Search results

1. Leon 2003 1.4 S 16V Hunting Idle

Aside from the bulkhead seam leak into the footwell this car has been behaving until now. Since I got the car 3yrs ago, it's sometimes runs a little fast until it warms up and then settles, I've mentioned to garage a few times and they have been unconcerned, however of late it has changed...
  2. Leon mk1 dash illumination

Sorry to bump this olde worlde thread. However, benturner, check if fuse 15 has been removed. It could be that your vehicle had the disco dash and someone has disabled the annoying flashing and beeping for you. The side effect being that the clock and trip counter reset everytime you turn...
  3. Front Wiper - Motor/Linkage or spindles?

Thanks Neil. I was right to be sceptical. I took it all apart and one of the wiper spindles had ceased up completely. The linkages were fine. Managed to get a free moving complete wiper mechanism from the scrappy for £30. I oiled it up and switched them over, put the old motor back on and the...
  4. Front Wiper - Motor/Linkage or spindles?

Hi There, The wipers on my wife's Arosa stopped working this morning. She had the RAC out as she is at work, the guy managed to get them working again by spraying some lubricant onto the linkage joints. He stated though that he thought the motor might be on it's way out. I can get a new...
  5. Parcel Tray Cable fixings

Thanks guys. Will be down the scrappies tomorrow. Why I did not think of that I do not know.
  6. Parcel Tray Cable fixings

Hi There, When I purchased my Leon there were no parcel tray cable fixings, it is getting a bit irritating now as I have been getting regularly bashed on the head. Does anyone know where to procure these from? The picture will give you an idea of the problem: Note: The retractable...
  7. Oil Query 2003 1.4 S

Thank you for your reply. I can see your point, but I know the car was serviced the day before we took ownership and oil and filters were done. I have a copy of the receipt for this but it does not state what oil was used. Following posting I dug out the manual which states: Page 3.38 'If a...
  8. Oil Query 2003 1.4 S

We recently got a Leon 1.4 S (2003), it needs a drop of oil. Not sure what oil is in it at present. Just wondering if it would be safe to top up with fully synth 5W/40 (VW502.00 / 505.00)?
  9. Missing my buzzers

Hmm, I guess I need to find a garage who can do it. In the handbook the info had a * by it which I was wondering if it meant not on all models?
  10. Missing my buzzers

Before the Leon I had an Ibiza, if you left the lights on you had a buzz noise when you opened the door. The Leon s does not offer this courtesy, further to this if you accidentally leave the indicator on, it leaves parking lights on (on the side you indicate to). I guess there is no way...
  11. 03 Leon 1.4 s - Engine Number

The car was purchased from a work colleague of my wife's so I sincerely hope that the stamped number matches up. I'll have another look when I get time. Stupidly I had checked everything else except that. Then I saw the gear box number and panicked as it did not match the V5!! :p If you look...
  12. 03 Leon 1.4 s - Engine Number

Thank you Muttley that is very helpful - much appreciated. I managed to locate the stickered number - which is correct. Will have a look for a stamped number when I have a bit more time.
  13. 03 Leon 1.4 s - Engine Number

Ah, the manual is wrong then perhaps? Or back to front? Or, perhaps I was reading it upside down! Thank you for the quick reply - appreciated, I will have a look in the morning!
  14. 03 Leon 1.4 s - Engine Number

Hi There, Can anyone tell me where on an 03 plate Leon 1.4 s is the engine number located? The only number I can find is to the right and does not correlate to the v5. It should start BCA......, the number I found starts F5Q or FSQ which does not seem to correlate with the engines applicable to...
  15. Immobiliser problem? 2000 W 1.9 SDI

I know, but I think I will cut my losses - transport back here would be ~ £150 + 2nd hand ECU more expensive on sdi ~ £300 Unlocked and there is no guarantee that it will be fixed. Plus I need something to drive in the meantime. Just found a Polo 1.4 S TDI on an 03 plate with 49k miles - just...
  16. Immobiliser problem? 2000 W 1.9 SDI

Oh No! :wtf: Bad news. Garage called this morning, it is dead again. Think it will be off to the scrappy. The dealers they have offered to reduce the cost of looking into it by half and were open to me sourcing a replacement ECU. However, I think I will cut my losses. If anyone wants an...
  17. Immobiliser problem? 2000 W 1.9 SDI

If only I had invested in a wire brush and some of FIL's famed electrical spray..... Dealers called, they have the car running. They apparently ran diagnostics, cleaned ecu pins, squirted on some electrical spray and it now runs fine. No fault codes or anything. 3hrs labour = £240 = Ouch At...
  18. Immobiliser problem? 2000 W 1.9 SDI

Hi Graeme, Thanks for that, could be useful info. I called the dealers this morning and couldn't get to speak to the person who is supposed to be looking at it. Not had a call back yet, might give em another shout in a bit. I've got a feeling that they are not interested in sorting it out...
  19. Immobiliser problem? 2000 W 1.9 SDI

Thanks for the reply Chez. Mine does start - but then just cuts straight out and the immobiliser light does not flash. Bit difficult to get a 2nd opinion, given I can't move the car.... bit frustrating, if it was at home I could have a fiddle about myself and i'd be willing to take a punt on...
  20. Immobiliser problem? 2000 W 1.9 SDI

Yeah, I think if I can get the part no. I'll be able to source one off ebay for < £100 with the immobiliser bypassed. Gonna try and get the to the dealers in the week to get the info.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.