Search results

1. Looking for a top spec Exeo ST 170

I have just bought a 143 and was surprised by the power banding in it compared to my 130pd Leon that I also have. Your comments on the remap have certainly put ideas in my head ;)
  2. Long Overdue Update

Very late replying, but I ended up having a new master cylinder which fixed the issue. Was frustrating because you could get a solid pedal when bleeding. Must have torn the seal and had a small leak.
  3. Long Overdue Update

Three years later and I still have the yellow submarine. Sadly my wife uses it as a daily and I have had several other cars in between. Most notably a 3.2 V6 Mercedes CLK. Now I have will be commuting to a new job, so I have bought myself a SEAT Exeo TDI, which so far is good. It still isn't...
  4. Brakes.

By the sounds of it I would never go back to that Halfords auto center. Hopefully a new vac line without holes will help!
  5. Brakes.

It may solve your problem, however it may not. There could be a few reasons why there is no resistance, do you find fluid under the car when you press the pedal? Is the brake fluid reservoir full? Does the clutch pedal feel and operate ok?
  6. injector cleaner

It could be, however I am a firm believer that these things are handy for MOT's but little else. Many people in the industry back that up, saying they are great very short term, but you would have to add something to every tank for it to stay semi-clean. Most friendly places will tell you to...
  7. Long Overdue Update

So, in Feb this year I took my car for an MOT and it failed badly. Just before Christmas my wife and I had been made homeless and were renting a single room somewhere with the entire contents of our old two bed flat in storage, we were in the process of buying a new house and when we went...
  8. injector cleaner

All the products do the same, including V-power. The truth is, they are out there to help you get a car through an emissions test. The only way they are of benefit is if you add them to every tank. The best way would be to use V-Power, but if you have no MOT test coming up, I do not see the...
  9. Spongy Brake Pedal

On the subject of Brake bleeding.... I have a hand pumped vaccum gun at home (handy for the vac hoses on TDI's) and am using that to bleed my brakes. About 6 months ago I had 3 new calipers and a new master cylinder fitted to my Leon by a garage. (shamefull I know, but the first time anyone...
  10. Spongy Brake Pedal

According to the Bently Manual for the Golf/Bora it depends which ABS system is fitted as to which sequence it is. One is Rear Right, Rear Left, Front Right, Front Left..... The other is the one described from Elsa. (Starting at front) This is where the confusion comes from, however I am not...
  11. Long Overdue Update

Apologies for not replying to any questions, been off the forum a long time! Leon is still going (just) and having huge issues at the moment with the braking system. In answer to above questions, the steering wheel was a straight swap for the leon one, very quick and easy to do once you have...
  12. Oil change drama

the filter has been crushed by not being sat square and pushed home when being installed. Age or frequency will have no effect on this. It is purely fitter error. Even the cheapest of cheap filters would not be damaged by correct fitting.
  13. A strange noise that I can't place..... HELP!!

did you check the wheels are attached correctly by jacking it up and checking the bolts?
  14. A strange noise that I can't place..... HELP!!

check the wheel bolts are done up, and if not, re-torque them. More common an issue than you may think.
  15. What contributes to low Mpg?

under inflated tyres, worn tyres, old air/fuel filters, old oil, extra drag on the outside of car,old gearbox oil... As said above, pretty much an endless list. Tyres are often the most common cause or a badly serviced car.
  16. Electrical Problem

When you tried fitting the lamp that was not the right size, did you bend or open the fittings in any way in an attempt to fit it? Could the fittings in the lamp holder be touching structure somewhere and causing a short to earth?
  17. Electrical Problem

If a fuse blows when you replace it, it means the fault is still present (assuming the correct rating of fuse is used). So if replacing the fuse does not work, you are likely to have a fault somewhere else. Most likely a short to earth somewhere.
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Got it another years ticket :) I miss the green certificates though, a piece of boring A4 paper does not have the same visual effect.
  19. Long Overdue Update

MOT fail - In two respects! Well, MOT time came and I thought I would give my car a thorough check over. Great, all looked well. I forgot to check one MAJOR component. The rear brakes! Now, I knew they were low, as I checked them when I replaced my front discs and pads. But it seems I...
  20. Long Overdue Update

Yes its just a straight arm swap. Only one single (12mm I think) nut holds the wiper arm onto the motor shaft. All motors are pretty much standard accross the vag range of that age, with a tripod style mounting arrangement.