Search results

1. Jay20VT

Speaker Upgrade

Hi Guys I hope you can help. I bought a set of Hertz Uno K165 speakers to replace the old set up. I did one door with an adapter to make two wires from four for the mid bass driver and connected the new tweeter using existing connector from old tweeter. I did a quick sound test and it kinda...
  2. Jay20VT

Dreaded over heating

Thank you so so much.. I'm gonna look at this and feedback
  3. Jay20VT

Dreaded over heating

Thank you
  4. Jay20VT

Dreaded over heating

Sorry I am proper thick and wanna deal with this once and for all with minimal effort. Where can I get a fan pack from? Or can I change the resistor, what's the easiest and cheapest option ?
  5. Jay20VT

Dreaded over heating

Ok so taking a systematic and methodical approach. I saw sat in traffic again today and it's starting creeping up. I switched on the AC and within seconds went back to 90. Is that the resistors or fan pack or whatever.. can someone send me links to purchase aftermarket and a vid to sort it...
  6. Jay20VT

Dreaded over heating

Thanks for that. What's the best way to check this?
  7. Jay20VT

Dreaded over heating

I know this might sounds like it's been discussed before but I wanted to share my experience of late. Car has been fine and only over heated once before hurricane mode kicked in. The other day a similar thing happened whilst sat in miles of traffic, so one went the HOT blowers to dissipate the...
  8. Jay20VT

Warped Discs NEW?

Which I did do. Probite is a relatively new company and have had good reviews. Don't get me wrong, when they were new and doing what they were supposed to do they were bloomin awesome! I have contacted them and agreed to look at warranty claim and 50% off a new set and full refund upon...
  9. Jay20VT

Warped Discs NEW?

No road noise, humming or whirring so doubt it really
  10. Jay20VT

Warped Discs NEW?

Hi Guys A couple months back had some new Probite discs and pads installed. The brakes are great but now I'm getting pulsating feeling like there are high spots on the discs. Took it back to the garage and using a DTI gauge told me that the discs are outside the range, essentially warped. How...
  11. Jay20VT

My MK1 Leon Cupra R

Lovely car mate.. similar to mine but 70k on clock with one previous, drives like yours. Since having it I dropped it 20mm and got a stage 1 map to wake it up. Got the wheels refurbished also. Interior is proper mint too . Like you said I don't anyone sat in the back seat 😂
  12. Jay20VT

Pinch weld/jacking point repair

Good luck. It's should be fine.. these cars are pretty tough on the whole
  13. Jay20VT

Pinch weld/jacking point repair

This is like mine.. the jack points are pretty managled after being jacked up incorrectly. I straightened mine with a bolster and hammer which was quite harsh, you can use vice grips too. I then cleaned it and covered the area with Hammerite to stop rust. Taking the skirts off is quite easy and...
  14. Jay20VT

LCR BAM Oil Consumption

Ok, cheers. I think I should top up using 5w40 cos I have been with 5w30.. what is the correct grade for these cars?
  15. Jay20VT

LCR BAM Oil Consumption

I'm not sure actually as I take it to a reputable garage and they use C3, so a fully synthetic of some sort. Fuchs I think
  16. Jay20VT

LCR BAM Oil Consumption

A smoke test revealed a couple pipes that were leaking and these were replaced with silicone ones. Other than that I can't see any others. Sparks replace in last service a couple months back and all four coli's a few weeks back.
  17. Jay20VT

LCR BAM Oil Consumption

So just to add evidence. 375ml of oil used over 1492miles. Does that seem excessive? And not been ragging it cos I don't
  18. Jay20VT

LCR BAM Oil Consumption

Nope. Rocker cover gasket changed last year and surely I would get a smell
  19. Jay20VT

Dreaded TCS light

Hello mate, long time no speak Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I love the rarity and I draw to those who are clued up about these cars. Whilst I try my best to keep the mileage under control, one can't help but drive it at any given opportunity 😂 Wanted to wash it today but this weather is...
  20. Jay20VT

Dreaded TCS light

Anyway, so all doors lock fine and TCS light has been off last few days.. oh the joy. I still love her though, always a pleasure to drive
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise