at the moment, but I'm getting coilovers put on next week, and the discs and pads on the front need replacing anyway. Figured I'd kill two birds with one stone while the suspension is in pieces. Squirrel.
  14. secret.squirrel

Brake Conversion

T*ts. back to square one then! Squirrel.
  15. secret.squirrel

Brake Conversion

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=271179753152&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=22516451527 Would these fit, or is it only the earlier model Octavias? Squirrel
  16. secret.squirrel

Brake Conversion

I'm keeping my eye on a couple on there, just thought I'd put the feelers out here as well if anyone has one going! Squirrel
  17. secret.squirrel

Brake Conversion

Anybody got a 312mm brake kit up for sale? Interested in a quick buy, I have cash ready! Squirrel.
  18. secret.squirrel

Ibiza FR TDi

The solution to that is keeping your foot in ;) Squirrel.
  19. secret.squirrel

Ibiza FR TDi

I have an '08 FR TDi, had it remapped down at JKM about 18 months and 16k miles ago, and the map transformed it. Booked it in in a couple of weeks to get coilovers fitted to sort out the suspension, the stock stuff is good but a bit too unforgiving to have the confidence to really chuck it in...
  20. secret.squirrel

PD intakes

Was just wondering why you would polish that one, given the intake pipe to the airbox is plastic, so polishing it would actually do f*ck all. Squirrel.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise