Search results

1. Loads of warning lights !!

Main dealer said it was the seal to one of the pipes where they connected to the abs, the o ring had a split in it. Hopefully all sorted now.
  2. Loads of warning lights !!

Well, had brake warning light come on about 6 weeks ago, garage changed brake pads, car was fine for 2 or so weeks until the light came on again !! Took it back to my local garage who said that there was brake fluid leaking from he ABS. Took it to the main dealer who said that the abs unit had a...
  3. Loads of warning lights !!

Was as thought, ABS unit. Ended up costing about £800 which I think was ok based on prices I had expected of £1200. Think they got their prices wrong when they quoted me. If the pump is still registering a signal then you can get it done by a local garage slightly cheaper as they can use a kit...
  4. Loads of warning lights !!

Seat dealer has confirmed that it is the ABS unit that needs replacing. Said that Seat don't do goodwill gestures !! Price to replace the unit and change the passenger window switch £760. Richard
  5. Loads of warning lights !!

Would be nice if they did. Any suggestions on what I should say to the garage ? Cheers Richard
  6. Loads of warning lights !!

Oh, had the AA look at it as well just in case I needed to get it towed to the garage. They said it is safe to drive but only to the garage.
  7. Loads of warning lights !!

Well, its not good. Local garage had chap in who traced the signal to the ABS unit, no signal from the ABS unit. Thus he couldn't get the code he need to recode it once he had repaired it. Therefore he couldn't do anything as without the code it wont work. Only thing they said is take it to the...
  8. Loads of warning lights !!

Took it to the local garage, put it through the diagnostic and !! You guessed it, ABS module and pump problem. Tried all of the normal things, fuses battery etc The unit isn't responding so it cant check the eps etc hence the lights are all staying on Someone is coming out to the garage to...
  9. Loads of warning lights !!

Someone said that I should disconnect the battery and reconnect to see if that clears the system, would that possibly work ? Thanks Richard
  10. drivers wiper

Makes sense, good find. Richard
  11. drivers wiper

Not sure but to remove them don't you need to get the wipers to stop part way on the screen, maybe it was refitted in slightly the wrong place by the last owner ? Supposedly you get the wiper into service mode by : put the key in the ignition and turn it to the I position. Then touch the...
  12. Loads of warning lights !!

Bit of searching seems to suggest it could be a problem with the ABS, maybe one of the sensor near the wheels ? Sounds like all of the lights that are on have something to do with the braking, apart from the emission control. Off to the garage in the next couple of days. Hoping it corrects...
  13. Loads of warning lights !!

Got into the car tonight (Seat Altea 57 plate) to an array of warning lights. :cry: ABS, emission control, ESP and Electromechanical steering lights all on. :blink: Drove the car for a short distance and the handbrake light came on with a warning sound. Fuel gauge kept going up and down as...
  14. Seat Toledo ABS, ESP, WARNING LIGHTS, ABS PUMP??!! HELP HELP

Did you get this sorted, same has just happened to my Seat Altea Richard
  15. Anyone used mobile dent/ scratch removal companies

Thanks for the replies, contaced a local chap to me who had good reviews on the internet. Just got to email him photos and see if he wants a closer look before he quotes for the repair. Will let you know how it goes. I was just wary that they may say they can get them to be invisible but i...
  16. Advice Needed Please - Minor Dent Removal

Top Dog, Could you let me know who you used in Brum, need to get a dent and scratch removed from my car. Cheers Rich
  17. Anyone used mobile dent/ scratch removal companies

Just wondering how good a job they can do, the car got dinked and has some minor scratches in the wheel arch and a small dent so was going to give one of them a try. Anyone reccommend anyone in the west midlands - Birmingham area ? Cheers Richard
  18. AUX input

Cheers again Danny, still no joy unfortunately:confused:. All i get is the cd playing and no AUX option. Going to try a different MP3 player and a different cable. Will try one of my friends at the weekend. Cheers Richard:)
  19. AUX input

Hi Danny, Thanks for the reply:). I have tried pressing the button as well as going through the programme function but the aux input just doesnt seem to be there. Going to try again tonight with the engine running, plugging it in first then turning the car on etc etc. Hopefully that will...
  20. AUX input

Hi, Just bought an Altea 57 plate 1.9 TD so still exploring the car and its facilities so please excuse the ignorant questions. I have just tried to plug in a cheap MP3 player into the AUX port via a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. Pressed play on the MP3 and tried to select it on the CD/AUX button...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.