Search results

1. Help buying TDI cupra please

Hi Arkaig, Yup thats the one! Its quite annoying as its very intermittent (hasnt done it for nearly 3 weeks).... My cambelt and water pump were changed last week so thats something less to worry about. I think the PD engines are pretty good as long as you use the right oil etc, besides...
  2. Help buying TDI cupra please

I'm based in Glasgow and may be selling mine. Have had a few issues whilst owning it as per Badgers list. The pads were a nightmare to change but now they've been done and the pins are copper-slipped it shouldnt be an issue getting them out in future. Wheel arches are prone to rusting - mine...
  3. cupra tdi

Have the exact same problem with mine, been doing it intermittently for quite a while. Have also changed the wiring loom which seemed to help for a while then the problem re-occurred. After that I disconnected all the plugs, cleaned and re-connected them and it worked ok for ages.....then it...
  4. MK4 Brake Upgrades

Does anyone have any experience with fitting LCR Brembo's to a MK4 Ibiza Cupra? Have snapped a bleed nipple and whilst I was able to drill it out and fit a new bleed nipple, its now started leaking slightly. Seat charge £750 for a new caliper (total f*cking rip-off!) so am looking for...
  5. mk4 cupra Tdi common faults?

Problems with my car at the mo.... -Rusty arches - Not sure why Seat have a different stance from VW with this. -Intermittent fault with the injector wiring loom which causes a missfire, very common issue with PD engines. -Solid suspension which makes your interior creak, pain in the ass but...
  6. Rusty front arches

Hey mate, I'm looking at selling mine. Platinum grey, 90000miles, completely standard...just had new discs/pads front and rear, will have 2 new front tyres. All good apart from bubbling arches!
  7. Shudder & Traction control light

Cheers mate. The fuel filter is long overdue a change actually, will get that done on Saturday. Cambelt was done about 30000 miles ago so pretty sure it isn't that. A guy on here was going to scan it for me but for whatever reason that never happened. Does anyone in the glasgow area have VCDS...
  8. Shudder & Traction control light

It's a 1.9tdi cupra...
  9. Shudder & Traction control light

I asked about this quite a while ago and noone could help, so thought I'd try again! I've had this problem quite a while now, basically, when the engine is hot the traction control light will come on and the engine shudders (I've driven from Glasgow to Aberdeen with no issues, turned the...
  10. Cupra brakes...

Well it was my first attempt and certainly a learning experience! Really? Thats music to my ears, I thought I'd wrecked the caliper, though I guess the pads have nowhere to go...there will be 2pins in but only one of them will be solid.
  11. Cupra brakes...

I agree, in theory they should be a piece of piss to work on but from reading various threads on here they clearly aren't that simple. The first pin came out OK, the 2nd was a nightmare...we have got it out but the new pin isn't held quite as secure as it should be....
  12. Cupra brakes...

Does anyone know if Leon Cupra R calipers will bolt straight on? Messed up the back of one caliper drilling it out meaning the retention pin isn't very secure.
  13. Cupra brakes...

Cheers, you guys are both right... Actually contacted Seat to see how much a new caliper would cost.....£765!!! Total f*cking joke! So will be taking it to a machine shop and getting them to sort it.
  14. Looking for an FR / Cupra Tdi

I could be selling my Cupra tdi in the near future...has done 85000 miles, has slightly rusty arches but goes well... Its completely standard as well.
  15. Cupra brakes...

Need help guys, spent this morning trying to remove the steel pins from the calipers (seriously Seat, wtf were you thinking putting a race caliper on a bloody road car?!?!), managed to get them removed after drilling them, only for the bleed nipple to snap off. I'm pretty sick of the brakes in...
  16. One or two wee issues

Sorry, I meant traction control light - doh! Yeah, started the car with the bonnet lifted and it was running smooth, then it started shuddering, checked the dash and the traction control light was on. When in the car, the traction control light comes as soon as the car starts to shudder. It...
  17. One or two wee issues

Ok so managed to get a look at the car tonight and found the engine fan fuse had gone, the engine management light comes on and the car continuously shudders now - when I popped the bonnet you could actually see it shuddering. Could the blown fuse have anything to do with it? Car drives fine and...
  18. One or two wee issues

Ok, first problem is the traction control light. It comes on every now and again, have soldered the alternator signal cable where it is prone to breaking so i'm sure its not that. It quite often comes on when in idle and when it does the car kind of shudders. Any ideas? Second problem is...
  19. Traction Control Light

Aha, i'm not very clued up on these things... Cheers mate!
  20. Traction Control Light

I didn't think so! Though i'm not sure what the load signal cable has to do with the traction control either!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.