Search results

1. Lost Dip beam headlights & Airbag warning light on.

2001 Alhambra 1.8VT dip headlights not working Column switch is OK (by substitution) fuses OK where next to look also airbag warning light on. Despite replacing the alternator, battery volts are good I am getting low B+ codes. I may have disturbed some wiring under the bonnet as getting the...
  2. 1.8VT Alhambra gearboxes

Hi My 2001 1.8VT gearbox has died it is a EHJ version that originally had the big 'lantern housing' drive shaft set up I converted it to the later type without the housing I have found a later gearbox EHO type - In the end it was failure of the rubber mounting for the bearing of the flanged...
  3. Disintegrated Clutch pressure plate 2001 Alhambra 20VT

Although my Alhambra is getting old it is still low mileage at just over 90,000. My clutch suddenly went wrong after a rather rapid take off. It would still drive but slipped if pushed too hard. My local repair garage fixed it, a rather unusual failure the pressure plate had broken into 4...
  4. 2002 2L Petrol Alhambra Clutch stuck

OK Steve, Thanks I also got an answer from a VW forum looks like it going to be a DMF/Clutch replacement job.
  5. 2002 2L Petrol Alhambra Clutch stuck

This Alhambra has been off the road for a couple of years I've been doing a few jobs on it odd bits of rust & general tidy up 180,000 miles on the clock still 'starts on the button' (yes I know it's a key start!) but now I can't engage gears as the clutch won't release. Difficult to test if...
  6. Flashing/beeping oil warning light

Well that didn't get any answers but it was the sump oil level sensor - replaced & the problem went away. Disappointing lack of answers from the Forum have we lost our'experts' or is my Alhambra too old?
  7. Flashing/beeping oil warning light

Seat Alhambra 20VT 2001 Ona long journey, got stuck in traffic queue, oil warning lamp blinked with beeps could stop solid 2 lanes no pull off, kept going slowly light coming & going engine was fine stopped at services oil a bit low on dip stick. I topped up ran engine no obvious noises engine...
  8. Locked Control Module code 17978

Paid £75 to 'remove' immobilizer so engine now starts & runs, but still need to 'kill' the alarm which operates if I key lock the doors.
  9. Locked Control Module code 17978

VCDS lite scanned the system & confirmed that the Key & the immobiliser aren't 'talking' I tried a plug in device that supposed to bypass the immobiliser it did all the 'right' things according to it's flashing led but didn't work so I'll be sending that back! I've fixed the broken door...
  10. Locked Control Module code 17978

2001 2L petrol Alhambra, I picked this up very cheap as spares or repair it is unusual as it is also converted to run on LPG. It won't keep running as the immobiliser is locked it came with a single 'new' looking key marked HU66TE it is Italian.It has a small red plastic panel on one edge. I...
  11. Front Screen wiper motor parking

got current flow diagram from Elsawin but I can't make sense of them! No help at all!
  12. Front Screen wiper motor parking

2001 Alhambra 20VT windscreen wipers have been fine. Recently had a service & they changed the pollen filter. hadn't used the wipers for a while & when switched on seemed OK but would not park properly. Intermittent wipe is chaotic they move about 30 degrees & stop then jerk in small steps...
  13. Paint code location

Yes there is a trace of a paper sticker there but it is totally unreadable! I think the colour is Indigo Blue Pearlescent, a rattle can from Halfords is a very close match.
  14. Paint code location

Alhambra 2001 20VT According to the hand book the paint code is in the spare wheel location!!! as the spare is fixed under the rear floor I very much doubt this is true! that said I've looked in all the 'usual' places & found nothing. Does anybody know if this info is stuck somewhere on/in the...
  15. egr valve

You need to get it diagnosed turbo is not working by your description but is it broken or is something else stopping it working.
  16. egr valve

You must have a problem a 1.8 Turbo is certainly not underpowered I have to feather the throttle in first gear other wise I get axle tramp you should have 150BHP on tap if everything is working!(this engine is basically a Golf GTI turbo engine)
  17. egr valve

I don't think that disconnecting the battery will affect the LPG system (how do you find that in use) I've got a 1.8Turbo. The code reader is an Autel VAGSCANNER VAG305.
  18. egr valve

Try the usual trick of disconnecting the battery - make sure you have the code if your radio is coded type I think yours is automatically self coding( look in handbook) Reconnect battery & see if fault returns. I got one of these small code readers from Ebay & you can check fault codes & try...
  19. Flat spot & DTC's

Ah good point! I'll try that thanks!
  20. Flat spot & DTC's

What has happened to the Tech experts that used be on this Forum I have had no response to this question?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.